It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've typed up a flyer that I'm going to pass out at church and then possibly put it on every windo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Ok so this is just a test flyer I'm going to pass out at church this morning. I've been debating my other libertarian friend and he's in NY right now. He believes that the people in Wall Street are helping the country but I compare to most of the people on Wall Street as leeches, glorified gamblers playing the biggest game of all with their bets, not in Las Vegas but in NY. When I told my friend that all they're doing is gambling on different companies he replied by saying "They're actually helping the economy because they are investing in small starting companies helping them get into business." in which I replied "that most of these geniouses that Fannie May and Freddie Mac are taking from college are helping destroy the country by coming up with such things as derivatives and betting on whatever company will make them profit, not for the fact that they're trying to help the "underdog" like on the movie Wall Street but the second the company they invest in starts going under they'll just sell out without even remotely carrying about the company cuz all the want is MONEY." Anyways I'm passing out a short flyer for Ron Paul and I want some feedback on it good or bad as well as some guidance if any of the facts I posted are untrue so please let me know how you all feel!

What would you want?
- $10,000 worth of paper or $10,000 worth of Gold?
10 years from now what will you need?
- $10,000 worth of Gold or $10,000 worth of BULLETS?

Do you believe in the inalienable rights of American Citizens?
Do you believe that you have the right to do what you want in the privacy of your own home as long as you’re not infringing on another person’s rights?
Is it right that our country has imprisoned more of its own population than any other country in the world? 5.6 million Americans have been imprisoned or are in prison – 1 out of every 37 Americans are in prison, 1 in 4 of every prisoner is there because of non-violent crimes most notably drug offences. And you’re paying for it all.

Ron Paul for President in 2012

Ron Paul Believes in personal freedom and is essentially a Libertarian but because of the domination of the 2 party system he is running as a Republican. But don’t let that fool you into thinking he’s just another one of those idiots in Congress in which BOTH parties have been debating constantly and coming up with nothing. His only chance for the presidency is running as a Republican but I encourage everybody including the African-American and Latino population to do some research and not to just discriminate him because he’s had to side with some party just for the chance of Presidency.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

-Declaration of Independence-

I don't think I could post all the bold and italic and bigger sized fonts but the entire flyer takes up the entire page.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

10 years from now what will you need? - $10,000 worth of Gold or $10,000 worth of BULLETS?

in my opinion, a bit too hard, too violent. could discourage alot of people.
you try to shock (for a wake-up, i guess), but it would be better to convince.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Do you think you'd be doing Mr. Paul a favour with this flier?

Have you called and asked for his (or his offices') opinion?

You could be doing more harm than good to the campaign... but, perhaps that's your intention all along, hmm?
edit on 4-9-2011 by Pr0t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0

You could be doing more harm than good to the campaign... but, perhaps that's your intention all along, hmm?
edit on 4-9-2011 by Pr0t0 because: (no reason given)

Ah cut it out.. I guarantee that's not his intention

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I have two either/or suggestions..

Maybe head the flier with something catchy like "God Loves Freedom".. that may be a bit tacky, but you get the idea. Something about how God/Jesus would want us to be free. You could even use Bible verses to back up Ronnie's views.. "Would Jesus torture?", "The only thing that got Jesus mad enough to become aggressive were the money-changers at the temple.. Ron Paul has spent his political career fighting the money-changers at the Fed", "Government is not our God", stuff like that

The other idea is to expose Rick Perry. You can bet a huge portion of Perry's support is going to come from the church, so hit it where it counts. Talk about the forced-Guardisil bill, his mingling with the eugenicist Satanists that attend Builderberg (he attended in 07), etc etc..

Great idea though.. in theory, Christians should love Ron Paul. I think that's why MSM tries to put words in his mouth like him "wanting to legalize heroin" and what not.. to scare them away from him. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

How do you guarantee that? Hasn't the media intentionally igniored Pauls victory of straw polls and opinion polls over recent months and do you not think the'elite' want this man shut up by any means necessary? One of those means, I GUARANTEE, is through the spreading of propaganda that will paint his supporters as a threat - the type of far right gun toting white supremist lone wolf terrorist. That's what 'they' WOULD do.

