It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i created a levitating aluminum model replica of the Bob Lazar 'Sport Model'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'd love one of these! If you need help on packaging and nameplate work, I'm a graphic designer and I have done work for replicas of Galaxy Quest and Star Trek items. I sent you a PM.

Also, consider posting about selling this on the Replica Prop Forum. There is a pretty big buying audience there. You have to make so many posts before you sell there so you may want to sign up right away.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Absoluyely fantastic!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Can someone repost the pics on ATS media. I can’t see the pictures as posted by the OP.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

I kind of figured the center of gravity thing was important.

I'm familiar with neo magnets, I've learned that accidentally getting some palm-skin caught up between them as they smack together is a good way to keep them from shattering each other. Painful, though.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
this is wonderful, was only thinking about anti-grav yesterday (is it anti-grav?)

do have videos, or anything that shows this isn't just clever trickery with magnets?

(always skeptical with stuff I read)

lawl XD. If you build an anti gravity device, you are looking at becoming a trillionaire.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by h4y6d2e
reply to post by tjack

the weight needs to be evenly dispersed. while the levitating magnet is kind of 'locked' in place - it doesn't take much to knock it out of its sweet spot and it will then SLAM to base. a simple poke will do. ever had two fairly large neodymium magnets slam into each other due to magnetic attraction? it's crazy powerful and can end up damaging (scratching/denting) the base top or worse - fracturing the ring magnet below. definitely an issue with a weighty aluminum disc hovering above. the errant curious finger pokes at it or the power fails then BAM.

the floating magnet platform comes with a rubber 'cup' that it nestles into to try to help prevent damage. don't know that i will be using metal for the base top. looking into other options. don't want to damage the base or scratch/dent the aluminum disc.
edit on 6-9-2011 by h4y6d2e because: (no reason given)

May I make a suggestion ,how about a carbon fibre topped base that would look super cool and carry your superb quality through the whole product. Also it would be strong but hopefully not damage the disc if the power failed.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I would love one of these. The solid ufo looks really good, I would prefer the base a little more subtle, maybe black but thats just personal preference. If you get a list together on here for a dtart up model then please add me as I am very interested. Maybe in the future you could branch out and change the billet peice to popular models of cars etc... I own a 20 year old VW Golf and I would love floating one made out of aluminium

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

An absolutely lovely idea. Looks great. Worthy of further development, engineering wise and commercially.
What a potential, regardless of how much it would cost. Its the sort of thing that cannot fail to put smiles on peoples faces, its an attention grabber. Well done, and thanks for sharing it on ATS. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

Looks great!
You need to anodize it white and sell them here:Model Trains & Aircraft
Make a mold to mass produce them. It's a great paperweight.
-------------
You should start on a Top Hat version.
------------
A poster would also sell very well. Make it look like my Avatar.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
this is wonderful, was only thinking about anti-grav yesterday (is it anti-grav?)

do have videos, or anything that shows this isn't just clever trickery with magnets?

(always skeptical with stuff I read)

If you want antigravity, then you will have to stop every particle in your body from spinning. Particles are always in a state of free fall towards each other, while the particle falls there is a friction on the fabric of space, this induces the spinning motion, and thus gravity is explained. Energy naturally wants to be in a state of higher order, there is however a force which counteracts this which is the same force that caused the big bang and universal expansion --> that force was time, which expanded the most during a collapse of a singularity's super-symmetrical nature.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

I think Thomas Townsend Brown found a better solution a long time ago.
Thomas Townsend Brown
----------
It looks like he came close to a solution.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nice design work! If you put a magnets in it and an alternating coil in the base you could make it spin. Get it going fast enough and the gyroscopic effect could make for interesting results.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
I would love one of these. The solid ufo looks really good, I would prefer the base a little more subtle, maybe black but thats just personal preference.

the final bases will be a little different but it will not be silver topped. black, sandy scenic, etc is probaby where it would go.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
I would love one of these. The solid ufo looks really good, I would prefer the base a little more subtle, maybe black but thats just personal preference.

the final bases will be a little different but it will not be silver topped. black, sandy scenic, etc is probaby where it would go.

I suggest you make it out 6063 Aluminium.
-------------
Try to get it on Amazon.com.
Good luck!

Any chance of scaling it up?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Seriously awesome. You should manufacture and sell these. I would buy several. Very, very cool looking.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

OMG! I totally need one of these for my daughter and husband for christmas presents. These are killer! you rock!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
you have another fan here this will look perfect in my one bedroom apartment thats already covered with newspaper clippings and maps of the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Nice! Now did you just put magnets on the top of the inside and put some on the downside and make them non opposite charges, or is it more complicated than that?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

hey guys,

i am currently working with a French inventor who invented electromagnetic static levitation to construct a replica of the famous Bob Lazar 'Sport Model' craft. the craft is made from solid aluminum which i had machined to the exact specifications of the Testors kit.

currently - the prototype is 5" diameter and 1.5" tall. i am working on my options to best apply the black 'port holes' and ring. the prototype silently hovers .75" and holds approximated 14oz. but the new base i am having built will be able to hold 11 POUNDS at a hover height of 2.5". i believe i will make an 6-8" disc for the final piece.

a new system has been developed so that the levitating magnet platform has LEDs that are powered by induction technology, so i am thinking that my next model will be a lit version the 'TR-3B' because i believe that that craft is ours and i think these 2 best represent their respective class of craft (even if they've been stylized by human artists).

what do you guys think?

edit on 9-6-2011 by Springer because: removed image per the author's request

Nice, truly nice. Are you making more, I would love to buy one from you. Seriously, you could make a killing selling those things. As I said before, I would love to buy one from you if your selling any.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This thread is awesome. I want to make one.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join