It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd website to go along with Apollo 18 (www.LunarTruth.com)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hello Friends
I went to see it last night at Cineplex and thoroughly enjoyed it!

I think the main reason the film has been trashed is relative to the age groups that are going to see the movie...lets face it If you didn't grow up in the space race...and just went to see it you'd probably find it hard going.

Imagine a 16-24 yr old going to see it?....then you'll probably understand as this is the generation that watches films like 'saw'..more gore and extremes and no storyline.

To quote something I've already posted- someone asked (in this age group) that if all the shuttles landed on the moon they must have had similar experience...er 'No the shuttles didn't go to the moon they went to fuel and work on the ISS and make repairs'
Whats ISS?
What's a LM (Lunar Module)?
Well how could 3 astronauts land on the moon and get back?
Er 'No two landed on the moon and the other one circled the moon in a rocket'
Oh so how did the two astronauts get back?
Er they rendevouzed with the rocket?
Well how did they do that?

So now you know why this movie isn't thrilling enough, or have any relevance to the audience it's trying to attract
As for lunartruth being 'down due to violation or whatever...it's probably a publicity stunt to get people to watch the movie.
I think the film should come with a warning about flash photography particularly on the big screen due to people having flash epilepsy.
I liked the combination of old and new footage plus the 'Blair Witch' approach . My only criticism at times was the quick panning..of the cameras..which could be slightly annoying...However I tought it was agreat film, brave attempt but will prob only attract a certain age group or interest from people who believe in extra terrestrials, UFO's etc...It aint gonna win any awards unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I didn't hate the movie, but my biggest gripe, is the story is unbelievable. I mean, if the moon is occupied by what we see and they do what they do, then why didn't the previous missions have this same encounter? That doesn't make sense. Unless, they said the previous missions were faked, and then finally they made it, but that's not the story. It's as if they go to the Moon, after having gone over 15 times already, but then all of a sudden, the moon is occupied with Ghidorah the Three-headed Monsters. It's just nonsensical.
They should have made a real movie based on the Apollo 20 mission.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Apollo 20 will be next I am sure as I have seen 'spoof' wideo on you tube...However what I DID find interesting with Apollo 18 was the clarity of surface moon pictures...( and I am conradicting myself here) So what were they trying to portray in the film?...yes the moon landings can be faked?...look what we did in the studio?....very clear pics at points...so is there also a sublime message here?..that's the controversy that gets you thinking...the CLARITY of the surface pics...added to the film in studio,.... fake or orginal?...That's what the film set out to do....confuse you...and I bet Nasa has something to do with it....too

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ps previous missions possibly wouldn't have the encounter because of the landing spots...alledgedly, supposedly...whatever you wish to believe...if it's remotely true.......

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So it took me about a week of trying to finally get onto the website. They removed the supposed 100 hours of footage that used to be on the site but there are images of "classified top secret documents" still up. Anyone can tatter up a paper that they disguised as a government file and scan the image onto their computer so instead of looking at pictures and trying to figure out how to watch videos that weren't there I just read everything they had on the site. Surprisingly a lot of it made sense and even lined up with some history starting from I believe it was '48 to '75 or something. Anyway, I don't believe that it was anything too much like the movie but I do believe that there is definitely something else out there and there is definitely a possibility that any of the apollo missions could have run into a extraterrestrial life force in their time in space and on the moon.
. . . . . . Although I do sometimes think that the government may have removed the footage from the site but left the site still running so that people would ultimately assume that they created the site just for the movie and marketing and all that. As if they want to keep it as questionable as possible. I mean, if man discovered extraterrestrial life don't you think a lot of the world would somewhat go mad leading to anarchy? Once man discovers life in space they will begin to question their own existance and be unsure of their place in the universe. not everybody can handle the idea of alien life forces. And surely the government doesn't want to lose control of the people.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to: Reaper2137 I did try to access the website as well but to no avail. Seems a little odd to me.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: American2017

The thread was posted over 8 years ago. The website is probably no longer there.
edit on 12/25/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join