If the intention is to circulate fliers for the campaign I suggest speaking with Dr. Pauls office who will have pre-approved material that I am sure they will provide and allow you to spread without fear of reprisal from the ideological message being distorted. What if he doesn't agree with your statements? Is that not then slander? Libelous, even?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Okay you all have valid points but I do think that if/when the SHTF than bullets will be the most valuable currency of all. I'm not trying to say it to scare people but to get them to think that if the current situation keeps building up like it is than we're screwed. Remember I'm trying to post these on 1 page fliers that have that can grab people's attention and make them think. I can't add too much or I doubt people will read it. Okay so I'll try and tone it down and add something from the Bible to see how the people at the First United Methodist church respond. Do you think there's any links I can post on the flyer that'll help them open up thier eyes. And the reason why I mention bullets is that I think it's a great analogy that'll make people read it. Anyways lemme post a slightly different version and give me your honest opinion. But please give me some strong links for videos or speeches that will help these people understand better along with some other points I should make. Do you think I put too much of the Declaration on it? This is a test run before I go up and down main street taping these down. Also do you think I should put my name on it? I'm on probation and I know I'm acting out my perfectly legal rights but do you think I could get harrassed or possibly charged for "littering the streets" or something? Help me so I can get wake some people up in the NW my family is already involved in local citry government and I'm friends with the old and new mayors as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The thing about shtf is that it is not a commonly held belief. In order to convince a more mainstream (and FUMC is definitely about as mainstream as you get in the US as church goes...) audience, you have to HAVE TO leave out the out-there stuff. Even though it might be yknow... right and all, it's best to leave out anything "normal" people (quasi-sheeple and/or actual sheeple) might think sounds "crazy". Cater to the audience, try to put yourself in their shoes.

What we don't want is for Ron Paul to be broadly associated with "conspiracy nuts" and the rest of the "lunatic fringe", which is what THEY think the likes of us who post here on ATS are, by and large. What might fly here doesn't really much get off the ground with most people. In fact, a lot of it makes 'em very uncomfortable.

So, basically... tone it down a bit and leave out any shtf and/or conspiracy stuff, because it creeps out the normies and will do more harm than good.

Edit to add:

Found this: www.ronpaulwasright.net... in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... Good example of the right way to do it imho.

Good luck!
edit on 4-9-2011 by nithaiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Don't forget to mention that Ron Paul will turn over personal freedoms guaranteed by the US Constitution to the whim of the majority in the states and he will allow the states to decide whether or not to discriminate against women and gay people.
Of course, that would probably make the religious people all warm and fuzzy inside.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
OK here's the church version please let me know if I'm correct and if not I would like a list of links that I can tell about to everybody in church. Once again it won't paste the way I set everything up on the flyer

What would you want?
- $10,000 worth of paper or $10,000 worth of Gold?

God loves Freedom
Do you believe in the inalienable rights of American Citizens?
Do you believe that you have the right to do what you want in the privacy of your own home as long as you’re not infringing on another person’s rights?
Is it right that our country has imprisoned more of its own population than any other country in the world? 5.6 million Americans have been imprisoned or are in prison – 1 out of every 37 Americans are in prison, 1 in 4 of every prisoner is there because of non-violent crimes most notably drug offences. And you’re paying for it all.
Ron Paul for President in 2012
Jesus was not a violent person but the only time he became aggressive and angry is when he saw the money changers inside the Temple which in today’s standards you can compare to the FED (which is not a part of the government as some believe but is a privately run company) and why Ron Paul thinks it should be shutdown
Ron Paul Believes in personal freedom and is essentially a Libertarian but because of the domination of the 2 party system he is running as a Republican. But don’t let that fool you into thinking he’s just another one of those idiots in Congress in which BOTH parties have been debating constantly and coming up with nothing. His only chance for the presidency is running as a Republican but I encourage everybody including the African-American and Latino population to do some research and not to just discriminate him because he’s had to side with some party just for the chance of Presidency.
Why Christians shouldn’t support Rick Perry who is running against Ron Paul: Rick got many contributions from the church but is far from Christian. He legalized the Guardisil bill forcing kids in elementary schools to get vaccinated which later was repealed because the side effects gave the kids diseases while Rick was getting money from the Pharma company that were making billions from these forced shots. But the best reason is because Rick Perry associates himself with the Eugenists Stananists at Biulderburg which he attended in 07.
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to affect their Safety and Happiness
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

-Declaration of Independence-

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You're going to pass these out at CHURCH? Do you want them to lose their no tax status? Seperation of church and state, you see.

