It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Bends over Again!!! "Obama yields on smog rule in face of GOP demands"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
For those who have trouble breathing and care about the environment and corporate pollution Obama has turned his rear end around again so the corporate swine can put it in—again without any grease!

I hope he enjoys it, for the American people won’t and don’t. Understand this is not about the controversial and subjective issue of global warming but pure greedy corporate pollution that has ruined our air and rivers across the country.

finance.yahoo.com...

“WASHINGTON (AP) -- In a dramatic reversal, President Barack Obama on Friday scrubbed a clean-air regulation that aimed to reduce health-threatening smog, yielding to bitterly protesting businesses and congressional Republicans who complained the rule would kill jobs in America's ailing economy”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Keith Olbermann excoriated President Obama on his Friday show for halting the impending toughening of environmental regulations against smog.

The announcement from the White House that it would keep widely criticized 2006 regulations in place until at least 2013 did not sit well with Olbermann. In the voiceover introduction to his show, he thundered, "what the hell is going on in the White House?"

Olbermann said that Obama had given a huge gift to polluters and corporations, and had delivered an equally large "whack across the knees" to his base.

Obama thinks this act will appease the corporate flunkies in the Republican tea party and they will lighten up on him and give his soon to be announced flimsy job program some slack. But be rest assured that Obama’s idea of compromising core principles of decency and morality won't appease the corporate puppets of the Republican Tea party for they know no decency or what is moral, their ONLY principles revolve around placating the rich and powerful and not anything that benefits the whole of the country.

Of course we know now, or should know, that Barack Obama is a fraud and his agenda is in actuality the same as the predatory Republican Tea party—that is pleasing the NEW WORLD ORDER and corporate agenda of the oligarchy.

edit on 4-9-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Obama has much more bending over to do, as a Muslim he should be used to it. If he stays bent over, he could be used as a bicycle stand (or do you need a visual).

The conservatives are no longer scared of him or the democrats.
Time to implement conservative methods of helping the economy by being pro-business.

These particular EPA regulations will cause the shut down of 8% of the power generation facilities and dramatically increasing electricity energy costs. It's bad enough that the democrats have already increased gasoline energy costs by limiting drilling, pipeline construction and refineries. Food has also dramatically increased due to high gasoline energy costs.

All personal discretionary funds have been sucked up by these democrat policies so everyone is cost cutting by minimizing spending, which in turn is hurting the economy.

End the regulations for now, try again when the economy improves. Do what ever it takes to increase energy production for oil, gasoline, oil shale, coal, nuclear and solar/wind. This will get people working and increase disposable income for everyone.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Never mind. Disgusted.
edit on 4-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

Obama has much more bending over to do, as a Muslim he should be used to it. If he stays bent over, he could be used as a bicycle stand (or do you need a visual).

I get the picture.
Just wondering how necessary it was and even how appropriate it is here in these pages considering there are many faiths reading? Also... what you are trying to prove? I stopped reading right after this because I figure if a person already has such a bent and perverted mindset, what do I care what he/she thinks?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

I think he's panicking. His Keynesian approach to the economy has shown what an epic failure it is.
Like Clinton, Obama is going to have to adopt a conservative (Tea Party ?) approach if our country has any hope of surviving.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

The conservatives are no longer scared of him or the democrats.
Time to implement conservative methods of helping the economy by being pro-business.

These particular EPA regulations will cause the shut down of 8% of the power generation facilities and dramatically increasing electricity energy costs. It's bad enough that the democrats have already increased gasoline energy costs by limiting drilling, pipeline construction and refineries. Food has also dramatically increased due to high gasoline energy costs.

All personal discretionary funds have been sucked up by these democrat policies so everyone is cost cutting by minimizing spending, which in turn is hurting the economy.

End the regulations for now, try again when the economy improves. Do what ever it takes to increase energy production for oil, gasoline, oil shale, coal, nuclear and solar/wind. This will get people working and increase disposable income for everyone.

Let the companies pollute at will after all the wealthy can afford to move and leave the poor and middle class to deal with the health issues. But's that's ok isn't it because they don't matter after all. Let the companies shut down if they don't want to make their emissions safe. And Democrats don't raise prices the owners of the companies do simple because the greedy SOB's are worried about short term profits.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by chuckk

I think he's panicking. His Keynesian approach to the economy has shown what an epic failure it is.
Like Clinton, Obama is going to have to adopt a conservative (Tea Party ?) approach if our country has any hope of surviving.

You mean the same Tea Party approach that appeases big businesses?

Hilarious. You TPers don't know whether you're coming or going.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

Funny how for a lot of folks, it's never the right time to do the right thing. It seems to elude them that they are the largest part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This post is misleading and the creator is ignorant.

I would like you to show me pictures and data of all the sorts that show where in gods name you think that the companies that product energy and products are polluting the environment and thus we need to have a raise in costs of energy to the consumer?

