It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my daughter seeing things that I cannot?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I think the post is probably going to turn out to be correct. It sounds like she has always had some issues sleeping alone and this is a way for her to get you to stay close at night. If you talk to her and she is actually seeing things I would say take her to the doctor. I know that won't be a popular opinion on this site, but cover all the basics first then branch out into the paranormal.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I had many experiences like this as a child, used to scare my parents to death ... I know some of the things I did see were good however, this one time I seen something and I've never been so scared in my life. I was laying in bed and seen a figure with dark eyes and it really feel like it was evil. That's all I can remember, that one thing out of the others. I almost broke my leg trying to get away from it. ran and jumped down the stairs as fast as I could

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If the night light's not helping, leave her bedroom door open slightly and leave the light in the hallway/ landing on. It worked for me when I was young... It didn't stop me seeing things, but it stopped me screaming as much!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I don't think it's far-fetched to say your daughter is seeing things you can't see. One of my cousins is a paramedic, and he told me he gets calls sometimes with parents saying their kids see demons or things crawling on the walls or ceilings of their houses—genuinely terrified, even in the light.

My little sister told me when she was little she saw a little green, glowing man in her room one night, and when she saw it, it went and hid behind her dolls. She still remembers this vividly. I also have an uncle who is on medication because he says he sees things like this. He's a rational, clear-headed guy, but nobody wants to believe him when he talks about this stuff. My grandparents also had a poltergeist in their home—with some pretty terrifying stories to back it up. Neither of them ever saw it's form, but it would open and slam cabinets, turn door knobs, and open and close the blinds pretty wildly—sometimes all at once.

There are a lot of cultures out there that would take things like this pretty seriously, but a lot of people these days tend to think seeing anything out of the ordinary means they're crazy. I'd recommend not taking her to the doctor over this, but of course that's just my opinion. Some of the medicine they'll give kids is pretty terrible—for something like this they'd probably give her Seroquel (the same thing they give to veterans with PTSD) which has some pretty mean side effects.

Does she have the same problem at other people's houses, or is it just your house? Also, is it just her room? If it were just something in the house, this would be easier to solve.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I believe my mother used to take holy water and sprinkle it all over the house and walls and doors and said that would keep out evil spirits. You could always try it and see if it works and let your kid know you're doing it. Maybe your kid will feel protected. Or you could tell her the evil spirits have no power over you unless you let them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I do not believe your child is having a paranormal event that you do not experience along with her at the same time,this should be your first clue that this is not something paranormal. This could simply be a case of overactive imagination or her scaring herself as she is becoming aware of more things and realizing what she does not like,and her way of telling you such.

However it is quite possible for her to be actually seeing things that you do not, and this could be a matter for you to discuss with a doctor...

This would be the most logical way for you to be looking out for the well being of your child in my honest opinion. And I sure hope you are not putting ideas in her head through questioning her on these matters yourself as you could very well be doing her more harm then good...

Id also like to state taking your daughters age and ability to articulate for herself: this would negate the possibility of prescriptions which would be in any way harmful indeed even deadly for her.Some people need to think just a little before offering up advice especially if it is jaded by misconception...

You may also wish to be careful how you would speak to the doctor or you yourself may be invited for some visits to allow you to expand upon your thoughts on this matter... know what I'm saying???
edit on 4-9-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Your daughter is young and her brain is developing. She is forming areas of her brain for formal tasks and she is perceiving things that you can't perceive since your brain is that of a mature adult. However it is scary for her as she can't understand that what she is seeing is not necessarily there.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have been tormented by dark shadowy beings as long as I can remember. Sometimes, it is another member has mentioned a mere dark outline, and others with features ( Textures, Colours, shapes and other things I can't begin to explain.) that I have yet to see in the physical world. When I was young my father gave me a flashlight, as well he tried to teach me to laugh at the thing trying to torment me. I was convinced even at a young age that they wanted to hurt me, and it took many evenings of hiding in my fathers clutch with him laughing with me and shining my magic sword (flash light) for them to stop bothering me. He basically told me that if they want to scare me, that I should laugh because then they would feel silly, and when we feel silly we often don't want to be seen. So that worked for me, this may be hard for a little girl to grasp. It certainly was for me, but it seemed to work. I also wanted to impress my Dad and seem tough so that may have helped but the magic flash light sword really helped a lot for me, as a child it can be very hard to distinguish what is real and what isn't but I find I can make dark horrible things go away with my sheer will, and the flash light will help instill that sense of power and defiance to the dark and scary things.
Good luck, I would never suggest Ignoring her as some people may suggest. Even if it is her mind playing tricks on her just remember to remind her that it's only okay to call you if she is frightened and when she gets older if she is hurt or feels in danger. I understand if these are her over active mind or her urge to simply have daddy that seems to be a failure in teaching her independence to some. How ever when I was young, I would scream for my mother because I would see a dark scary being crawl out of the attic and torment me. This happened until I left this house in my teens. I have never called on my mother for support with anything since. Not girl troubles, not money or troubles with work not even when I got messed up in drugs. I don't think my relationship has been the same with her. I love her, and she will always be my mother but it changed things.

Good luck, the best weapon against evil and darkness is love and light.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I remember seeing things in my room as from as early as 2.5 years old. I remember it vividly, but now I can't say for sure what it was, it could have been my imagination after all (imaginative images can form a realistic memory in your brain!), I just can't say for sure
But even when I do believe in the posibility of 'entities' visiting people, you should consider all angles of this problem you are having and not focus on a paranormal cause only.

