It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Coast to the West Coast of The US, 7 Earthquakes along 37 degrees N.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I know, I know, before the flame throwers light their torches, and say that “earthquakes happen all the time”, or “this belongs in that forum”, I found it unusual that these EQ’s go from East coast to West coast.

My first example is in the Magnitude 2.1 in VIRGINIA. It is 3.6 miles deep. Here is the link.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Next I present the Magnitude 1.6 - SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI. The depth is 4.3 miles. earthquake.usgs.gov...
Then there is another Earthquake in SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI, about 70 miles away, that is a Magnitude 2.4
earthquake.usgs.gov...
A few states over in Colorado, happens to another 37th degree earthquake of a magnitude 2.7 at a depth of 3.1 miles.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Continuing along the 37th degree latitude, we find the next Earthquake, a 2.6, in Utah, earthquake.usgs.gov...
And another in Nevada, a 2.1 at 6.6 miles deep. earthquake.usgs.gov...
Finally, on the west coast of The US, we find another 37 degree latitude earthquake, just outside of San Jose California, a 1.9 at a depth of 3.4 miles. earthquake.usgs.gov...
Mind you, I did not include the prior 5.9 that was near Washington D.C. nor the 5.1 in southern Colorado that were also at the 37th degree. Ninety percent of these earthquakes have happened within the last 48 hours.
Coincidence?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You can also add in there Fukushima

MAP 4.5 2011/09/04 06:53:34 37.391 142.177 35.4 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
They follow an ancient plate fault line. Earth is moving in different ways at present. There are contributing forces being exerted on our planet and like a broken egg shell it does want to move it is moving and it is going to move a lot more. You will find and see governments and particularly the US government is preparing for an event to come... Stay sharp !!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am so glad that you posted this. I had pointed this out to my husband myself but he didn't think it was anything odd. At least someone else found it to be weird besides me!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
They follow an ancient plate fault line.

Wow

I didn't know this

Could you please provide a link?
Thank you for your contribution

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There seem to be a lot more earthquakes off the 37th parallel than on it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There seem to be a lot more earthquakes off the 37th parallel than on it.

True.
But how many follow the 37th latitude, that stretch from coast to coast?

edit on 4-9-2011 by Violater1 because: I feel an old Jedi mind trick coming on

edit on 4-9-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's a global phenomenon. You'll see earthquake activity has spiked this year all around the world between the 36th and 38th region. Nah! Elenin? Nibiru, CW Leonis? Nah!
edit on 4-9-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I guess that depends on how loose you want to be with defining 37º.

Out of 59 listed earthquakes (3+) there are 3 which are within 2º of 37º and two of them were in California.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 9/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I guess that depends on how loose you want to be with defining 37º.

Out of 59 listed earthquakes (3+) there are 3 which are within 2º of 37º and two of them were in California.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 9/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Thank you Phage. But I'll just stay with the ones that are listed by the USGS that are along the USGS's reported 37th degree latitude.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Oh jeez, the loonies are at it again :rolleyes:
Man ATS is a dump now, I feel like my brain gets dumber everyday I log on. No wonder I don't like going on here anymore.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Oh wow, here we go another loony denying scientific evidence to further their beliefs.
If there were 3 earthquakes on the 37 degree N. out of 59 earthquakes, THEN THERE'S NOTHING TO BE SEEN. if It was a ratio of 49:59 then damn maybe that would be something.
ATS is a dump full of no scientifical thinking

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
For those who are up to date on all of the most,
recent,
develpments.

I propose a Theory:
-------------------------
Please ,, find fault/debunk/and tear too pieces.

Plutonomium and other Assorted Metals:
Plutonomium:
a unique element in exhibiting six different crystallographic phases at ambient pressure,*
** (it has a seventh phase under pressure).
Hottest being:
The temperature of corium can be as high as 2400 °C in the first hours after the meltdown and can reach over 2800 °C. A high amount of heat can be released by reaction of metals (particularly zirconium) in corium with water.
------------------------

Important too my Theory:

2,800 degrees Celsius = 5,072 degrees Fahrenheit.

-----
Now we all know its presently working its way to the core of the planet,, not past Mantle yet,, due too pressure , is my theory,,(**see above).
Now add in earth wobble/rotation/centrifical Force etc,, on mass,,

Is the planet goint too look like swiss cheese,, before the ,,5,072 degrees Fahrenheit.,, material,,cools down?.

In conclusion,,
were ,,,well ATS policy wont allow the next word, ,,it's not ducked.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

So, finding something to be odd makes me a looney? Are you posting something similar on every post on this website? Because alot of the posts here are about odd occurences.

