It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the teletubbies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
TELETUBBIES!!! Come on now, this can't be for real. Spawn of the devil? Well maybe...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Come to britain if you want to know, and watch BBC2 at 6 in the morning

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I spent years in Arkham Asylum with the likes of the Joker and other criminally insane characters because I watched an episode of Teletubbies with my 5 year old neice. The tune still torments me to this day,

Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po
Teletubbies
Teletubbies
Say Eh-oh

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
All I know is that Teletubbies has a larger group of writers and researchers than any other children's show. And what about Boobah?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Teletubbies iis just a stupid show that encourages homsexuality and other stupid stuff. I despise little kid shows. >.<

I think that the Teletubies is a secret society alright...of (EDIT)

(edited by me out of direct censorship 2/??/2007)

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hello. This is the voice of sanity (maybe?)

Maybe its just a silly programme that kids find funny.

I tend to worry more about the mental health of people who "see" things in shows like this more than I do about its possible affects on children.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
nefo, I also worry about people who are so hive minded that they can't consider the possiblity.....That being said ,find me a kids show that has no agenda. And good luck with that!
Bring back Bill and Ben 'The Flower Pot Men' they were harmless enough...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I really can't believe I read as much of this thread as I did!!

Any way my 2 pence worth. (why am I bothering?)

When it was launched, I was back in the 6th form, far too many of us missed classes to watch that program though a haze of smoke! It was sort of legendary amount students at the time, mabey we were the target audience!! (there were enough mindless morons - mabay that wern't just the tetrahydrocannabinol!)

Anyway, that baby in the sun is a bit creepy. When they were making all the episodes the set had a comical level of security, 24 hour patrols, and paranoria about 'scripts
' etc. No one even knew who the actors were for ages, the Sun news paper even did a huge spread on them - think they had arieal pics!

Time for tubby bye bye!

[edit on 23/2/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The Teletubbies is a production of Ragdoll - for those in the UK - of Rosie and Jim fame. The production office was based in Stratford upon Avon above a shop which deals with marketing for Brum, Rosie and Jim and the infamous TT's. For those who might not know SuA was the home to Shakespeare - and indeed the office is almost opposite a house owned by one of his family.

The series is actually filmed at one of the most guarded sets in the business i have ever come across - in warwickshire and has a huge exclusion zone around it. By comparisson the set for Emmerdale actually has a cycle path within 100 meters of the primary locations.

Rumours abount of a secret entrance to the tertiary set and secondary sound stages - both underground from a nearby hill - site of an ancient fortress.

If anyone fancies a foray to find out the secrets of the many roumoured deviant practices on the set I could guide you in ......

After all - what is DENY ignorance all about

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Simon Cowell produced a teletubies cd. Need we discuss this any further?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm not alone in my loathing of that awful programme! I watched it a number of times with my toddler son until I became more and more disturbed by it. The baby in the sun shot always makes me look away, it's very strange.

Why anyone would let their kids watch this and some of the other junk aired is beyond me.

Grey

[edit on 23/2/07 by Grey_Pilgrim]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

www.crossroad.to...

"I believe television and video are the most underestimated force for good in educating our children in the technological age in which we live. It is important to develop children’s thinking skills." (Anne Wood, Teletubby creator, BBC)

Anne Wood, their creator at BBC (British Broadcasting Co.) tells us: "They are babies," she explains. "… technological babies…. Like children, they also imitate what they hear, so they will attempt to speak like the Narrator and sometimes like the Voice Trumpets."

"…children are the same the world over," says scriptwriter Andy Davenport. "They grow, they learn language, they learn to talk, to think the same, wherever they grow up."

If, as BBC claims, small children around the world watch this show, they certainly will learn "to think the same" – a major goal of UNESCO’s program for "lifelong learning"

Professor John Goodlad, who served on the governing board of UNESCO’s Institute for Education before he joined Bill Clinton on the 1987 Study Commission on Global Education. In his Preface to Schooling for a Global Age, he wrote:
"Enlightened social engineering is required to face situations that demand global action now. Education is a long-term solution.... The majority of our youth still hold the same values as their parents and, if we don’t re-socialize, our system will decay."

There's more on that page about the symbols on their heads, and some other stuff about education.

I had heard somewhere it symbolized mind control, the commands beemed into the antennas on their heads and big brother watching overhead. I dont remember it tho.. anyways it's about the furthest things from educational and entertaining as you can get, so we can all agree whatever it is - it's not good.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As soon as I read the phrase "social engineering" in the quote above, alarm bells began to ring. Who decided to socially engineer the thoughts of my child and at what point did I give my consent? What exactly are they engineering children to think? What was written is vague and could mean anything. I'd like to hear more about their agenda.

I'm even more disturbed by this now. Hmmm!

I know I may sound like a panicked parent, but children are easily influenced by everything they experience. It worries me that the Teletubbies creator has something specific in mind for their "education".

Grey

[edit on 24/2/07 by Grey_Pilgrim]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
PILGRIM, I 'm with you here. I don't think until you sit down with your own child to watch this putrid mess that one can even begin to understand. This is pure Tavistock crap. Social engineering = Tavistock. Think about it , a children's show where the characters can't speak one single coherent word. That's educational!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If you want to watch an hour long video about out-come based 'education,' here is a link. I tell you what, if I had kids, I'd probably do homeschooling. Or perhaps just some mind-deprogramming when my kids came home.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
All of my kids watched them growing up and they all turned...gasp...liberal on me. Wait, I'm a liberal too! Oh geez....

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Satan controls the teletubbies the truth is out there. Sometimes you just have to search for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
A few years ago, I was channel surfing and came across the teletubbies. I had never heard of them. What freaked me out was that I never watch children's shows (I don't have kids) but when I looked at the clock, I found that I had been totally mesmerized for about 10 minutes! It seemed to have put me into an alpha state and didn't even realize the minutes that had gone by. Ever since then, I've been afraid to see it again. If it can do that to an adult, think of what it's doing to the children.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
A few years ago, I was channel surfing and came across the teletubbies. I had never heard of them. What freaked me out was that I never watch children's shows (I don't have kids) but when I looked at the clock, I found that I had been totally mesmerized for about 10 minutes! It seemed to have put me into an alpha state and didn't even realize the minutes that had gone by. Ever since then, I've been afraid to see it again. If it can do that to an adult, think of what it's doing to the children.

Good description, that is how I felt when I watched them. And the follow up show Boobah is so much worse.

They are both on Sprout for kids at 3:00am and 3:30am and it freaks me out when my little granddaughter falls asleep watching sprout and I wake up to hear that crazy stuff. It just feels wrong on a subliminal level.

Just watch one episode of boobah, my grand daughter cries when the fake happy people come on. They are like stepford wives on steroids, the grandma and grandpa.

Something very strange happens when you watch it. Something happens to your brain.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I cannot believe that this thread exists. I cannot believe its in the SS forum.

The Teletubbies are not even new any more. They have been out for years. Has the fabric of the universe been ripped apart yet? Nope.

But since we are talking about the show. I started watching it with my son when he was a baby. We both loved it. I still love the Tubbies!

If you'll notice though, most kids reach a certain age and suddenly they see that show as a baby show and they refuse to watch it. They refuse to admit they ever watched it. So I really don't see how it possibly pertains to secret societies today, or ever.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join