I guarantee you'll come across as a moonbat and when people who don't know RP see his name on the ballot, they will remember this and vote for anybody else but RP.

But don't let that stop you...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Don't forget to mention that Ron Paul will turn over personal freedoms guaranteed by the US Constitution to the whim of the majority in the states and he will allow the states to decide whether or not to discriminate against women and gay people. Of course, that would probably make the religious people all warm and fuzzy inside.

Nice, real nice. Thanks for insulting so many good people with one uneducated, bigoted statement.:shk:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

GO FOR IT!

st. paul is worth it!!!

he loves you!!!

in a libertarian way, of course.

just dooooooooooo it!!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Thanks for insulting so many good people with one uneducated, bigoted statement.

Like it or not, most religious people DON'T support equal rights for women and gay people. If it's an insult, then so be it. I stand by it.

But to portray Ron Paul as a bastion of personal freedom is a bit skewed. He only supports freedoms that HE agrees with. You can bet he would DEMAND that all states respect the 2nd amendment. He's not going to turn gun rights over the the states and allow them to make guns illegal in some states... (which is good) but for him to be consistent, he should also protect ALL people of the country against government-infringement into our personal lives. He doesn't practice what he preaches.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I am not a RP supporter but I think your flyer is way to sensationalist. There are too many references to groups and people that one would only recognize if you frequent this board.

The goal of material of this nature should be to be short, and simple, without implying in any way that the reader is stupid or ignorant. Don't go over board on text, or it will not get read...it WILL get tossed.

Pick three topics. Develop into 3 simple paragraphs. State facts and site source.
Nobody wants to read you rant on about your opinion, they have one of their own.

And like any great advertisement, which is what this essentially is, conclude with a call to action.
Really, read up on effective advertising methodology. Don't go it willy nilly, if you truly want to be successful.

You can believe your opponents have special teams of people educated in this.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Here, try this.
www.trainersdirect.com...&Marketing/AdvertisingCopy.htm

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for insulting so many good people with one uneducated, bigoted statement.

Like it or not, most religious people DON'T support equal rights for women and gay people. If it's an insult, then so be it. I stand by it.

Fine. As long as you admit to being a bigot. But I would suggest that you change your "No H8" avvie, or else admit to being a hypocritical bigot.

But to portray Ron Paul as a bastion of personal freedom is a bit skewed. He only supports freedoms that HE agrees with. You can bet he would DEMAND that all states respect the 2nd amendment. He's not going to turn gun rights over the the states and allow them to make guns illegal in some states... (which is good) but for him to be consistent, he should also protect ALL people of the country against government-infringement into our personal lives. He doesn't practice what he preaches.

And all of that has absolutely nothing to do with the great number of good people who are religious. So why did you need to besmirch them? Because you cannot tolerate the 1st Amendment and outlooks that differ from your atheist outlook? That's a rhetorical question; I don't really care why you think the way you do.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Fine. As long as you admit to being a bigot.

I do not. I do not regard religious people with hatred. I was stating a simple fact: Most religions do not support women's reproductive rights and equality for gays. Stating this fact doesn't make me a bigot. But if you wish to call me that, feel free.

And all of that has absolutely nothing to do with the great number of good people who are religious.

Right. I was talking about Ron Paul there, not religious people. I don't know why you're mixing the two.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Uhhhh....What?

I'll say it over and over...Ron Paul's biggest problem right now is that he is viewed as being a bit crazy and very extreme.

Flyers like this just re-enforce that.

But since I'm not a big Ron Paul fan...I actually don't care...continue to make him look extreme.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s

Yeah, I don't get why you are asking if we will want $10,000 worth of bullets 10 years from now. Are you saying that if we don't elect Ron paul everyone is going to go on a shooting spree 10 years from now?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join