It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's nuclear plant connects to electric grid, the country says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Iran's nuclear plant connects to electric grid, the country says

www.cnn.com

Iran says its Bushehr nuclear power plant is now online, making it the first Middle Eastern country to produce commercial electricity from atomic reactors.
The Bushehr plant joined the grid Saturday night with a capacity of 60 megawatts, the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran announced.
The plant is expected to produce 1,000 megawatts of electricity when fully operational, about 2.5 percent of Iran's current electricity consumption
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
And in the most current Iran news..
They have connected their nuclear reactor to their electric grid and it is producing electricity.
Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal at all, since America has probably done this like a zillion times. But, with Iran being the only country in the middle east with a nuclear power plant, Israel might want to teach them all a lesson and launch a pre-emptive war.
Ok, ok, so we already know that Israel is going to strike sometime, but this makes the date closer.

The amount of carnage an attack on Iran would create remains to be seen, but surely my silver and gold would skyrocket. With all the pure chaos going on, those nasty space aliens that torture me night and day might even have to do a rethink...

For me a strike on Iran is all good. How about for you?

www.cnn.com
edit on 4-9-2011 by MegaCurious because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No, a strike from Israel isn't good at all.
I don't see any problem with them having this power source. If Israel strikes first I saw we leave them to it and cut off aid. Also if they strike a nuclear facility they could very well cause another Fukushima.

I think we should actually try to extend a peaceful arm here and off a bid on the contract to remove and store their nuclear waste (that is what we don't want lying around to be sold or hijacked by terrorists from outside the country.
That stuff is expensive to get rid of. If we hadn't made them detest the idea of us maybe we could keep everyone safer.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I don't worry about Iran developing nukes at all, I just worry that we now have another nuclear power plant on this planet. I wish Iran would have invested in some form of alternative power like solar.

Oh, and Israel will not openly strike Iran, but I wouldn't be foolish enough to think they won't do everything in their power to get rid of this nuclear plant. Israel just needs to back off. They are more trouble than they are worth. Leave Iran alone or it'll be their fault WW3 erupts. Israel is already guilty of assassinating Iran's nuclear scientists.

And to think, there is a thread on this site that claims Israel wants peace and it's the Arabs who want war. Couldn't be more wrong.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hopefully they're smart enough to construct a plant capable of withstanding sizable earthquakes...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

I just dont understand why someone would think like this?!?!

What has Iran done to warrant a pre-emptive strike from any country? They have not done any thing close to the atrocities of the west, Israel included.

Good for Iran, if they want nuclear power I do not have a problem with it unless every country decides to abandon nuclear power. If you think that is all good what would be wrong with Iran striking Dimona?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SeleneLux

yeah done nothing .. being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of US soldiers and civilians is nothing ??
funding , training and equiping the taliban and alqaida members in iraq and afghanstan is nothing?/
many of the IOD's are being made from explosive materials and shells from iran , many of the firearms of the islamist terrorist are coming from iran but yeah let say they have done nothing and the deaths of militair and civilian personel in the region a mentioned are only being killed by a box of soap .. because it would be just as wrong a claim as iran medling in iraq , afghanistan and supporting rebels across the middle east for the kalifat to be forfilth with iran as its supreme leading body.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
1. Iran signed the NPT, they have every right to peacefully use nuclear power and that is what they are doing.

2. Israel didn't sign that treaty and they have nuclear weapons. Does that mean Iran can have nuclear weapons if the leave that treaty?

3. There is NO proof that Iran is developing nuclear weapons. It is pure speculation and war mongering and people falling for that are lets say it nice - not very clever. It is the same people that still believe Iraq had WMDs.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
1. Iran signed the NPT, they have every right to peacefully use nuclear power and that is what they are doing.

2. Israel didn't sign that treaty and they have nuclear weapons. Does that mean Iran can have nuclear weapons if the leave that treaty?

3. There is NO proof that Iran is developing nuclear weapons. It is pure speculation and war mongering and people falling for that are lets say it nice - not very clever. It is the same people that still believe Iraq had WMDs.

1.it doesnt matter if they signed or not,they cant use nuklear energy simply because Izrael dont want them to use it.