There is scientific evidence that earthquakes have increased in recent years. They are also discovering faults that they did not know about.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
edit on 4-9-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: useless

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Scientific evidence it has increased?
We've only been studying earthquakes for the last hundred years, the earth has been around for billions, lulz it could just be norrmal.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I also thought there was nothing too all this 37 degrees latitude "crazy talk" until I saw the histogram below for all northern hemisphere earthquakes above 5.0 this calendar year. The chart below shows the EQ latitude distribution divided into 2.5 degree latitude bins for all 1135 EQ's equal to or greater than 5.0 between 90 and 0 degrees latitude in calendar year 2011. Earthquake data was obtained in comma delimited format from the USGS Database. Subsequent data analysis was completed in Excel 2007.

Since January 1, 2011 until today, out of 1135 northern hemisphere earthquakes above 5.0 an astounding 746 occurred within plus or minus 2.5 degrees of 37.5 degrees latitude. A darn interesting result (and unexpected) that should be treated with caution until it is shown to be significant. It is entirely possible that other time periods may show similar favoritism for a particular latitude range. Prior years must be tested before the events of 2011 can be treated as significant.

Best regards,
Z
edit on 9/4/2011 by DrZrD because: Added histogram bin size and database source link to post

edit on 9/4/2011 by DrZrD because: grammar, grammar, grammar

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZrD
reply to post by Phage

I also thought there was nothing too all this 37 degrees latitude "crazy talk" until I saw the histogram below for all northern hemisphere earthquakes above 5.0 this calendar year. The chart below shows the EQ latitude distribution divided into 2.5 degree latitude bins for all 1135 EQ's equal to or greater than 5.0 between 90 and 0 degrees latitude in calendar year 2011. Earthquake data was obtained in comma delimited format from the USGS Database. Subsequent data analysis was completed in Excel 2007.

Since January 1, 2011 until today, out of 1135 northern hemisphere earthquakes above 5.0 an astounding 746 occurred within plus or minus 2.5 degrees of 37.5 degrees latitude. A darn interesting result (and unexpected) that should be treated with caution until it is shown to be significant. It is entirely possible that other time periods may show similar favoritism for a particular latitude range. Prior years must be tested before the events of 2011 can be treated as significant.

Best regards,
Z
edit on 9/4/2011 by DrZrD because: Added histogram bin size and database source link to post

edit on 9/4/2011 by DrZrD because: grammar, grammar, grammar

Thank you DrZrd

Once again, ATS members deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The map you see is flat which of course the planet is not.

Instead of looking laterally look in a direction that follows the curve of the earth and natural elements that were created by the earths dynamics.

Mountain ranges,rivers,seaways etc. are all evidence of the natural earth dynamics.in motion.

I too look at the location of quakes but I see things different.

I watch the mountain ranges on the west coast particularly in Calif. and how the quakes migrate along them.
On the east coast I watch for quakes along the Allegheny,Pocono and the Appalachian mountain ranges.

The Rockies are also of interest and Utah and Nevada.

Look at the depth of the quakes and if it is in the crust of the earth or the mantle.

Earthquakes are the result of energy built up and then released in a certain place.

When ever you see or here of a quake in a certain point in the earth watch where the next one happens.

With this program you will understand that there is a pattern and they are not just random events happening around the globe.

Download this program it is free and install it.

This is a sample of the program I made and uploaded to YouTube.

Even the USGS event site that reports when a quake happens and then is deleted later on after review by a seismologist does not tell the whole truth.

Quakes caused by magma movement under the earth are not considered earthquakes.

Spend sometime studying rotational dynamics and torque dynamics and how it relates to a spinning globe which what this planet is.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamJustanAmerican

The map you see is flat which of course the planet is not.

Instead of looking laterally look in a direction that follows the curve of the earth and natural elements that were created by the earths dynamics.

Mountain ranges,rivers,seaways etc. are all evidence of the natural earth dynamics.in motion.

I too look at the location of quakes but I see things different.

I watch the mountain ranges on the west coast particularly in Calif. and how the quakes migrate along them.
On the east coast I watch for quakes along the Allegheny,Pocono and the Appalachian mountain ranges.

The Rockies are also of interest and Utah and Nevada.

Look at the depth of the quakes and if it is in the crust of the earth or the mantle.

Earthquakes are the result of energy built up and then released in a certain place.

When ever you see or here of a quake in a certain point in the earth watch where the next one happens.

With this program you will understand that there is a pattern and they are not just random events happening around the globe.

Download this program it is free and install it.

This is a sample of the program I made and uploaded to YouTube.

Even the USGS event site that reports when a quake happens and then is deleted later on after review by a seismologist does not tell the whole truth.

Quakes caused by magma movement under the earth are not considered earthquakes.

Spend sometime studying rotational dynamics and torque dynamics and how it relates to a spinning globe which what this planet is.

Is that your youtube presentation?
That very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join