It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, please listen to this.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
I CAN NOT BELIEVE, some of you, bitching about america, bitching a whining, and never once thinking about how THANKFUL YOU SHOULD BE, a meal everyday, clothing on your backs, a roof over your heads. most of the rest of the world has nothing even close to what we have

LOL. You need to travel more if you sincerly believe that. I am not not trying to be mean in the slightest but your opinion of america and the rest of the world is severly warped. You even forget that europeans and hard work by all the immigrants made america what it is today and the industrial revolution started in europe..britain to be exact!

Most of the technological feats enjoyed by the modern world came as a result of WW2 and the nazi scientists that came to america to escape capture and death from hitler. Only hard work brings progress so no one needs to be thankful of anything unless your a welfare scam artist rellying on the government to exist. Sorry most people work extremelly hard to make ends meet, more so now than in the past, and to have the rich industrialists continuing to exploit the working class is disgraceful of them.

i am a poor poor bastard, (poor by american standards, a king in the rest of the world) i make a total of 9k a year, in a one bedroom i share with my daughter, and about taxes, i dont like em either, but the very second my house is on fire, or something (GOD FORBID) happens to my daughter, i will be quite happy, and content, that we have reasonable protection and help. or when a tornado rips thru your town, and because we abolished our government and taxes, your county might be one without a volunteer emergency response team. or your grandma is dying in your arms, and we got rid of 911 because it isnt funded. taxes serve a purpose.

Yes both taxes and volunteers serve a purpose, the "only" problem in america is there is too much money being wasted on covert projects(bailing out foreign nations) and wars, with little going where it needs to go here in the USA.

ya know, i kinda feel strange defending america this way, im usually not that type of guy. but some foreigner coming along and bad mouthing a country that isnt his, bugs me. i have recently rethought EVERY idea ive had, ideas and morals that made up who i am, and the naivety of those ideas, for me to assume that my common thoughts, my common opinions, without any real study or real research into these subjects; that my opinion and thoughts were the right ones, and everyone else, if they didnt agree, was wrong. that my common opinons were the right political, military, and economic decisions for the country. i now realize that they were not, and that to assume that i know what the right thing to do for hundreds of millions of people, is wrong. now, before forming an opinion on a given subject, i think very carefully and try to understand every aspect and perspective on that subject that i can, so that i end in what is hopefully some sort of middle ground.

to me it seems like you (OP) is the extremist, anarchist, and disgruntled, possibly jelousy, fearful, or going off the opinion of your peers, rather than forming an opinion of your own (to form such a strong anti-american idea).

ONLY thing that is really horrible in america is the CIA, but every country has one of those
edit on 5-9-2011 by primoaurelius because: extra stuff

Right wingers care for the rich and the left wingers care for everyone else. Its really that simple and everything else is irrellevant.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

not seen as mean, dont worry, i love a good debate, i know some people will agree and some disagree.

"most people work hard to make ends meet," yeah, non americans, yeah some of us are pushing on drilling rigs, digging trenches in construction sites, etc, etc, but our pay off is much better than most.

i dunno, maybe my world view is warped, but so is everyone elses, only seen from their own perspective, none of us have all the answers, none of us even come close to having all the answers. we know our thoughts and our perspective, and we throw a few facts in there,, and a few things that we really really really feel is truth, and from that we get our opinions. i dont claim that my government isnt/hasnt done things that are far beyond questionable, matter of fact i dont even much like my government. there are many things i would change, BUT, a government will always be there. laws will always be in place and there will always be someone or something to help enforce those laws. i know shi**y people are apart of this government, but to say that they absolutly do not care in any way whatsoever is just not true. maybe some of them do, that is probably true, but if the majority of americans felt that we are being wronged we would do something about it. ive traveled many, many places, and i know there is incredible beauty all throughout the world, but i dunno, maybe its because ive been raised here, but the redwood forest, yellowstone, grand canyon, hell even las vegas, all of them just speak to me, callin me home.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

You do misunderstand me. You mistake me for someone who trusts and believes in their government. Not everyone was told about the crookedness of their leaders at an early age. Some people don't bother to dig around for facts to be an informed citizen. You can't reason with people who are afraid to face the truth of whats going on around them. I don't blame people because deep down I know there are good americans out there with their hearts in the right place. They need something to believe in, they are just putting their faith in the wrong things.

edit on 9/5/2011 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
to me it seems like you (OP) is the extremist, anarchist, and disgruntled, possibly jelousy, fearful, or going off the opinion of your peers, rather than forming an opinion of your own (to form such a strong anti-american idea).

