It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i created a levitating aluminum model replica of the Bob Lazar 'Sport Model'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Wow how did you guys do that? Thats amazing. Tell us more about it. I may want to buy one of those off you.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I love you!
EPIC!!!!!!!
I will buy 3
I need a cold shower now,.......ahem.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OP this is so cool. I love to see threads that aren't just reposting news articles (the kind which I create sadly). I'm very impressed with what you've don and like so many others would be very happy to send you a check for one of these little guys. Thanks for sharing with us!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Eleven pounds you say?

How about making a plate that i could put on my living room table filled with candy.

Maybe you could make a set of trays that i could serve dinner on (i bet my date would love that!)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Nice job you made this, but honestly I don't see the difference between this and a magnetic golf ball floating. It just looks like a UFO. And it can't hover unless it is over that board, there are thousands of things on Earth that do that. I will say nice job (Since you developed one on your own,) but anything else isn't amazing. I will have my jaw drop when you make a full scale model that can float without the magnetic board underneath it. Until then, it's a children's toy shaped like a UFO.

That is the whole point of it !

You have cut no corners in the production quality, which is a credit to you, executive toys are big sellers so you could be on to something, at the very least, older kids like us would all love one. Most people would have cobbled this up using a plastic model and mdf for the base, this looks the biz ! Yes a backdrop would be great if it was ever mass produced, but check with the patent office if in doubt, it may be a very wise move. The only downside is that the longer it is out of production, the more chance someone else will pinch the idea. Another customer, if they are ever made in quantity.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Very Nice.

I see lots of people saying you should make a batch of them to sell lol... well to be honest i would not mind placing something like that on a shelf somewhere at home.

Looks very cool. Great Job.

All you need now is build one on a 1:1 scale and fuel it with some Element 115

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Very Nice.
All you need now is build one on a 1:1 scale and fuel it with some Element 115

I always thought of the power of magnets as element zero-sort of like in "Mass Effect"
Element 115,if we could harness it for more than miliseconds,would be on a different scale IMO.

Just ask Bob.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

I would question exactly what the French "inventor" has invented.
For a less than fifty bucks you can purchase at hundreds of places on the internet an 8-inch world globe that is suspended via electromagnetic repulsion from its base.

A UFO model suspended in that manner would be neat, however.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
wow one of the coolest things ive seen in a while. seriously, you should make a couple dozen of these and sell it at some UFO convention.

congratulations on making it . i wish i had the scientific knowledge to create something so cool.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
I'll bet you would have a hard time getting clearance from the Business World to sell these en masse, although I think it's a valiant goal.

Wha...???

What country do you live in where you need "clearance" from the "business world"??

I'm not flaming you, but that statement makes no sense whatsoever. All you legally need is a business entity (Sole Proprietor, S corp) for federal tax purposes, a business license in the state in which you live. Some startup cash wouldn't hurt. You don't need "permission", just a market for your product.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

I like your technical skills....but where did you get your avatar image? haha.

Great job still.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

that is fantastic..

when can I order one?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'd like the hatch-back model please and can I fit a towbar

Nice work S+F......

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"electromagnetic static levitation" Anything else you two had to study to build this?

I think its great. I would like to get involved in this field.

I was researching this about a year ago. But my local library has no books on the subjects.

Can you recomend any books,to get started with?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

I'd buy one.

I don't think the TR-3B is one of ours though. People have been seeing flying triangles for a long time.

The best aeronautical toy we might have, is the mythical SR-72 which is essentially a modernized SR-71 Blackbird (possibly incorporating unmanned + scramjet technology).

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm paypal ready how much?
love it

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
yours is nicer but...

www.sourcingmap.com... gle

it's been done before. you might have some problems selling these if copyrights exist. having said that, i will buy one off you on the "black market"

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's surprising that on a site dedicated to UFO's and other conspiracy theories when something like this comes along everyone just says, "oh that's just electromagnetic levitation".

However, when someone posts a photo of some blurry lights in the sky we begin speculating about whether they are greys or zeta reticulans or whatever.

Actually, it isn't completely trivial to stably levitate an object electromagnetically.

There's a variety of ways to do it, but none completely trivial.

Other ways of suspending it include the Lenz effect, the Meissner effect, a current of air, electrostatic repulsion, helium or hydrogen or possibly vacuum filled vessel, laser suspension, electric fan, chemical propulsion, etc.

Suspending 11 pounds without setting fire to something will certainly be an achievement. Good luck. I look forward to seeing a video.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
this is amazing!

I want one! hehe

It would look good on my desk

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Lulz this thread is full of delusional people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join