Are you people nut cases? You think these regulations would have been a cost to the corporations? haha! YOU would pay for it in higher prices.

I do not believe he is caving to anything I bet this has more to do with the fact that the nuclear power plants shut down en mass, Natural disasters/Weather are screwing us and if his regulations went through well..He would not have a chance at re election next year due to the outrageous prices the consumers would see as the net result.

The biggest threat we have to the environment right now is the consumer. We buy cheap toxic products from china and do not recycle nearly as much on a scale that we should. Stop expecting corporations to do anything unless you the public demand it in the form of boycott or protest.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Since early August, three administration decisions -- on Arctic drilling, the Keystone XL pipeline and the ozone that causes smog -- have all favored dirty industry over public health and a clean environment. Like so many others, I'm beginning to wonder just where the man stands.

For months, the Environmental Protection Agency has been poised to issue new ozone rules to reduce the smog that causes asthma attacks and other respiratory ills. We badly need these new standards, which the EPA estimates could prevent 12,000 premature deaths a year.

Just the Facts man,

INFOREAL!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So Obama seeks to compromise; chooses to withdrawal "proposed regulation"s that would cost us up to $90 billion a year, ok.

Now the "Liberals" are quick to criticize him. They're belittling him for making a decision he thinks is best at this time.

This is hypocrisy at it's finest.

I ask, who are the terrorists here? The one who is making tough decisions or the one's who are trying to hold him hostage?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
well lets hope when they get back to important issues this will continue or maybe just like agueing over the important things.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Obama is a robot programmed by the wealthy Elite.Either do what your told or go off the reservation and be assassinated.HMMM..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No you are missing the point. The EPA can create regulations with out any congressional say. The legislative branch is supposed to write and ratify laws not a agency like the EPA. It was a way to bypass the constitution to pass agendas. And in typical hypocritical fashion those who favor strict regulations here have no problem purchasing things from countries like China that have no standards for protecting the environment!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't think Obama yielded or bent over. He simply chose for something that didn't exist in the first place... to not exist... yet.

These types of proposals are his aces in the hole when he needs them.

The title "Obama yields on smog rule in face of GOP demands" is, in reality, a drug in the minds of those who need that momentary feeling of taking away some control over a dictator. On the other side, it's feeding fear and the need to take back ground that actually never existed (yet) in the first place and was not lost.

He still has the control and understands what kind and how much when administering our drugs/meds.

If we step back and not react with emotions but with logic and facts, we deprive him and the others from their drugs of choice, lol.

edit on 4-9-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Environmentalists like to blow things out of proportion.

Many of these regulations are harsh, redundant, and are jobs killers.

Surprised that Obama did this though, probably going to use this as leverage for his next environmental jobs killing idea.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old77

I would like you to show me pictures and data of all the sorts that show where in gods name you think that the companies that product energy and products are polluting the environment

OK

George Orwell is alive and well

All that pretty stuff in the water there, is stuff called OIL... IT is there because people like
you and your friends provide the grassroots support for irresponsible business practices.
Lik your wonderful lawyer talk, "prove to me that burning wood creates fire!",
you know, typical Americans have completed the second grade, just saying.

I suppose those pretty green colors are good and create healthy fish because the water
is so pretty.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4aaece8db5d.jpg[/atsimg]

See, Places like China who have very little regulation look like this, I suppose you like
the colors,

" WOW,,, KOLAIDE" - NO, thats the color of freedom!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/662cef949fae.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 4-9-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
in a already lousy economy and no jobs and if he didnt "bend over over 7 million americans would have been put out of work.

thats what the treehuggers and democrats dont get all their regualtions kills jobs that is a fact and try to push more of the same.

in a country with already 25 million unemployed hell whats another 7 million.

you can regulate all you want to here in the us with detrtimental effects but you cant regulate the rest of the world.

with the great polluters in the world china and india.

meh
edit on 4-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Bro you have to be kidding me...

The Oil Rig Disaster is an Obama Administration and BP Failure you need to look up the facts.

Too bad there is regulation and state/government intervention in business matters at all otherwise the public could deal with polluting companies our selves instead of in court if you know whats up....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It seems to me that he actually did the right thing...granted, it was for the wrong reason and after he did the wrong thing. You see, the only reason that the ball was ever in the EPA's court is because Obama knows he can't ram a cap-and-trade bill or something similar through Congress. So, instead, he was trying to run the old end around and just bypass Congress altogether and essentially pass environmental legislation using the EPA. Last I checked, Congress was the legislative branch of government, not the EPA.

So why did he put the brakes on this proposal? I'm guessing that he took a look at the polls and realized that if this passed, his approval rating would slide even further into the abyss. He's already got enough problems heading into 2012 as it is without adding an unpopular set of environmental regulations passed through backdoor channels on top of it all.

top topics

join