Is your daughters bedroom on the same floor then your livingroom (or the room you are in when she goes to sleep)? If so, you can try to leave her bedroom door open, with the light in the hallway turned on, so she can clearly hear the noises coming from the room you are in (tv-noise, your voice, etc). It won't keep her up, but should relax her enough to fall asleep and it makes her feel less alone in her bed.

Sometimes a crack in the wall is something 'scary' for children. I remember my own daughter around that age, she got afraid of a cloths hanger that was left on the doorknob or a stain on the carpet. Consider it all.

Try hanging a poster of her favorite cartoon or Disney character high to the sealing and tell her 'something good' about it.

Now for the 'weirder' stuff:
Make sure there are no electric wires going under her bed. If her bed is on a first floor, make sure there are no electric devices, like tv or radio, on the floor below under her bed. If so, move the bed.
I experienced this first hand when I was in my twenties already and had dificulty sleeping. Moving the bed around, after reading about the impact of wires, was the solution for me. I also moved my clock because the wire went under my bed. It helped.
Should you do this, involve your daughter, let her help choosing the new place for the bed so it is a 'good' experience for her.

If you feel like you need to clense your house from negative energies, the most simple thing to do this is by using self-made salt water. Salt water is known for it's purifying qualities. I used it every time I moved, even in my workspace. It's like 'resetting' the energy of a room. It doesn't hurt to try.

I hope you reslove this issue soon,
good luck

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Try and put up cameras, they usually catch the "unseen".

KWytch

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnIghtWytchh

Try and put up cameras, they usually catch the "unseen".

KWytch

really?
How many "unseens" have you seen caught on camera??

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I had many experiences in the house I lived in all of my childhood and teenage years.

I was always having 'situations' where I saw things....

Some of the most relevant experiences to the OP happened when I was a toddler.

I used to wake up in the middle of the night screaming for my mother. I was telling her to tell 'the old man' to stop sitting on my legs.

I remember vividly that I would wake up and an old, thin man with horn-rimmed glasses and a dark grey cardigan would sit on my legs...staring at me...with his right fist balled into the duvet to the left of my left thigh and his left fist balled into the duvet to the right of my right thigh.

He'd just stare....

I used to see him when the hatch to the attic was also open - he would look over the edge at me as I walked underneath the hatch. He would always be at the part of the hatch which was closest to my bedroom.

Sick of the frequent interruptions of her sleep, my mother moved the bed to another part of the room.

No more night time visitor sitting on my legs...

However, things did move around, but it was nowhere near as disturbing.

We moved from that house when I was 16 - just after we left my mother decided to tell me that the previous occupant of the house was an old man who had died in my room.

Thanks Mum!!!!!
edit on 5-9-2011 by stellify because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I would recommend you to seek the help of a shaman in this matters, they are quite skilled in this type of thing.
However, you should not tell your daughter about this, a 3-year old could get scared.

Ask the shaman to see if there is a spirit, talk to it and ask it why it is after your daughter.
The last bit could be important, as it could be possible that the spirit has chosen your daughter to become a shaman, which can lead to unpleasant effects if proper care is not taken.

I highly recommend you to stay away from christian rituals. They are designed with the thought in mind that all spirits are evil, which is not true, but more benign or uncaring spirits are quite easily offended by that.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

just a phase eventually she will get over it ... use other placebo objects to keep her mind busy and make her think she can make the scary things go away and its within her power

I used to leave a tin of tomato soup in the childrens room, I convinced them monsters were petrified of tomato soup and wouldn't go near it.

Worked a treat.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

My god that is scary!
till what age did you see this kind of things?

I used to see a black horned cow outside my window when I was that age. (of course I meant 'bull' but didn't know the difference at that age). It just stood there and stared at me for hours....
My mom still mentiones my nightmares about cows under the bed, I always need to tell her "not under the bed, but by the window!" Maybe I dreamt the same thing every night, still I have a vivid memory of the thing....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I used to leave a tin of tomato soup in the childrens room, I convinced them monsters were petrified of tomato soup and wouldn't go near it.

Worked a treat.

hehe that was very inventive,
to say the least

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It may seem a little scary... My son just turned 4, and he sees (every blue moon) a "shadow man". He wasn't necessarily scared of it, but would come lay in my bed after he saw it. He said it usually stands by the bathroom when he's using the bathroom. (hasn't happened lately, since I don't let him drink anything an hour before bed)

I was a little spooked, but I never felt uneasy or any negative energy in my house... Plus, I was browsing here one day, and read a thread on shadow people, and how they're supposedly not harmful... Something like gatekeepers watching over or something... Don't quote me on that...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I love the camera idea! It is a step in empowering her!

I used to see beings when I was little, apparently (I don't remember, these are the stories my family tells repeatedly). Saw a great uncle around a lot, who died before my birth. I actually would just ask them questions and stuff, and didn't get scared though. Whatever it was that was really going on, it wore off with age.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

Originally posted by Suspiria

Worked a treat.

hehe that was very inventive,
to say the least

It took a few nights of crawling under beds and shaking the tin at dark corners like a witch doctor, but it did the trick.
And produced much hilarity...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think it lasted between the ages of 2 and 4. I also remember being taken to the house for the 1st when I was around 2 years and being held up by my father to look in the back window of the living room from the garden.

I remember seeing the wooden floorboards and the bare room and seeing a little girl in late Victorian dress standing by the door. She had golden curls and was dancing in the sunlight from the front window.

She was dressed in white. Weird to see a period ghost when the house was only built after the war!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join