Attempting to shame/insult/humiliate me into silence is not going to work, I'm sorry. You're definitely not the first person to attempt that tactic; and I'm sure you won't be the last. You're probably not familiar with the logical fallacy known as argumentum ad hominem. It's where you try to attack the individual making an argument, rather than the argument itself, because the argument itself isn't something you have a rational counter-argument for.

As I've already said, your argument doesn't consist of anything other than jingoistic, condescending, paternalistic bluster. You can write as many pages of that as you want; but it's essentially repetitive, and will be entirely ignored.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I will ask you this whose fault is it that they don’t bother to dig around and search out the facts? It’s not your fault they don’t do this it’s not my fault they don’t do this it is there fault they are too lazy, unmotivated, scared to do this. How can you expect any government to protect its people when the people themselves are not worried about protecting themselves?

We do not work for the government, the government works for us... well for this to be true people have to be willing to hold their government accountable which is impossible to do with their head so far up their own backside that their also wearing a brown belts.

Saying that the people are not at fault because they are good hearted and have miss placed there trust is sad. If i were to be out on the street of any major city and ask a stranger to hold my brand new laptop and he ran away with it, would i not be partially at fault for trusting the random person?
Ignorance is a handicap that can be overcome with just a little effort on the part of the afflicted.

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Your response is possibly one of the worst I've seen here.
May I suggest you "THINK" you are "smarter" than others...
I suggest you visit your local library and begin to read.
Human history is not what "We" were always taught.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yea, OK Op. Let's just let the government continue on it's path of destruction while taking money from the people to fund it.
Let's just stick our heads in the sand and allow the UN to control our laws, our land, and our people.
No OP, no. Bad Op.
Anything worth doing takes time. Don't be upset Op when the world doesn't go your way right away.
We're dealing with 10, 50, 100 year cycles here, don't fret when we don't get a fast food answer.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Get BSD certification, and stop using a corporate produced, insecure, malware-infested operating system for connecting to the Internet. The BSDs are open source, and completely monetarily free. If you use them, you can have complete control over what you do with your computer.

I'm using Windows 7. It was "produced" by a very competent American corporation. My computer does not have any "malware" on it, nor is it "insecure." I have "complete control" over what I do with my computer, with the added bonuses of incredible simplicity and productivity. Whether the software I use is open source or not is of no concern to me. I have no qualms about rewarding the programers who wrote the software I benefit from every day, be it Windows, Office, Norton, Final Draft, DreamWeaver, etc.

If I was, for whatever reason, overly paranoid (such as yourself), I could always encrypt my data and "connect to the internet" using an encrypted VPN.

Me thinks there's no reason for anybody here to adopt your "BSD certification" nor does one's software choices have any relevance in a political debate.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Right wingers care for the rich and the left wingers care for everyone else. Its really that simple and everything else is irrellevant.

You were doing ok till that line... Neither of them care for anyone but themselves! They play the left v right paradigm like a fiddle and have folks singing along... Sigh

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrion
In my opinion, We love our country not our Government. Americans are proud to be Americans and have extreme pride. Im saddened that you dont have this same pride for your country, Sounds like jealousy to the max. I see Ron Paul as HOPE just because you have no hope left for your country dont try and steal ours away from us.

This isn't about America, this is about the world itself. The world trade centers, were not an american thing, they were literally the center for the world economy. Just as the UN building, is the center for world cooperation.

You won WWII, and everyone was greatful that you did. The Germans were the most advanced nation, both culturally and intellectually, and to the whole world. The US looked as they would take this legacy and carry on the lantern, in a more humane way.

What did you do? You chose GW Bush, into office. First the father, and then the son. And what else, you brought the man who downgraded the Mai Lai incident, into the UN and had him lie into the face of the world, so that you could have your wars. Is this something you are proud of?

We trusted you, we put our faith in you and what did you do? You brought down world economy to it's knees, to satisfy your own vendetta, which never was yours to begin with. You failed your purpose, you failed the protection and the trust that was given you.

In Europe we had to fight for a thousand years, to free ourselves of the slavery and oppression, from the Kings and Queens of Europe. To free ourselves from the elite. Through the ashes of the world wars, we rose and built a new world for ourselves, where everyone was able to obtain a job.

What did you do? You bring an end to the world we fought to obtain, and you bring us to our knees against the very oppressors we fought to free ourselves from. The discriminating oppression of those who are elite, have more money, greater this or greater that.

