It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam a genuine threat?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

We have to ask ourselves, what is the cause, what motivates these terrorists?

There is no central authority (like the Pope lol), and the Quran DOES wage a holy war on Kafirs, it does mention Jihad over 150 times. Of course there are moderates in all belief system, but generally the "moderates" are less consistant with the texts which their religion is founded on.

People still burn witches in Christian communities, perhaps not in America, but don't quote me on that.

We need to look at what motivates people, the specific verses.

Take a Christian nation like America, You'd think they'd be capable of atrocious acts in the Old Testament? but the truth is most "moderate" Christians in America, havn't even read the bible, and evolved past the barbaric morality of the Old Testament and ancient Abrahamic laws. Some impoverished countries, simply havn't.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Absolutely laughable and at the same time down right frightening that anyone would think christianity is a greater threat then Islam especially after World War 2 and 9/11.Islamic world loves their mosque people more than they love your life and freedom.
Also not one single Islamic nation on the entire planet any where that supports anything Israel does to protect themselves from terrorist attacks.Every muslim controlled nation sides agaisnt Israel in politics on every possible issue their is.How in the world do these people get this scary of blind hatred?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget
reply to post by MrXYZ

We have to ask ourselves, what is the cause, what motivates these terrorists?

There is no central authority (like the Pope lol), and the Quran DOES wage a holy war on Kafirs, it does mention Jihad over 150 times. Of course there are moderates in all belief system, but generally the "moderates" are less consistant with the texts which their religion is founded on.

People still burn witches in Christian communities, perhaps not in America, but don't quote me on that.

We need to look at what motivates people, the specific verses.

Take a Christian nation like America, You'd think they'd be capable of atrocious acts in the Old Testament? but the truth is most "moderate" Christians in America, havn't even read the bible, and evolved past the barbaric morality of the Old Testament and ancient Abrahamic laws. Some impoverished countries, simply havn't.

But that's exactly it, only a small minority takes those texts literally. Like the nutjobs believing the earth is only 6,000 years old, or that you really get virgins for blowing yourself up, or that genocide is ok as long as god does it, and so on. To anyone with a brain living today these things lound CRAZY, but luckily, only a small minority still deludes themselves into believing that nonsense.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Have you been to the middle-east?

Have you studied the groups there, What about theocracies such as Iran?

Don't be so sure about a minority. People take the QuRan very seriously, and in many theocratic states the majority agree that stoning women is "ok".
edit on 5/9/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nearlyfabled
These laws aren't based on logic. They're what God ordered.

Truer words were never spoken.
That's an issue with all religion, not just Islam.
Lack of logic.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
All muslims love thier mosque more than they love their fellow mankind.Some christians do this also.Realy the people and body of Christ have nothing to do with a building.The church is the people and Jesus Christ accepts All of those who came just as they are and repent.You don't need a preist,you don't need a chruch building,you don't need a formality of words,you don't need political correct speeches,you don't need a different brand of religion,you don't need any kind of symbols or rituals.
You come as you are straight to Christ and repent no matter where you are at or what you have done in your past and you will be forgiven.You must do it with all your heart and soul and not in ritualistic ways.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
When people hear Islam, they automatically think about terrorists. In essence a whole people are grouped together with a lunatic MINORITY.

You might just as well ask "is Christianity a genuine threat?" because of some Christian lunatics like the Norwegian shooter.

Somehow, it's ok to generalize an entire people...if they're Muslim...but not ok if they're Christian. Double standards much?

First they (terrorists) have the passive support of the MAJORITY of muslims as polls show.

Seondly terrorism isn't the main threat - it is the stealth ratchet Jihad of 'islamification' of the Western world that will turn Europe for instance, into a muslim majority continent within a few generations.

Thirdly the real real threat is not muslims it is people like you who have been propagandised to hate the Western world so much that they would rather see muslims destroy it than have it continue.

