It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my daughter seeing things that I cannot?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Aw, come on. She's 3 years old. Little kids see stuff all the time. They see a shadow from a tree and think it's the boogeyman or something. She's way too young to be doping her up or thinking she's got some sort of mental issue. If she was ten or twelve, yeah, it'd be a different story.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It does sound as though she is seeing something that you are not. Children are said to be more sensitive to the paranormal than we as adults are. Now weather that is because they are more innocent and open minded or whatever the case I don’t know but they are more sensitive. Also though kids have an overactive imagination and tend to grasp certain things out of movies or other things that they see. So I first ask you to think back within a couple of weeks before the first time she reacted that way and see if you can remember anyone else saying or doing that in front of her. Or it could possibly a movie in which a child says scary or something of the sorts.

As far as the waking up in the middle of the night. That could be contributed to night terrors. Night terrors are a childhood sleeping disorder that is usually only a phase that children go through. I will link to another post dealing with night terrors where I and several other members commented and offered advice on how to deal with this. Many people myself included have experienced night terrors they last for different durations with different people.

Now once you have racked your brain and can’t think of any other explanation for your daughter’s reactions then we can look to it being something paranormal. As I said before children are said to be more sensitive to the paranormal. So just because you can see nothing does not mean that your daughter isn’t. Now I am not going to go off on ghost stories I will be straight. There is no such thing as ghosts or spirits of those who have passed. There are only demonic entities that will try to confuse and confound us. Their intentions are nothing short of fear, confusion and evil. I suggest that you not try to do anything yourself if you are not a devout religious person.

My best advice is to contact a church that you feel comfortable with (preferably Pentecostal) and ask the pastor or a minister of that church to come and pray throughout your house and anoint it. It also would not hurt to have them pray over your family as well. This is a surefire way to stop any activity that is happening. That said It would also be cool to as some other members have said set up a camera in her room and record throughout the night just to see if you can find anything unusual to share with us here on ATS. You may also try talking with your daughter. Get her to describe or draw whatever it is that she is seeing. Try to get her to open up about it but don’t pry too deep or lead her to any answers. Whatever you find out, with that we would like to know about also.

As I always do in these situations I ask that you keep us posted as to what happens and what course of action you can take. If there is anything else that I can do for you feel free to respond here or contact me via U2U message. Hope all works out.

JROCK

here is the thead about Night Terrors.
edit on 7/9/2011 by JROCK2527 because: spelling and gramatical errors

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Seek Jesus protection and pray. Do not believe the people who say she's just imagining things, you will regret it.

It sounds like she is definitely seeing something. I really feel sorry for her if she's under spiritual attack and your doing nothing to stop it. Please do something.
edit on 8-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
If I was worried about my little daughter, the last place where I'd be looking for help was a forum where people are discussing how to summon Cthulhu. But hey, that's just me. Maybe you'll get good advice here, along with hints on how to shapeshift into an animal.
Seriously, children don't have a "6th sense". However, they have a widely underestimated sense for things that get them attention. When their mentioning of anything ghostlike makes you look more puzzled than usual, they will notice, and they will try more of that. Their ghost stories are not any more real than their tea parties with imaginary friends, but since the visit of Polly Prissy Pants isn't half as interesting to you as some story about dark shadows, they stick with the latter. And of course they get scared by their own imagination. How could they get a grip of reality if even their parents believe in ghosts?
edit on 9-9-2011 by Verklagekasper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
michael1983l, this does sound distressing and I understand helplessness you feel at the moment.

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
my initial guy reaction is if pointing and saying scary gets her daddy to stay with her, she is going to continue doing it.

While I do acknowledge that there are things out there that can't be explained, I tend to lean towards this theory. I remember from when I was was younger, anything that made my Dad sit up and pay attention to me, I would totally latch onto.

But in the spirit of keeping an open mind, I think the suggestion of giving her some crayons and asking her to draw what seems to be scaring her might give you an insight into what you're dealing with.

