It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we see an airship or UFO over south London last night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Seen by many people between around 8pm and 9pm this huge white object passed over the flats and parks of the borough and appeared to hover over New Cross. Any ideas? Seem's a bit odd to be flying round that time of night and a bit dangerous.
edit on 4-9-2011 by happinness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well if seen by many then i guess we will see some pics or video soon.
Let's hope for that.

And I don't think 'UFO's' really care what time it is

Hope we see/hear some more on this, thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Did anyone get any pics?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
Seen by many people between around 8pm and 9pm this huge white object passed over the flats and parks of the borough and appeared to hover over New Cross. Any ideas? Seem's a bit odd to be flying round that time of night and a bit dangerous.
edit on 4-9-2011 by happinness because: (no reason given)

And wirh this vague post, you want us to tell you if you saw an airship or ufo?

Uh...yeah dude. You saw an airship...

Lol....no pics or vid? How the hell are we supposed to answer your question?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Not sure if this helps but I live near Bexley (which is sort of south east London) and all day yesterday, and the day before, there was a giant Airship, advertising Goodyear, flying around.

May well have been the same thing when you consider that I’m only a 20min drive from Lewisham.

Peace
edit on 4-9-2011 by Muckster because: spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Clearly the OP is asking for other witnesses and to see if anyone got a video/picture.
He has been registered since 2007, but rarely posts. You would think if this was a hoax he would have picked a better one..
Where does he state that he needs you to believe him or that he has a 'smoking gun'?

Flame the guys claiming Elenin is Jesus' spaceship, not new users and those who rarely post..it is a good way to stop people from posting. No wonder he has under 400 posts in four years.

@ happiness: S&F for you!
edit on 4-9-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Is this what you saw ?
UFO above London
instagr.am...
twitpic.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

hi happiness,it was most likely the goodyear blimp, i`m in north london and it was around here at about 7o`clock for a bit then it headed off towards central london.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
reply to post by amongus

Clearly the OP is asking for other witnesses and to see if anyone got a video/picture.
He has been registered since 2007, but rarely posts. You would think if this was a hoax he would have picked a better one..
Where does he state that he needs you to believe him or that he has a 'smoking gun'?

Flame the guys claiming Elenin is Jesus' spaceship, not new users and those who rarely post..it is a good way to stop people from posting. No wonder he has under 400 posts in four years.

@ happiness: S&F for you!
edit on 4-9-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

Spare me, please.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I saw the Goodyear blimp over London aswell. When i saw it my heart dropped and i was shocked for a few seconds. I thought it was a UFO until my brain registered what it actually was.
The feeling was incredible shock and fear at first. It did make me think about how people will react if they did show themselves. Maybe thats why they dont and the government withholds information, it would completely turn our world upside down.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Ok calm down everyone. It must have been the Goodyear balloon. I did try to get some pics, but unforunately i wasn't close enough and the pics came out as white blobs. It was interesting though and certainly stirred everyone up where i was last night.

Thanks for all of your replies. Now i have something to tell everyone when i get back to work later.
At least that has cleared that up. As a point of interest i have seen UFO's and i have quite a clear close up on one on my blackberry, but being the techno phobe that i am i don't have a clue how to transfer it to here.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
ok i and two people with me saw ufo over essex area, i describe it as an airship shape but with bright lights all over, i have researched airships in the area and nothing matches the description of what we saw, defitnitely not a goodyear or other advertising airship, i have researched because i was so shocked at the sighting, we have an airfield nearby in upminster which occasionally has airship flights- it wasnt from there, checked nasa tv stream a ufo was identified on 3rd september 2011, it was about 8.30pm. I am a businesswoman of sound mind with two grown up children not an arty farty ufo spotter, the only similar sighting i have found on internet was on www.ufo.uk from april 2011?????????????? baffled please help, if anyone has any reasonable logical explanation i would be very interested in hearing it

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by caramella

It’s strange you should say this... My Mum and Dad live in Billericay (Essex) and they told me that they spotted a UFO a week or so ago. They are both pensioners, of sound mind, who are not really into UFO's or anything like that. In fact they are quite sceptical about this sort of thing... but in my Dads words "It was the strangest thing i've ever seen"

I am seeing them both tomorrow so I’ll pick their brains for more info.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by caramella

Well after speaking to my parents it seems that they see 5 or 6 glowing orb shaped things floating in the sky. These objects started to move around in a strange way, up, down, left right... no real pattern. They say that they have seen lots of Chinese lanterns in the past and this was definitely not Chinese lanterns.

Hmm... i dunno... I’m rather shocked to be honest, they are the last people in the world to make this sort of thing up

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Hi thanks for the reply cant make any sense of this either hopefully something will come to light

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

join