2.Izrael dont need to sign anything they have all rights.Simply they just say word antisemitist and u must do what they say.

3. Izrael dont need proofs to nuke Iran(or anybody else).

4. When nations of the world understand who Izrael is(what will never happen because there "was" holocaust) than maybe Earth will prosper in a good way. Until than we all F#&%/(

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

yeah done nothing .. being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of US soldiers and civilians is nothing ??

not proven.

funding , training and equiping the taliban and alqaida members in iraq and afghanstan is nothing?

the cia did this aswell.

many of the IOD's are being made from explosive materials and shells from iran , many of the firearms of the islamist terrorist are coming from iran but yeah let say they have done nothing and the deaths of militair and civilian personel in the region a mentioned are only being killed by a box of soap .. because it would be just as wrong a claim as iran medling in iraq , afghanistan and supporting rebels across the middle east for the kalifat to be forfilth with iran as its supreme leading body.

There is absolutely no proof of any of this and actually most of the firearms were given to the 'terrorists' by the cia in the 80s when they created groups like alquada. Your statement also has nothing to do with Iran using nucular power and it seems like a strawman more than anything else.

Sorry I dont drink random men in caves derka derka kool aid.
edit on 4-9-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

What a foolish and ignorant thing to say.

If anyone should have a preemptive strike on them ,it should be Israel ,there the ones with illegal Nukes pointing at every western country.

There the ones antagonizing the middle east.

There the ones not man enough or mature enough to apologize to Turkey ,when clearly they are in the wrong AGAIN.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
Hopefully they're smart enough to construct a plant capable of withstanding sizable earthquakes...

Did you know the Fukishima plant was constructed by an American company?

edit on 4-9-2011 by OwenGP185 because: I mean designed obviously it wasnt built in the US.

edit on 4-9-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Originally posted by Americanist

Did you know the Fukishima plant was constructed by an American company?

edit on 4-9-2011 by OwenGP185 because: I mean designed obviously it wasnt built in the US.

edit on 4-9-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

Yup, it's a good thing to learn from our mistakes because in the case of heavily radioactive material... There's little margin for error.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeleneLux

I just dont understand why someone would think like this?!?!

I just don't understand why people keep misinterpreting what I said.
I didn't say that a strike on Iran was a good thing. Of course it's a bad thing when you kill your fellow humans to order. What I did say was that "for me a strike on Iran is all good", where when you combine that with what I said previously means that for me there just might be some benefits to it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

...for me there just might be some benefits to it.

What exactly is that benefit? World War III? And what would be the reason for such an attack?
edit on 4-9-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

What is wrong with people ? what do you u think a strike is ? video game ? and you a member 4 years on ATS ....you are sick

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good

No evidence they are making nuclear weapons, and haven't used any. The USA has nuclear weapons, has used them, and the government culture is very belligerent.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
time to blow those reactors into the sky!!! if noone does anyhing about irans secret nuclear agenda america and israel are going to be hurting,,,, irans president has said nemerouse times that america and europe an israel have to burn to reveal his mahdi,,, this twelth imam... crazy fool who dabbles with jinns

he may be the antichrist? what do you think?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wow how things have changed. THis is a game changer. now what is going to happen? How come this isn't on any media. and also this launched during 9/11 memorial, how strange. a good time to unite the people and kill iran. sadly

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

And in the most current Iran news..
They have connected their nuclear reactor to their electric grid and it is producing electricity.
Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal at all,

since America has probably done this like a zillion times.
But, with Iran being the only country in the middle east with a nuclear power plant, Israel might want to teach them all a lesson and launch a pre-emptive war.
Ok, ok, so we already know that Israel is going to strike sometime, but this makes the date closer.

The amount of carnage an attack on Iran would create remains to be seen, but surely my silver and gold would skyrocket. With all the pure chaos going on, those nasty space aliens that torture me night and day might even have to do a rethink...

www.cnn.com

OP you might want to rewrite this and start with "a few hundred

since America has probably done this like a zillion times
Attack is good?

Tell me, how many lives have you taken ,,,and lets hear about the nightmares you have and how the experiences haunt you when you close your eyes....
edit on 5-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join