And no - comparing Christian extremists today to Islamic jihadists, is not in any way a sane or reasonable comparison, neither was the Norway shooter motivated by Christianity.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Don't be so sure about a minority. People take the QuRan very seriously, and in many theocratic states the majority agree that stoning women is "ok".

I spent 3.5yrs working in the Middle East, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain. In short, yes, I know what I'm talking about...and the stuff you complain about is committed by a small minority or the ruling class, not the people or religion in general. I've even sold hotels close to Mekkah. FYI, I've never been treated badly, not even when I was the only white person (I could see) during Ramadan in Dammam.

Now let me ask you, have you been to the Middle East?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I spent 3.5yrs working in the Middle East, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain. In short, yes, I know what I'm talking about...and the stuff you complain about is committed by a small minority or the ruling class, not the people or religion in general. I've even sold hotels close to Mekkah. FYI, I've never been treated badly, not even when I was the only white person (I could see) during Ramadan in Dammam.

Go into a mosque and see if you are treated with open arms or in ritualistic ways.See the huge difference is when you go to Islam you must live by thier rules or you are thrown out of the community or looked down apon.Jesus Christ invites you no matter what you have done or where you have come from or how you dress.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

And no - comparing Christian extremists today to Islamic jihadists, is not in any way a sane or reasonable comparison, neither was the Norway shooter motivated by Christianity.

You obviously didn't read his manifesto

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
However Jesus warns that you are always in danger of losing your faith in Christ and you will suffer greaty for putting your faith and trust in Him first.Why He says to repent and sin no more.But also says you will be forgiven if you repent and mean it.Also why Jesus said people should pray in corners quietly and not in a ritualistic way.Also why Jesus says you are to confess sins to one another so you can heal the pain you have caused each other maybe in the past,and also so you can forgive each other of something you did that hurt yourself or another person.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

reply to post by MrXYZ

Go into a mosque and see if you are treated with open arms or in ritualistic ways.See the huge difference is when you go to Islam you must live by thier rules or you are thrown out of the community or looked down apon.Jesus Christ invites you no matter what you have done or where you have come from or how you dress.

Mhhhh, as you might have guessed, I'm an atheist...and have to declare that when getting a Saudi visa for example. It was never an issue, and I've been to a ton of mosques when sight-seeing. Never had an issue, not once.

I've also been invited by complete strangers while being in the Middle East.

You find friendly people everywhere, it's not a Christian monopoly

My guess is, you've never really been to the Middle East and just get your paranoia opinions about Muslims from FAUX "News"...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Because the muslims do not do this stuff a mentioned above is why their world always has tribal warfare and hatred towards one anotehr and hatred towards their enemies and is also why they value and love their religion and mosque more than they love God and love their fellow mankind.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

reply to post by MrXYZ

Mhhhh, as you might have guessed, I'm an atheist...and have to declare that when getting a Saudi visa for example. It was never an issue, and I've been to a ton of mosques when sight-seeing. Never had an issue, not once.

I've also been invited by complete strangers while being in the Middle East.

You find friendly people everywhere, it's not a Christian monopoly

My guess is, you've never really been to the Middle East and just get your paranoia opinions about Muslims from FAUX "News"...

Dude...Become a muslim then get back to me and realize the truth about them.You will have to do these things in order to live with them.But some christians do this stuff also.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Good on you, of course, I have to rely on your anecdotal "evidence"; which still doesn't say much about what the majority think, or how the majority vote.

And it's not as if you were involved in communities with militias roaming the streets.

Fact is, offenses are still being punished with barbaric ancient laws:-

Sakineh Mohammadie Ashtiani, a 42 year old mother of two, is expected to be stoned to death as early as today. In 1999, she was convicted of adultery. She already received 99 lashes for the "offense". If she is executed, she will be buried up to her chest and then pelted with rocks. Death will most likely be slow and painful.

As laws currently stand, no. Iran is a theocracy. In other words, religious laws and criminal laws are one and the same.