Do you and your wife/significant other ever feel anything in the house or notice anything out of the ordinary?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Verklagekasper

You don't have any idea of what's real, your not living in reality.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verklagekasper
If I was worried about my little daughter, the last place where I'd be looking for help was a forum where people are discussing how to summon Cthulhu. But hey, that's just me. Maybe you'll get good advice here, along with hints on how to shapeshift into an animal.
Seriously, children don't have a "6th sense". However, they have a widely underestimated sense for things that get them attention. When their mentioning of anything ghostlike makes you look more puzzled than usual, they will notice, and they will try more of that. Their ghost stories are not any more real than their tea parties with imaginary friends, but since the visit of Polly Prissy Pants isn't half as interesting to you as some story about dark shadows, they stick with the latter. And of course they get scared by their own imagination. How could they get a grip of reality if even their parents believe in ghosts?
edit on 9-9-2011 by Verklagekasper because: (no reason given)

Care to explain how the same # comes up with families that don't believe in ghosts ? Or In families that insist nothing is there and it is only their imagination ? My parents did this with me until I was a teenager. They never let on they believed in ghosts or even the devil until, I was 16, and they never let on they believed in ghosts or anything dark/evil until around the same time. So how pray the # tell did I insist that these horrible things were really real and harrasing me when I would get yelled at, sent to my room or locked in with my tormentors ? Why is it families all over the world, religious atheist believers and no believers have the same experiences ? Both as children and adults ?

Just because you are ignorant doesn't mean something doesn't exist! I believe in the man Jesus existed, I am not Religious. I do not believe in god but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist. There will come a time after I pass when that may be answered but I don't ever claim something isn't real because I have not seen it, or someone else says it is not. Do you believe that pluto is bull#? You could argue that it's simply lense flare, or a random piece of space debris that happens to be out there. It's so far from the sun, it's most often observed through a radio telescope and only then is it a blob, and at that distance the object they happen to find in the general orbit could be any number of small asteroids, or even a space bug on the hubble lense. For # sakes, we can make up just as many reasons anything does not exist as it does. Have you seen it ? No you have not you have seen anything but pictures others have taken which are enhanced and if you want to play that game maybe even made up. Most detailed pictures are renditions of what they think it looks like, or a blurry white/grey/black picture with a spec of distortion from a radio telescope that is the object in question that you could argue is anything after all, two sets of radio wave can collide and the distortion caused can appear as if it's an object.

In the same light, "ghosts" can be photographed, measured as a thermal or Electro magnetic change. Sometimes even as a sound, just a change in energy and you can argue that's anything as well, but until there is definitive proof it is not, how can you say otherwise. After all, people thought the Earth was flat until it was proved differently. They also thought the sun revolved around earth until proved different, and there are theories that we are part of a binary star system, which would mean in a sense the sun, or suns in this case do revolve around the earth to some degree. Sort of a galactic ballet, in a gravitational battle over dominant influence of the solar systems planets and other bodies. You don't have to believe, but it doesn't do any good being ignorant. Prove it, or stop trying to stand in the way of others who seek the truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
radio telescope image of pluto

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

After I had a meeting about my worthiness , I felt outcast ,some anger and depressed. The mormon bishop told me to study more scriptures to be admitted to the Mormon Temple in Washington D. C. Then, an hour later about Noon, I was waiting for my ride home at one of the entrances of the church with a friend Mormon . As I began my usual waiting , I looked at the varicolored carpet near the bright clear glass door as an entity about the size of a large spider was scooting with many long invisible "legs" across the floor . I could see the pattern of the carpet through it's "legs"( I suppose they were legs , but I didn't really actually see any legs, let alone the body of the creature ).I could see the pattern of the carpet even through it's body( if it had a body!), when it stopped briefly like all insects do to get their bearings as they scoot across the floor. I could see something moving in broad daylight, but I could see through it. Nobody else next to me saw it,nor saw me looking at it. I just ignore these things and they soon go away.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: michael1983l You can try praying with your daughter before she goes to bed. You can tell her not to be afraid, and tell her if she sees anything scary she can command it to leave her alone in the name of Jesus Christ. You can try talking to her about what she has seen.

edit on 3-5-2014 by deer78 because: made an error

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join