It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wife Heard a Voice Last Night

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Looks like you got yo booty in some hot water on this one. Yes, I'm amusing myself by reading some of your old threads this morning.

Which leads to this, my useless observations about this thread:

Your wife might have heard a ghost. I doubt it, but it's possible. Maybe you live in a haunted house and the ghost wants you out. Maybe it was a male ghost who wants you to himself, so he's trying to get rid of her. Maybe it's a female ghost who sounds like a male because she smoked for a really long time. lol. Maybe it was another kind of entity. Who knows.

From my perspective what is more likely, and what you explained to her, is kinda of a deja entendu.

Kind of like a deja vu, but auditory.

Here are the "vu's", as I call them.

Deja vu: Illusion of visual recognition in which a new situation is incorrectly regarded as a repetition of a previous memory.

Deja entendu: Illusion of auditory recognition (Not exactly what she described, but close).

Deja pense: Illusion that a new thought is recognized as a thought previously expressed.

Jamais vu: false feeling of unfamiliarity with a real situation one has experienced.

These are all under the umbrella of "Disturbance of Memory". They are fleeting, and no big deal whatsoever.

As to the condescension towards your wife of which you are herein accused, I didn't see it that way. You are way, way up there in abstract thinking skills, which is a good thing. You are always trying to make sense of things; to figure things out, which is only indicative of a consuming and pervasive intelligence. When you hit on something that excites you, you want to share it. At times "sharing it", the way you do, can come across as condescending.

Which happily brings me to another point. In your other thread, I objected somewhat to your use of the word"personality". This is exactly what I mean. See?

Although on the outside you may appear condescending (because of your "personality"), on the inside you are excited with new thoughts and discoveries, and want to teach and share what you have learned (and/or invented, discovered, envisioned, or imagined lol). Which is actually quite generous and giving, and comes from a good place, although your "personality" might prevent that from always being known. It's your personality's way of expressing something you experience internally. People who love you, I assume will know that, and love you anyway, although it could tend to get on one's nerves from time to time. ( A bit.)

I'm sure your wife figured that out before she married you, and she recognizes it for what it is. You should ask her.

*Oh, I hope Chessy is okay. By the way, someone calls you to tell you they are dying, and you launch into an intellectual discussion about the afterlife. This too, might appear condescending. See? Your personality again. Your genuine intention was to teach, prepare, and assist, which you did, I think, but I might want someone to say first "I'm on my way". But since I don't know you, I have no way of knowing if you lack compassion. I think you probably don't. Chessy would understand that without you having to tell him.

So, when you cross to the afterlife, do you want others (other dead people lol) to see a condescending know-it-all personality who lacks compassion, or do you want them to see the essence of excitement, intelligence, humongous curiosity, and desire to comfort, that lies within?

That's what I mean by "personality". Outward personality vs. inner essence. External/Internal. I would like you to invent a new word for "inner essence". I think you are good at inventing words. Course it might wind up something like "IEminus.EP". lol.

Well goodbye. I might read some of your other threads later. If I want.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join