It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans have been doing it every which way FOREVER. Why are so many still not over it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Not sure about the last bit as seems a bit contradictory, but as far as sexual arousal coming from the body and the implication that homosexuality (and by extension, all other sexual attractions) are there for natural and not of issue seems to fall apart when applied to necrophilia, pedophilia, BSDM, bestiality, and an entire range of other related sexual issues.

Naaa, it doesn’t fall apart. I don’t think my opinion that homosexual behaviour is only natural can apply to necrophilia, pedophilia, or bestiality. Those are all crimes in the form of rape, not to be compared to two consenting adults harmlessly acting on sexual feelings or desires, however odd most might view them.

Additionally, the argument from nature is difficult to get behind as well (especially from a christian perpective, such as mine, admittedly - as we are supposed to be in the world, but not of the world) as mankind as historically made a point of emphasizing how separate, distinct, and above/beyond the animal world we are; man is civilized, able to reason and think, and as such should not give into such animalistic behaviours (historical excuses for us considering ourselves superior to animals, etc. - most of which completely fall apart with sincere appraisal of a whole range of human activities...), so appealing to occurrences of homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom also doesn't do much to help here

Not sure I understand what you're saying here. I think the fact that we have diluted our self’s with feeling above the animal kingdom while picking our noses, scratching our butts, and fighting for stupid reasons is a good stand point to argue from. We are animals, smarter and handier, but not above them. C’mon...most of us have had our noses in a closer range to another’s butt hole than we would like to admit...we just aren’t aloud to do it in the park. Also as far as i know animals don't try to have sex with dead animals, baby animals, or hu....no wait lol dogs do try to hump human legs...but not wild dogs.

However, I must agree with your main thrust here - in short, and I know we'll effectively never get there on the whole, sadly - we might never know, and as long as it doesn't impact you directly there's not really any reason to get wound up about it one way or the other as we ARE NOT to be the judges of all those around us - and I *can* argue that from a biblical basis if any believers choose to take issue with this.

Perfect!!! Thanks for posting

new topics

<< 1   >>

join