It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Asteroids Group Incoming with YU55 This is Massive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
watch this video which has made the thread. i leave the rest original but at present stand corrected, as per the comments further below

note the timestamp on the video and the increase in activity or subsequent discoveries since 2005 in particular

the original thread is as follows;

What i have discovered today is by my estimation potentially very serious for all of us , and by searching i have not found evidence that ats or msm has covered these potential facts yet in any defined way. So hence a new thread.
i welcome intelligent definition from astronomers and am sure we will find i am wrong in some way.

Having observed and used the jpl diagram for comet elenin , i was introduced here on ats to the yu55 jpl diagram.
link yu55 is an asteroid with a very close call - 100 times closer than elenin.yu55 jpl orbit diagram

it shows that an asteroid described as huge being 400metres in diameter heading for the earth for a near miss on 8th to 9th of november this year 2011.. a near miss of abour 220 000km , or less than the orbit of the moon from the earth.

while searching on the estimated mass and composition etc through the web, of asteroid yu55 , i found several important questions to be answered. One notable comparison i made as a preambulation was regarding the object parameters given on the charts particularly M , or mass. elenin is 358 . 234 roughly and yu55 is 348.787 a similar figure anyway.

i questioned that if the nucleus is estimated 4km wide on elenin , and on yu55 400 metres then why the difference if the weight is the same? Answers were suggested by potential composition analysis asteroids are likely to contain metals , and not as presupposed, rock .

now what got me really thinking was the question , dont asteroids travel in groups? the asteroid belts is a more commonly known term that 'singular asteroid' lets say. link 3d diagram

3d diagram asteroid fields

you may have an idea where iam going with this. it took me a while of searching to find that yu55 is actually a part of the apollo group of asteroids , of which there is a list ; link wiki listlist of known apollo asteroids

so in fact there are more than just one asteroid travelling with yu55 , called the apollo group of asteroids. and what shocked me to find out, and the reason i produced this thread for you to read , is that there are asteroids out there that we never knew existed until days or hours before they hit, or travel past us. Such as MD 2011 on june 27th this year.

220 000 km near miss is a near miss of a large old flying object yu55. but how does a near miss of 8000 miles sound, a near miss of an asteroid more like 50metres accross, MD 2011md 2011 info

. the radio telescopes only spotted it incoming days or hours before it passed. and beleive it or not, i saw it. about 5pm gmt on 27th june, just as the article here states. It looked like a giant chemtrail of a seriously fast moving plane very very high up in the atmosphere. So , it scrapped past our world through our sky, casting a long shadow as it left its white line behind , right down into the horizon like no chemtrail i had ever seen. becasue it wasnt.one, it was an asteroid.. MD 2011 news article - telegraph

i beleive the sources i post here could make it just about official for us to say that earth has reached a perilous point in its travels through space . if you want to name the trouble we may very likely get it is not elenin , or yu55 , its called the apollo asteroid group. you cant link to a jpl of that. or can you ?md 2011 thread breaking alternative news 27th june 2011
not if you cannot see how many there are or how many smaller fragments are travelling in the belt , question answered?

this how far i have got. it is now up to you the users to do your thinking and take it further. i welcome all your comments or suggestions and suggest that we all remain calm , and gather our important possessions, just in case.

IF YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE BRIEFLY WHAT I AM SAYING IS

IS THE EARTH ALREADY WITHIN A GROUP OF ASTEROIDS CALLED THE APOLLO GROUP OF ASTEROIDS?

AND ARE ALL THE 'SMALLER' ONES GOING TO MISS US?

edit on 4-9-2011 by ZIPMATT because: spelling

edit on 4/9/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

edit on 4/9/11 by masqua because: Edited my goofy spelling

edit on 4-9-2011 by ZIPMATT because: edit to add video

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hey you know you are going to get all the knock backs in the world on this theory... But from one I thank you for the hard work and theory ! Will go investigating myself ! Stay sharp !

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You saw MD2011? Sorry, what ever you may have seen it was not MD2011. MD2011 passed the Earth at a distance of 11,000 miles. It did not enter Earth's atmosphere. It did not leave a trail. Unless you were in the southern hemisphere and were using a telescope you could not have seen it at all. If you had seen it it would have resembled a satellite.

Asteroids don't really travel in groups. The Apollo group isn't really traveling "with" YU55. The term applies to asteroids which have orbits inside the orbit of Mars. If you view the obits of a few of them it's obvious they are not traveling together.

edit on 9/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There are three classes of Near Earth asteroids. These are as follows....

AMOR (asteroids that stay entirely outside Earth's orbit, but have a perihelion between 1.017 and 1.3AU)
APOLLO (asteroids that cross Earth's orbit, and have orbital periods greater than 1 year)
ATEN (asteroids that cross Earth's orbit, and have orbital periods less than 1 year)

2005 YU55 is an Apollo asteroid. Unfortunately, the term "group" has fooled you into believing that all Apollo class asteroids hunt in a single, closely associated pack. That is NOT the case. They are all single asteroids, scattered around the inner Solar System on completely separate orbits.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

You do realise that they're not all grouped together don't you?

They're scattered all through the inner solar system.

