It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey to sign strategic alliance with Egypt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
maybe the USA will send Tony Blair to mediate the crisis.

both side will laugh themselves silly over the idea of having to deal with Blair.

and learn that talking to each other would be preferable to listening to Western clowns.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

well we have been seeing this pattern.

The Egypt - Israel relations faltered ALL OF A SUDDEN when a "revolution" puts their treaties in jeopardy.

Qaddafi was a friend of the west until ALL OF A SUDDEN they decide to hate him.

Israel and Turkey were long time "friends" until ALL OF A SUDDEN Turkey changes their minds.

Palestine not so ALL OF A SUDDEN is asking the U.N. for recognition.

ALL OF A SUDDEN Palestine has more vocal supporters.

There's been a few other smaller ALL OF A SUDDEN's also.

What if ALL OF A SUDDEN more of Israel's "friends" decide to ALL OF A SUDDEN change their minds ?

TPTB are getting hungry

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Jepic

Some think tanks see Turkey in ten years having an imperialist renaissance, a new Turkish empire dominating the Middle East from the Suez, to Mecca, and the Persian Gulf. If Israel and Iran neutralize each other we could easily see a scenario like that.

good point.

Turkey is the only Muslim NATO member.

could be that "the plan" is to use Turkey as the "gatekeeper".

The region's economy is set to greatly expand soon, all under central bank control.

AND, the "silence of the Saudis" is loud and clear.

Byzantine II perhaps ?

The silence of the Saudis in deafeningly loud.

Have you noticed the atrocities in Bahrain have fallen off of the map too?

Where would they fit in this quandry?

I believe they would ally with turkey and Egypt against Israel, which the U.S. would not like at all. The U.S. would then pull all funding and support from Saudi Arabia. Iran would see this as a great opportunity to challenge the Sauds because big brother America will no longer help them.

This is my key prediction:

The U.S. will drop out of NATO (because it will not agree with Turkeys actions toward Israel and Palistine), and with it the majority of the funding will be gone. NATO will then collapse, leaving turkey with little support. as all defense treaties signed by NATO will be void.

After that, its anyones guess as to what will happen. Maybe a new type of NATO will arise.

Dies anyone think that is a possibility?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think israle is quite happy to have the syrians in termiol for the next 10-15 year with
a slow grinding civil war. keeps one boader less stressfull
the turkish used to occupy that teritory before ww1 in the ottoman empire, as it's still
a rich land i dobt they would have a problem putting their boots on the ground
and as they are a part of NATO they would get airsupport over their opperation
even if the Iranians enter, they would get their hands whacked when they put it in the
cookie jar. UK and US could also bomb the crap out of the iranian nuclear facility.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Keep in mind the Gulf States are monarchies and they are willing to cooperate with Israel against Iran.

They won't be so quick to help the republics of Egypt or Turkey. In the long term they are more worried about Turkey and Iran than Israel. Unlike Israel, Iran and Turkey have the resources and assets to dominate the Middle East in the future, something the Gulf States do not want at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have read many comments regarding egypt, turkey and israel and i am sure many are immature and childish which is the minimum least to say in diplomatic language. I dont think egypt and turkey can afford to go to a distance of war.. Israel also cannot go and definitely a middle ground will be reached. The big brother USA which off course is rather a chained slave of israel will come in wage its tail to israels tune but this time it might be i hope diffirent. It might do not entirely what israel wants it to do. Israel might have to swallon a bitter pill if not the current govt but may be the israeli people might force its govt to apologize to turkey and egypt simply to divert the attention from turkey and egypt and go on with baby and women killing in palestinian lands. Also one more thing with respect to turkey may be the military might intervene and over through this govt in turkey to keep turkey as a state intact in this world. It is a well know fact and history is a proof that when israel is attacked western governments are willing to go into self destruct mode in order for israel to trive and flourish. The biggest example is america. we see american govt giving without any kind of stringes attacked to the aid money it gives to israel when its own people are dying of hypothermia and hunger on its streets. When its own people are being layed off from work. Putin gave one statement i quote" USA is like a leach sucking the world economy" I would like to add more by saying that israel is a vampire draining the USA in totel economy , military, humanity wise ...American public know it and it accpets being treated like that.
Also i would to say that you can never trust arabs as they are the biggest back stabblers and unethical and dishonest people. Turkey are u suffering from amnesia. Didnt you see what the arabs did to your population how these animal arabs massacared your population when you were ruling syria palestine till mecca ...
Wake up and renue diplomatic ties with israel and forget the arab animals ....

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This year Afghanistan said they want to join the Shanghai Cooperation.

Turkey/Egypt will be next to join the Shanghai Cooperation. Likely before the year ends.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

If the US chose to we could rapidly respond to any event anywhere in the world within 24 to 36 hours

how so, when is the last time you rapidly won a war.... Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.... These are small third world countries and you have not responded well there..

what makes you think you could deal with a proper opponent...

Funny how you only seem to get into wars with countries a fraction of your size...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Bump.

www.almasryalyoum.com...

They recently had a navy exercise together.
I think it is just flexing muscles for now, but is bound to cause more tension in the region.
edit on 8-1-2012 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Skerrako

Keep in mind the Gulf States are monarchies and they are willing to cooperate with Israel against Iran.

They won't be so quick to help the republics of Egypt or Turkey. In the long term they are more worried about Turkey and Iran than Israel. Unlike Israel, Iran and Turkey have the resources and assets to dominate the Middle East in the future, something the Gulf States do not want at all.

Turkey does not have the resources to dominate the Middle East. People often over emphasize and exagerate Turkeys capabilities and reach. Mainly because the Turks do this them selves.

I'll give you a few examples.

Milgem corvette - Turkish design, most systems on board though are foreign.
T-129 helicopter - Italian design, a few Turkish systems on board.
Firtina howitzer - South Korean design, a Turkish system or two on board.
Altay tank - Heavily influenced by South Korean tank.

Move on to politics, and Erdogan and his AKP party are actually financed by the Gulf states.
Most of the money invested in Turkey, is from the Middle East. Of course you wont hear about that.
You also wont hear about how Turkeys growth is financed mostly by borrowed money.

Turkey is as despised by the Arabs as Iran is, if not more.
Remember, Turkey and its Ottoman Empire ruled over them for a few hundred years.

On top of that, you then have the civil war with the Kurds.
Turkey cant solve that, hows it going to dominate anyone else?

Originally posted by Pervius

This year Afghanistan said they want to join the Shanghai Cooperation.

Turkey/Egypt will be next to join the Shanghai Cooperation. Likely before the year ends.

I hope they do join the SCO. Because it will then be the end of Turkey in the western sphere.
And finally, the western world will wake up to the true nature of Turkey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join