Note "convicted" - This is a matter of state law, if the majority objected, evil deeds like this wouldn't go ahead. Unfortunately it's backed by scripture, which many support and put "faith" in.

I'm not saying they're all terrorists, but they do evil things based on scripture, and the terrorists certainly quote scripture to promote their agenda, or even before they blow themselves up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11f0c1ede2bf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Frist off it is FOX news..Not FAUX which all ready tells me your trying to distort honest truth.Or tell a Lie.Fox news is not God for crying out loud and neither are they always telling the truth.Also Fox news is merely just humans beings just like any other news network is.Guess what also,never does Jesus mention what political agenda you must be bound to.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am not a scholar, nor extremely religious per se. I was born, raised Christian, and realize the religion throughout history is not without faults.
That being said: currently, I know of no organized Christian sect that is a daily/weekly/monthly threat to various peace-loving, freedom enjoying people on the planet (please do not comment here that the USA is such an organization, or the MIC). Amazing that someone can poke fun at Jesus/God/Mary (statues/paintings being urinated come to mind?), and my first reaction is not to condemn that person to death. It is 2011, not the Middle Ages anymore. The consequences of a rogue, Islamic (or Christian, if you still think the danger is equal) fundamentalist group getting ahold of a loose atomic device, and using it, are great- and unimaginable.
It would be nice, but extremely ignorant to think that if we (USA) yanked all of our troops out of every country that didn't want us there, the world would become a safer place to live. Read that sentence again, and ask yourself if you believe that would, or possibly could happen. I don't.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Turkey somehow depises the violence being commited by Bashir Assad on His own muslims people(tribal warfare).Then suddenly Turkey is agaisnt Israel for protecting themselves from exetremist lunatics in Palestine who do the exact identical crap Bashir Assad is doing.More tribal warfare that never stops because they are ignorant of real love of mankind.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by JohhnyBGood

You obviously didn't read his manifesto

Breivik writes in his manifesto that he is not religious, has doubts about God's existence, does not pray, but does assert the primacy of Europe's "Christian culture" as well as his own pagan Nordic culture.

... [He also] affirms: "As for the Church and science, it is essential that science takes an undisputed precedence over biblical teachings. ... Regarding my personal relationship with God, I guess I'm not an excessively religious man. I am first and foremost a man of logic. However, I am a supporter of a monocultural Christian Europe."

"As this is a cultural war, our definition of being a Christian does not necessarily constitute that you are required to have a personal relationship with God or Jesus," he writes. "Being a Christian can mean many things; That you believe in and want to protect Europe's Christian cultural heritage. ... It is not required that you have a personal relationship with God or Jesus in order to fight for our Christian cultural heritage and the European way. ... It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy (Christian holidays, Christmas and Easter)). The PCCTS, Knights Templar is therefore not a religious organisation [sic] but rather a Christian 'culturalist' military order."

Over and over again, Breivik goes out of his way to make clear to readers of his manifesto that he is not motivated by Christian faith. "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie," he says. "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment.

www.freerepublic.com...

Well it certainly seems that you didn't! - but doesn't stop you making authoratative pronouncements about it - much like your ignorant apologies for Islam!
edit on 5-9-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: lnk

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
To answer the OP, I think it might be.

You see, unlike the Bible (Or Torah for that matter), The Quran is meant to be taken literally. In the Christian Bible there may be verses that can be interpreted as being 'violent', but you look at scripture in relation to scripture and the overall theme is loving others.

According to the Quran itself, when there are conflicting verses, the one written later (More towards the end) is the one you must follow. The beginning of the Quran has messages of peace, but verses toward the end are explicitly more violent. This means, to many Muslims, that Jihad / violence toward infidels is praiseworthy.

Christianity has its problems too, though. If you really want Truth, you don't have to search for it in a book. Look within your own heart through meditation. After all, "The Kingdom of God is within"

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join