It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party bulling its way into 2012 GOP race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
MSM at it again, looks like the Marxist media is trying to tar every Republican with the same brush? Here is the source.

news.yahoo.com...

Get ready for the Communist propaganda machine to kick into overdrive for this election, they have a lot to lose and their track record sucks to say the least.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Are you posting in the Russian Forum

What is it with all you guys rehashing the Communist Threat these days?
That is so 1954 or 1961 or 2009

Again

The TEA PARTY is a rebranding effort, so that the GOP can separate itself from the disastrous
results they yielded in 2008.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Actually the Tea Party is completely well intentioned and not a government institution but rather a political awakening of the average American citizen. The Republican Party is attempting to latch on to its success since the Tea Party is large in numbers and remains closer ideologically to the Republican Party. Establishment Republican's and Neo-Con's who claim to represent the Tea Party should obviously be approached cautiously but the Tea Party itself is a great thing regardless of how the Left or the Right attempt to shape it.

This is a reply to Janky btw, I agree with you OP.
edit on 4-9-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The tea party is not what it seems, thankfully I research their true nature before I became too happy with them, I actually believe the tea party was all for the people sadly it stated like that but soon enough was taken by private interest agendas.

The Tea party has gotten too big so it needs big money to thrive, with big money comes commitments and specific agendas.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
When the Tea Party first started up I was VERY excited about them. Being a conservative that isn't anal about it I found them to be reasonable and rational, and very patriotic in a way we have been needing a group to be for a very long long time!

History is a huge topic of interest to me and while I am no expert by any means I can recognize patterns when I see them, and sadly...they don't say history repeats itself for nothing!

I think what really gave me pause to wonder about the Tea Party was a quote I saw, can't remember who to give the credit to now but this is it:

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag carrying a cross.

That got me to thinking really hard.....

Anyone keeping up with the Tea Party has pretty much seen other groups trying to gain their support or take them over, absorbing the name but keeping their own agenda.

The way I see our current events of the day is this administration has shoved this country rather abruptly and rudely to the left in a way that not only made folks angry but scared them. The 2010 elections reflected that. What worries me about all this is if we continue going to the left of center at this pace, especially if something significantly negative is the result of this shoving by a government not listening to the majority of The People.

In the right set of circumstances by the time we get to the next election cycle it could VERY possibly be that people are soooooooooo mad and sooooooooooooo freaked out there is an intense and or severe push BACK that takes us too far to the right.

My father was not an educated man but he certainly seemed to understand government and politics. He use to say when the country goes too far left we get welfare and communistic features. When we swing too far right we get warfare and fascist features. I have noted in my reading of history this seems quite true.

We need both sides to strike a centerish balance. With the average Joe being very sympathetic to the Tea Party and the basic grassroots of it and the simple philosophy, along with the red, white and blue and goofy costumes at times....they are a PRIME target for a coup if you will.

I think it would be a crying shame for that to happen but I think it is quite possible with the proper set of circumstances. I also worry about some far left group committing some horrible act making it appear the actions of the Tea Party to discredit the sincerity of the movement.

The fact that calling them racists didn't seem to destroy or discourage them is (I believe, but only my opinion) is the reason for all this amped up intensity against them and instead of flinging the race card continually at them we have graduated to the word terrorist replacing it. That scares the hell out of me! Every movement needs an arch enemy and to the left the Tea Party is certainly the scapegoat

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I believe the Tea Party started out with good intentionnot unlike Ron Paul movement,now with influx of money and becomming main stream notice how the media gives them ample coverage,and now they have a complete fool as a presidential hopeful,I think the voting system is a joke,they only let those who they want in office,with someone in control of counting votes,could we see copys of the actual voting? no because they are now computer generated,who knows what happens when you vote,need to create a paper trail

join