It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Coast to the West Coast of The US, 7 Earthquakes along 37 degrees N.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
When comparing 2011 to prior years, is APPEARS that the unusual clustering of worldwide northern hemisphere earthquakes (>5.0) near 37.5 degrees latitude COULD be significant. Much more research is needed to understand these charts.

Link to PNG image:
Comparison of 2011 EQ Latitude Distribution to Prior Years

I am personally not aware of any widely accepted theory that could explain these results except the null theory; a chance statistical coincidence. And considering that the 2011 data set contained 1135 members (i.e. 1135 Worldwide Northern Hemisphere EQ's > 5.0) it is HIGHLY unlikely that these unusual distributions are the result of random statistical chance.

Wow, a real scientific mystery!! More data showing that something unusual COULD BE going on here on Earth!!

Best regards,
Z
edit on 9/4/2011 by DrZrD because: Improved image quality

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I used cautious words in my earlier posts (i.e. APPEARS and COULD BE, etc.) for a good reason, the data set may very well have a simple explanation. A hidden assumption when using histograms to describe a data set is that the individual population(s) must be quasi-normally distributed. For 2011 this assumption is violated by the extreme number of intense earthquakes at one single point on earth; that is, off the Japanese coast.

The 2011 Japan mega-quake, and any similar quakes that occurred in prior years, must be purged from each data set before histograms can be used to show any specific latitude dominance. Without this correction a single mega event will skew that data as my charts have shown. IMO, something is going on but the effect is much smaller than a simple analysis would predict.

It seems that flaws in thinking remain hidden until publication. Stay tuned for a re-examination of the data.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

Yes.
A single large event, and its subsequent aftershocks, causes problems with such a simple analysis

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Take a lookbat the rest of the world. It's a very common occurrence.

I think it's been that way. Just like the circle of fire. Let's post new info, not the stuff that has been happening for centuries. Look at Greece and turkey. They are in the same latitude and have had earthquakes for ever.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZrD
reply to post by Violater1
When comparing 2011 to prior years, is APPEARS that the unusual clustering of worldwide northern hemisphere earthquakes (>5.0) near 37.5 degrees latitude COULD be significant. Much more research is needed to understand these charts.

Link to PNG image:
Comparison of 2011 EQ Latitude Distribution to Prior Years

I am personally not aware of any widely accepted theory that could explain these results except the null theory; a chance statistical coincidence. And considering that the 2011 data set contained 1135 members (i.e. 1135 Worldwide Northern Hemisphere EQ's > 5.0) it is HIGHLY unlikely that these unusual distributions are the result of random statistical chance.

Wow, a real scientific mystery!! More data showing that something unusual COULD BE going on here on Earth!!

Best regards,
Z
edit on 9/4/2011 by DrZrD because: Improved image quality

Your new information regarding the 37th degree latitude does make me wonder what's going on. Thank you for your contribution.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

Amen !

Nicely Put.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

cheers and a star for your effort.
since i am one of the one's insisting SOMEthing is going on here ... thank you and thank you very muchz for the effort. I just don't have the time.

you guys can tear apart this analogy but since i'm no scientist, it makes sense to me.
i'm thinking of it (latitude correlation) in the terms of a bouncing ball or a persistent dribble, if you will imagine such.

the 37th could be equal to the part of a ball that 'squishes' when impacted by force (whether the palm of your hand or the ground in this analogy).
Currently in 2011, the Earth is being bombarded with new celestial and solar events (alignments, gravitational push/pull, solar flares, etc) along with increased water flows, fluid injections and precipitation creation (see AbuDhabi desert thunderstorms), a recognized polar shift and a planetary alignment not seen in hundreds of years ... all of this together and it would seem as though the 'ball' or Earth is being dribbled consistently and at a high rate of speed ... and given that, any solid surface (even paint on a ball) is bound to crack, eventually.

with all that has been happening, i'm watching Utah/Nevada for the next substantial rattle in this particular region.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
And another 3.1 again at the Colorado, NM border.
It does make me wonder if the USAF is digging tunnels. This was only 0 .9 miles deep.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
These two today.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Another quake hits Virginia with a mag 3.1.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

well..... a few iconic predictions say that the USA...will be split 'In Half'

maybe the the 'half' will not be East & West on the Mississippi dividing line !

maybe the dividing line of 2 Americas' will be the 37th parallel as indicated on the map with 'arrows'

just a thought

let me sign off before i get another virus attack,,... considering
edit on 3-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

They tried that in 1861. But the line was a little bit north of 37º.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Heres 2 around 3.1 M that just happened in USA around 37N (March 24-25, 2012), one in the west and one in the east:

VA 37N:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

UTAH 39N

earthquake.usgs.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join