It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my daughter seeing things that I cannot?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My daugther is 3 years old and she has never liked to sleep alone or be alone, so much so that we still have to sit with her at bed time for her to go to sleep which can sometimes take a couple of hours. I never really suspected anything abnormal but recently I am beginning to change my mind. A few weeks ago in the day time I was playing with her at home when she suddenly stopped and grabbed me and pointed down the hall and said scarry. I look and there's nothing there so I said its not scarry just brushing it off as a childs imagination.Anyway she grips me tighter and still with her finger pointing down the hall she repeats the word scarry, I take another look and see nothing out of the ordinary and brush it off as just a childs over active imagination. Anyway around this time she has started waking up in the night and screaming for maybe 30 minutes and when you try to calm her down it is almost like she is looking through you and that you are not there. It is impossible to calm her.

Anyway putting her to bed tonight and the penny finally dropped. It took an hour tonight and in the end I was laying on her bed with her to try and get her off to sleep but she is just being playful and figety and refusing to go to sleep. She pointed to the celing in the room a couple of times and said dark, it was dusk but not particularly dark. Then whilst playing in her bed she suddenly froze, pointed to the celing and said scarry, she then rolled in to me and covered her eyes and grabbed onto me. There was absolutly nothing on the celing, no shaddows no nothing, just a light fitting. Now I am worried because I am starting to think what if she is seeing something that is scarring her? What can I do? How can I stop it?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
giver her a camera with a flash .. tell her to press the flash everytime she sees something scary ..

when she presses the flash tell her whatever she sees will dissapear , because it hates the flash .

let her try that a few times and see if whatever she sees dissapears after the flash and watch her reaction after she hits the flash

secondly set up a camera in her room with nightvision and infared if possible ...

who knows you might catch somethign paranormal

if all else fails get alot of night lights to lite up her area and the hall way to make it less stressful

just a phase eventually she will get over it ... use other placebo objects to keep her mind busy and make her think she can make the scary things go away and its within her power

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Same thing used to happen to my big sister when we were kids, She claimed to see people, Hyenas and apes!. At times it used to get so bad that she would climb cabinets just to try keep away from 'them'. She eventually outgrew it when she was around 8 so I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I will make a quick list from my perspective of the many responses

Religious: Pray to Jesus ask the house to be clean. I am for this one
Spiritualist: Use real sage and burn it through the house commanding, (and I mean command) to tell the spiirit to leave the house for good. Use the power of Jesus as well. I'm for this too
Rationalist: The child is just imagining things
Skeptics: I think you are making this up

Or people will start saying your child has mental illness.

choose one

edit on 4-9-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I believe that your daughter is seeing into the spirit world....which includes good spirits and bad spirits. Bad spirits are an outline shape...but are completely pitch black otherwise. When she tells you she is seeing something...I would take her seriously....I suggest keeping a journal....the date, day, time, place. and what she sees.

In the past...I personally have done exorcisms of peoples homes...to rid these homes of evil spirits. and I have been successful. I suggest you find someone in your community that can do the same.

edit on 4-9-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

She has only just turned 3 so I don't think she would understand the explaination. Also I do not want to make a big deal out of it so try not to highlight it when it happens, Tonight I did tell her though as I was lay by her in bed that Monsters are scared of daddy so there is nothing to be scared of because they won't come because I am here. Not sure if that was a good thing to say or not but I had to say something because she was distressed.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Wow I hope it doesn't go on that long, it is getting stressful at bedtimes because it is impossible to settle her down.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Maybe that is what she meant when she pointeds to the celing and saying dark? I don't know, but whatever it is it is certainly real to her.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some people take things way too seriously, Honestly she will outgrow it. In a couple of weeks she won't be scared. I joke about it with my sister at times.

Edit: It's just like imaginary friends, Actually it she started seeing things when she was 7.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Have you tried just giving her a night light or something?