Also, the Apollo's are just one 'group' of many..there are over 7000 known near earth asteroids.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK i understand what you have written, however though, i did see something that day which could have been an even smaller fragment?
also, we do not have a report on the actual path md2011 took, but a hasty prediction in the circumstances.
i will research further the apollo group ; i had assumed their relative positions would be near each other and travelling in inner circular orbits with or near yu55. thanks for this information.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Watch in full screen.

Asteroids are fun.

I wouldn't say we are in any more or less peril all things considered.

edit on 4-9-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

in my searches i tried to separate 'singular asteroid' from asteroid groups such as the belts which exist - link to 3d diagram in op
what i found was that very little reference to asteroids in the singular exists while the description of fragmenttion into groups or belts is common. as the op suggests there may be fragmentation of yu55 the observable original and we cant really map waht travels with it.

do we know where md2011 came from then? which group or belt?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A random selection from the Apollo list to show that they're all not together:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

wow that is an amazing video pazcat thank you . i would like to see where that was sourced and i will go and look if you dont tell me. as ever the date stamp says so much . thanks again
it is an real answer
i never knew mercury sped up and slowed down like that either ; like clockwork, amazing

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good to hear from you Phage... When asteroids travel together it is at the asteroid belt, however can a super nova influence multiple roids to travel out of the belt? Or a better question is would it be better said that asteroids have no facts just theory as to whether they fly alone or in packs. It would be a case by case basis. There is no set rule on asteroids so it is anyones guess. If we get hit I like the Apollo group, I mean if we gotta go let it at least have a cool name to it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

thanks for this it is comprehensive enough to see you are correct. except 1994cc they are at various relative positions.

with reference again to the video the recent dramatic increase since 2005 in the incursions of asteroids from the belt to the inner solar system explains what is happening in terms of asteroids other than the apollo group which have a stable pattern.

i would like information if possible from you astronomers please about the object parameter m mass which is near equal between yu55 and elenin whereas the diameter of that mass is 400metre vs 4kilometers. is it down to composition and if so what substances involved ? ie nickel etc

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Watch in full screen.

Asteroids are fun.

I wouldn't say we are in any more or less peril all things considered.

edit on 4-9-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

If that video is accurate then does anyone else see that there is a giant ring of asteroids/objects that is slowly closing in on the inner solar system and eventually the sun?

Anyone else worried about what will happen when the earth makes contact with the inner edge of this asteroid ring?

--GeminiSky

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
There are three classes of Near Earth asteroids. These are as follows....

AMOR (asteroids that stay entirely outside Earth's orbit, but have a perihelion between 1.017 and 1.3AU)
APOLLO (asteroids that cross Earth's orbit, and have orbital periods greater than 1 year)
ATEN (asteroids that cross Earth's orbit, and have orbital periods less than 1 year)

2005 YU55 is an Apollo asteroid. Unfortunately, the term "group" has fooled you into believing that all Apollo class asteroids hunt in a single, closely associated pack. That is NOT the case. They are all single asteroids, scattered around the inner Solar System on completely separate orbits.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

as per last paragraph could yu55 be a group with a large leader?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

with reference again to the video the recent dramatic increase since 2005 in the incursions of asteroids from the belt to the inner solar system explains what is happening in terms of asteroids other than the apollo group which have a stable pattern.

There is no reason to think there is any "incursion" but there certainly has been an increase in the asteroids which have been found. That probably has something to do with the fact that we are looking for them with better instruments and in a concerted effort.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

yes i am seeing that since 2005 on the chronometer at the side of the video . i noted the smooth orbit of earth helps it lide past and leave behind quite a few but if the trend of last 5 years carries on it could be sooner or later...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ZIPMATT

There is no reason to think there is any "incursion" but there certainly has been an increase in the asteroids which have been found. That probably has something to do with the fact that we are looking for them with better instruments and in a concerted effort.

it could be that the build up since 2005 is because more data has been added to the source over that time? but the video appears to show the same amount of objects but beginning to act in a different pattern, with more agitation, bringing us closer to the inneredge of the asteroid belt, or it closer to us..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
but the video appears to show the same amount of objects but beginning to act in a different pattern

You don't see the counter on the left side of the screen?
The number of discovered asteroids increases tremendously.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The space rock, called YU55, will hurtle past our planet at a distance of just 201,700 miles during its closest approach on November 8.
reply to post by Phage

i wouldnt to play you at chess phage
there is proably way more than that up there too, some of them wandering where they like.
can i trouble you has yu55 got any friends with it in your estimation ? becasue the earth has a moon and there is all that stuff up there we have to ask these questions. and please can you compare mass and diameter of elenin and yu55 ; what are the differences between them?
thanks

source daily mail 9/11/2011 asteroid fly by

That is closer to Earth than the moon, which orbits 238,857miles away on average.With a width of some 400metres and weighing 55million tons, YU55 will be the largest object to ever approach Earth so close.

edit on 4-9-2011 by ZIPMATT because: edit to add quotes and source

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Pretty video and interesting thoughts...actually a little scary because basically we are 'the duck' on the shooting gallery at the fair.!!!! We cannot really expect to be able to dodge a 'well aimed shot' and if we could then there would be another around the corner..

Enjoy life......(whilst it is still here) because there is nothing you or I can do about a big peice of rock if it wants to hit us........

Regards

PDUK

top topics

<<   2 >>

join