It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I've been dropping videos of this game into threads for a while now but no one seems to be biting. But dang does it ever look amazing especially considering it is an indie game. I actually mostly play indie games these days and I've seen some amazing looking ones. Even still the image that comes to my mind when I hear indie game is some lazy dev using terrible 8-bit graphics in a bid to appeal to the retro fad whilst also no having to do any serious work on the game.

Anyways here are some vids of Hawken what do you guys think?

Edit: oh yeah you've gotta watch them in fullscreen HD to get the full effect. People like me with tvs for monitors are in for a treat here.

edit on 4-9-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yeah I've seen this game before, might be the first new real Mech Warrior game in a long while.

I have to see it looks epic and this will be epic to play in multiplayer mode.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I have to see it looks epic and this will be epic to play in multiplayer mode.

Heh say epic much? It is going to be multiplayer only from what I heard. That is the way it should be really why waste time making a single player campaign when all anyone is really going to play is multi? And vice versa, I hate it when companies tack on a multiplayer mode at the last minute. Some games are meant to be SP some are meant to be MP rarely is there any that do well in both.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Well I've been playing some racing games (Gran Turismo 5 and Test Drive Unlimited 2) they have also online play, but it's wiser to go through the singleplayer story line first because you really need to practice your skills before you go online or you'll get butchered.

I like this way more, probably because I've grown up with single player games (internet wasn't the place for online gaming yet) like Unreal and Halflife, my first online multiplayer game was Unreal Tournament

GM

top topics

join