Maybe tell her that you're going to look everywhere and spray for scary things and that way you can tell her that even if she sees something that she shouldn't worry because it won't be able to hurt her.

If you're religious, maybe think about having the house blessed or tell her to call for protection from your chosen deity when she sees this stuff.

Whether the kid is seeing something or not, I don't know, but I do know that things like this with kids that age are usually relatively easy to solve, and I've seen all of the above methods work between myself and various relatives.

edit on 4-9-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The camera flash idea is brilliant, the best thing about it is that it's giving her control of the situation. You should really try that OP. Or you could try with a flashlight as well.

link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

A camera definitely won't do anything of that nature justice. Most humans can't see things of the spirit realm with their natural eyes, what makes you think that our technology will see it? I can clearly remember seeing some very vivid and bizarre things when I was about that age. Certain entities of the supernatural realm like to mess with children untainted by the world. Can she draw? If she can draw more than mere scribbles, try giving her a few crayons, a piece of paper, and ask her to draw the "scary" things.

link   

I think that is what she is seeing....I added some more to my original post...please read...and I hope it helps.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Thanks and yes she has a night light. It doesn't however seem to be a phase as she has been a nervous sleeper right from the early days. It took a hell of a lot of effort just to get her to stop trying to sleep in our bed at night, which recently she has started doing again.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I believe that your daughter is seeing into the spirit world....which includes good spirits and bad spirits. Bad spirits are an outline shape...but are completely pitch black otherwise. When she tells you she is seeing something...I would take her seriously....I suggest keeping a journal....the date, day, time, place. and what she sees.

In the past...I personally have done exorcisms of peoples homes...to rid these homes of evil spirits. and I have been successful. I suggest you find someone in your community that can do the same.

What purpose would keeping a journal serve?

How do you perform an exorcism?

What qualifications do you have?

Al serious questions, I'm not trying to flame you, I'm genuinely interested.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
my initial guy reaction is if pointing and saying scary gets her daddy to stay with her, she is going to continue doing it.

bed time is tough, it tugs at your heart strings and you just want to hug them and make it better. my 5 year old was sneaking into his sisters bed and our bed late at night. the only way we could get him in his own bed was patience, and getting him comfortable with nightlights and fans

his old nightlight was casting a shadow he didn't like, so we moved it to another oulet

it may be something similar here, ask her what bothers her, and how you can fix it

hope this helps

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Bad spirits aren't always an outline shape. They come in many different shapes and sizes. As a toddler I saw things in which I could clearly make out their texture and facial features.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am one that believes young children can see things that most adults can't. I have four children and as babies each and every one of them would react to something I could never see.
One minute they would be doing the usual baby things, paying attention to me holding a toy for them or simply cuddling and playing as you do as a parent, then all of a sudden their attention would be directed towards something around the ceiling area. I would always look to see what diverted their attention but never saw anything. They would fix their gaze on something and start smiling.
My youngest baby, 17mths old has been aware of something since he was about 3mths old. He not only smiles, but laughs at whatever it is he can see.
Unfortunately your child is scared by whatever she can see and I am sorry. It seems all you can do is comfort her as you have been, and perhaps there will be someone who can come along and give some advice on how to clear bad energy, or entities, whichever the case may be.
Sorry I can't be much help but I hope things get better for you.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

The purpose of the journal....shows a pattern ....of when and where these spirits show up....as for the rest of your questions.....it is a gift from the Heavens......how.........I open all doors and windows....and I go through every room in the house...pray and command them to leave with the aid of angels from heaven...and they leave.

I have been able to see into the spirit world since I was a young girl.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

I am not talking about evil ghosts.....but pure evil spirits in their spiritual form.

I am reminding everyone...that this thread is about helping (Michael) the author of this thread....regarding his daughter. So...therefore I will not answer any more questions...unless Michael asks them...thanks.

edit on 4-9-2011 by caladonea because: correction

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join