It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Asteroids Group Incoming with YU55 This is Massive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I'd play Phage at Chess because apparently he only plays 'draughts'..........

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think it little of both
we are finding more because of better & more equipment looking out

but i think that their are increase in incoming one also

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Here is a good little video for you to enjoy.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Am i the only one who sees this, compared to the beginning of the video and the ending , why is there more red dots? what is the red dots? They went to a few in the beginning to thousands all around. WHATS going on here? If the red dots are more asteroids, well then we are certainly f#. Why are they increasing, whats going on here?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Have you researched comet elenin a all? i suggest it... comet elenin will come by us way before the others? at least thats what ive read through research

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

It's a progressive discovery video, you know, when detection methods advanced and they sort of color things in orbit to let you see which are in the main asteroid belt and which aren't. It is approved for grade school children to understand.

Hint, there are flying objects around us not entirely beyond earth orbit, it's kind of been that way since the sun became to be. The population of such bodies has actually reduced since we came about. We now can just see and detect more, and a lot smaller than a softball, which is extraordinary we can detect such menial objects near earth today.

I didn't mean to be offensive in reply.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
That video is enough to frighten anybody.
It looks like pea soup towards the end!
Amazing that Pluto & the outer planets still exist! ; )

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

YU55 is a big enough threat as it is, when it dives into the ocean it is going to cause a pretty big tsunami. It doesn't need to be part of a group of asteroids for it to be a threat.

st.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
ZIPMATT,

There is no evidence to suggest that 2005 YU55 is the largest member of a swarm of asteroids. Since every other asteroid that has passed close to Earth has been either a single object or a binary pair (two rocks orbiting a common centre of gravity), there is no reason to believe that 2005 YU55 will be any different.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Nice post. Makes you realize how important it's to have a near-earth detection system.

Which makes me wonder. Tonguska was supposed to be an asteroid that exploded above ground somewhere in siberia? That was 1902-19013 time frame? About 100 years ago? What happened before that? What happened between 1000AD - 1900AD? Do we have any records of impacting small asteroids in that time period?

I wonder if we will get hit and then our near-earth asteroid detection system will be as good as our weather forecasting system. It seems that would give us the incentive to do so.

How big does an asteroid have to be to pose a threat? Is there an estimate of the number of asteroids that reach this threat level that might be out there within striking range of earth?
edit on 5-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
so in fact there are more than just one asteroid travelling with yu55 , called the apollo group of asteroids. and what shocked me to find out, and the reason i produced this thread for you to read , is that there are asteroids out there that we never knew existed until days or hours before they hit, or travel past us. Such as MD 2011 on june 27th this year.

IS THE EARTH ALREADY WITHIN A GROUP OF ASTEROIDS CALLED THE APOLLO GROUP OF ASTEROIDS?

AND ARE ALL THE 'SMALLER' ONES GOING TO MISS US?

the bigger the asteroid, the more gravity and the more asteroids that stick to them.

this is how some planets are formed and so YU55 together with other apollo asteroids, is truly the biggest asteroid/cluster to come by us and who knows what it will attract or be attracted to in our proximity..

Luna?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join