It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data Hoarding: How the truth will shine when TPTB kill the web

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Although I have no knowledge of any other internets, it only stands to reason that you are correct. Top secret information and military agendas, secret ops etc could not risk being hacked by JQpublic. It has occured to me that we the public could never guess the things that TPTB have at their disposal.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

You're right, that's exactly why there is a separate internet for high side (classified), so they can only be "hacked" if you have access to it. You cannot access it via our [unclassified] internet. All alphabet agencies have access to the high side net.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Do you know if this is the same thing as the "internet 2" that was developed for universities?

It's been several years since I heard anything about it, but recall that it's backbone was much more powerful than the regular internet, and it's stated primary use was to network supercomputers together around the world for scientific research, I think.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Yeah, I guess it could be the same thing. It's not hard to make another internet. It's just another line of connections, kinda like a LAN, only world wide.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Already started by downloading and saving every episode of TNA I can get my hands on. That and rare matches from the US, Mexico, Japan, Europe, Canada etc.

No but seriously, while I'm doing that, it's always been a good idea to save your stuff in backup form just in case. Learned that lesson when I had a website in 2005 and accidentally deleted it all from one host while another deleted it at the insistence of somebody else without even giving me as the owner a chance to put forth my case or save everything I had. Ended up losing everything from January-September 2005 with no way of being able to replace any of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Could TPTB shut the internet down ?? they could but they won't.like most of you have said they keep an eye on us with it.
I always said when the internet started getting popular it should have been regulated properly but it wasn't,it's to late now i feel.
if it was shut down i think it would be some kind of false flag attack somehow & in the down time they would implement something that monitors us more closely with us none the wiser once it came back up.
edit on 4-9-2011 by rhynouk because: adding bits

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The photocopier machine will be the choice tool of future terrorists.
Lookout brick walls, we're coming for you.

Good point OP, this is very well possible.
CDs are not very good storage for long term, they break down like magnetic tape does.
Paper may still be the best way to save valuable information.
ETA: Dead drops are also a great idea.

Come to think of it, too many people pay their bills online.
Shutting it down would instantly crash the economy.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ok,

I'm gonna make sure that I download all my Simpsons and Family Guy episodes. Just in case.

Oh, and all that other stuff like you said as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The book 1984 and has made me think this as well, about saving as much information, documents and videos and i agree with your thread thats its important to save as much of the truth as possible before it disappears.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

One way TPTB could kill the net or weaken it to the point it just faded away is to release a super virus onto the net. One that would get into every computer and just sit there until told to act. Once it got the trigger single it would kill the computer. I believe that there is a super doomsday computer made by TPTB and it is on computers around the world just waiting to act. In fact it could even be part of the OS that was put on the computer at the factory. Just think of it as a SELF-DESTRUCT built into your computer. The government is not going to give us something as powerful as the INTERNET without the ability to take if away from us at any time they want to. Do not be fooled they have a way to shut down the net anytime they want.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

why do you think ATS would not be shut down?

ATS may be a seed farm for fringe whackos for all we know, created with alphabet backing. i don't know the people that own & run this site. i don't know anyone that owns/runs a successful site and i've never met someone who claims to.

if one steps back and thinks about how certain threads (subjects/topics/contents) can grow legs undisturbed while others get yanked...just food for thought. i've seen enough in the short time i'm here to have personal regrets.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

you make a most excellent point. and even if we all ran on the cloud from boot linux disks so as to eliminate the possibility of pc/desktop infection, TPTB could already have forced manufacturers to include code making 'puters infected at factory level. yikes!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Multiple internets?

Next, you're going to tell me that the internet is a series of tubes.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terces_Pot_Evoba
So many of you know that there is an alternate internet (actually several). This is perhaps why Bush may have referred to the internet as "the internets."

Feel free to rip me a new one, and to tell me the inaccuracies in my post, but my point is just to protect the information and ideas you feel are important to you, and you feel should be spread if there was no internet tomorrow.

Peace

Gosh, it's internetz. Why does no one get it right? I don't know what this "internet" is. The president got the pronunciation right, however, not the spelling.

P.S. I would print everything you want documented. The dark internetz won't be any good if there's no power...
TPTB control 99% of the energy supply.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join