It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the teletubbies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I remember the good ol' days. Transformers, Thundercats, GI-JOE, TMNT, all of these shows were about good vs. evil and morals. WTF happened?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
So I really don't see how it possibly pertains to secret societies today, or ever.

I don't think they have anything to do with secret societies either.

My take is that this programme is a little disturbing from an adult perspective. I've always though the same.

There is nothing overtly bad about the programme (other than the weird baby in the sun shot), but at the same time I've never liked my son watching it. The creators have mentioned "social engineering" and some kind of theory about influencing the way children think....

Enlightened social engineering is required to face situations that demand global action now. Education is a long-term solution.... The majority of our youth still hold the same values as their parents and, if we don’t re-socialize, our system will decay.

So, they do have an agenda to socially engineer children through this programme to have different values to their parents. Does that not disturb you? As a parent, it worries me! I'm all for educational programmes that use well known psychological techniques to show children the correct values of right and wrong etc. However, the above statement just tells me that these people think they know better than the majority of parents and are using Teletubbies to change that according to their own agenda.

I haven't mentioned NWO, Nazis, aliens, shadow government, mind control or any other way out theory. I just don't think it is right for a stranger to try to influence my child according to their world view without my knowledge or consent.

Grey

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
So, they do have an agenda to socially engineer children through this programme to have different values to their parents. Does that not disturb you?

Well, how do they know that the values they are using are different than mine? Does it mention anywhere what these values might be?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Well, how do they know that the values they are using are different than mine? Does it mention anywhere what these values might be?

Exactly my point. How do I know what their values are? They have an opinion, based on the quote, that the values of youths today need to be different from parents, but I haven't read anything to say what those new values are or should be. And as they don't know me as a person and what my values are, how can their statement be logical or accurate?

I can't make a judgement on what someone else wants to teach my son unless I know what it is. Until I do, I think it's best to keep this programme off the TV.

Grey

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hey, maybe that was the key. I watched it with my son. If you watch it with your kids, I guess you pick up the same values!

Seriously though, I simply can't believe there is a threat. An hour or two of TV a week can't possibly undo all that we work for as parents - no matter what values they might be trying to program into our children.

I can also tell you this: My son watched this show for a year, about 7 years ago. He hasn't manifested the slightest sign of being an axe murderer yet. Of course the programming could always "kick in" later.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You're probably right. My son isn't an axe murderer yet either, so maybe it's working positively?

It would be nice to have a bit more clarity on what they are trying to achieve though instead of the ambiguous and vague "mission statement" posted in this thread earlier.

Grey

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Worse than tellietubbies are "The Booh Bahs" who are actually aliens and is a program for toddlers and funnily enough is made by the same Ragdoll productions

pbskids.org...

[edit on 28-2-2007 by thesaint]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Erm, what on earth are those people smoking?!?! Now, those are weird! Thankfully, that's not a programme I've ever had the misfortune to watch.

I've obviously led a very sheltered life!

Grey

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

But since we are talking about the show. I started watching it with my son when he was a baby. We both loved it. I still love the Tubbies!

Tubbie Sympathizer.

This thread is years old and was, somehow, resurrected.

fortunately my son has never shown any interest. he's more into old school Blue's clues (hates the new guy).

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is a very strange programme to watch infact its ****ed up completely
especially when they start spinning to form a vortex/blackhole type thing

I mean just check out the games on that site by clicking on the icons they are serious messed up 60s physcadelic (sic) kinda stuff

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
And don't forget about those gay Australian guys that are so popular now.

And no, there's nothing wrong with being gay, I was only trying to describe exactly whom I was talking about because I forgot their freakin' name.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
And let me say one more thing, the childrens' shows of today are nothing. Back in my day kids used to watch H.R. Puff 'n' Stuff. Talk about an '___' trip. Dude had like a big mac head and wore go-go boots.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
And don't forget about those gay Australian guys that are so popular now.

The Wiggles are, oddly enough, not all gay. A friend of ours works for the company that puts their show on here and she told us she went to Vegas with them and they are total animals and totally unrecognizable once they remove their colors. The tall guitarist is gay, the others are just australian. Very similar but not quite the same.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
The tall guitarist is gay, the others are just australian. Very similar but not quite the same.

That's worthy of a signature.
Australians send all hate mail to Crakeur via U2U.

My boss' daughter told me they were all gay. I guess she was confused by their outfits or something.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

And let me say one more thing, the childrens' shows of today are nothing. Back in my day kids used to watch H.R. Puff 'n' Stuff. Talk about an '___' trip. Dude had like a big mac head and wore go-go boots.

Peace

Ha ha. I remember H.R.Puff 'n' Stuff.

I recently did a search for any videos of the program but I couldn't find any. I would love to see what it looked like again.

Any links you could possibly point me to?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That's worthy of a signature.
Australians send all hate mail to Crakeur via U2U.

My boss' daughter told me they were all gay. I guess she was confused by their outfits or something.

Peace

feel free to use that line.

there might be a second one who plays that way but I think two are married with kids (not that that means anything) and the kids are paid performers on the shows.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Peace

HR was the nuts. Sigmond the sea monster came from the same burg, no?
Land of the Lost was another classic

for your trippy pleasure

and sigmond

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Oh man....that's awesome. Thanks for the video.

Before seeing that, I couldn't remember any of the characters, except Witchie Poo. When I saw it, I actually do now remember the characters, the contraptions, etc.

A great memory jogger for an 'Old Man' (actually I'm 42)

Thanks again !!

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Old Man]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
this show is so addicting if you turn it on then your eyes are fricking glued to the screen!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
H.R. Puffinstuff!!!

I ocassionally get that theme song stuck in my head, even a week ago at work we were talking about old cartoons and it came up. Thanks for the video because my memory of the characters were becoming a blur.

The teletubbies now, they live in the ground. I rented a feature presentation of them for my granddaughter and a couple shots of the "sun baby" had a down right evil look in the squinty little eyes. Normally this isn't the case, though.

As I mentioned before, the Boobah show goes way farther with the creepy stuff than the teletubbies and I think they share the same producer.

Edit to add: This is a fun thread.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by interestedalways]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join