You must be enourmously proud of yourself ... for all the millions of people, that sacrificed their lives, and trusted you with their legacy, just so that you could betray their decentants.

edit on 6-9-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You know what I get really tired of? People who lump the good Americans in with the idiots. Not all Americans want to shove their way of life and their government down others' throats. I speak for myself in this, but I would much rather work on aiming to make MY HOME COUNTRY a better place before I go staring down the sights to another.

No thank you. Other countries have their way of operating, I respect that. But America has their own way. Of course you're going to get the ##SNIP## that are going to be all up your butt, why? Because its threads like these, and words like these, that provoke them. Saying you hate America to an American is like punching a sleeping bear in the face.

And this goes for other countries as well. I'm sure people will go nuts if I said 'I hate Britain' or 'I hate Germany' or 'I hate Iraq' or 'I hate Russia' just because I make assumptions about the people living there. Or even worse. I'm pretty sure people will have a wildfire lit underneath them if I blatantly said 'The bible's a lie.'.

edit on Tue Sep 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: profanity removed

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by petrus4

ROFLMAO.

Abandon my government ?

Don't vote ?

Me thinks you know way less about my country than you are letting on.

It doesn't work that way. You can't "ignore" a government and think that solves all of your problems. You use government for a vehicle of change. And the only reason , by the way, we say our country is the best is not because it's our country, but because it is the

WORLDS GREATEST SUPER POWER !!!

edit on 4-9-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

With no national health care. A social support system which is nothing compared to the rest of the developed world. And non government funded free health clinics with volunteer doctors because any low income or unemployed American who can't afford health Insurance would die of easliy treated illness other wise. Other countries are just as wealthy it's just more important to have national health care rather than a super carrier.

But hey. YOU"RE THE WORLDS GREATES SUPER POWER!!!
edit on 6-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

You were doing ok till that line... Neither of them care for anyone but themselves! They play the left v right paradigm like a fiddle and have folks singing along... Sigh

Unless you want a full blown revolution on your hands then the next best thing is voting for the lesser of two evils. I will vote for a democrat over a repbulican anytime! Happy?
edit on 9/6/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

With no national health care. A social support system which is nothing compared to the rest of the developed world. And non government funded free health clinics with volunteer doctors because any low income or unemployed American who can't afford health Insurance would die of easliy treated illness other wise. Other countries are just as wealthy it's just more important to have national health care rather than a super carrier.

But hey. YOU"RE THE WORLDS GREATES SUPER POWER!!!

Like me ex from Baltimore used to say 'The U.S. is a great place to retire to..' He's now living in Europe and has never looked back.

He also stated that the majority of U.S. citizens who have never travelled outwith their own country's boundaries would be absolutely furious if they came to Europe - because the lies with which they have been indoctrinated their entire lives, in particular that they are the most free and envied people on the planet, would be instantly and brutally exposed to them.

edit on 6-9-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by hawkiye

Unless you want a full blown revolution on your hands then the next best thing is voting for the lesser of two evils. I will vote for a democrat over a repbulican anytime! Happy?
edit on 9/6/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

So if you vote for evil number one or evil number two what will you get?
You are pretty naive if you think the democrats are any less evil then the republicans. Keep drinking that cool-aide though as it will bring a quicker death then anything.

By the way not that you'll understand judging from your previous answers but it is usually when you have two divided factions opposing each other that war is inevitable. If we stop the false division and come together on our common interests the revolution does not need to be violent.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Yeah, I'llvote Dem...be it with gnashing teeth, surpressing a slight nausea..

Say Obie gets a second term. I'd be constantly saying to myself:" it could have been worse, it could have been worse..."

Politicians are all basically indebted to the umpteenth degree to their wealthiest contributors. As long as that wretched system of "campaigh donations" by undead-entities like corporations is in place, as long as there is no complete overhaul of campaign-funding laws, as long as the majority of candidates are the same millionnare robber-baron aristocracy that we tried to get rid of 200-something years ago, well... Let's just say that the average voter-after elections- is just an afterthought.

That's the nucleus of the problem.

Politicians are as constricted in their wheeling&dealing as we are. If they don't play ball, there will be subtle mails and phone calls, just stating :JFK, MLK, Lincoln.......-click-..beep..beep..beep..
edit on 9/7/2011 by diakrite because: Typooooos

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorbiSemper

And this goes for other countries as well. I'm sure people will go nuts if I said 'I hate Britain' or 'I hate Germany' or 'I hate Iraq' or 'I hate Russia' just because I make assumptions about the people living there. Or even worse. I'm pretty sure people will have a wildfire lit underneath them if I blatantly said 'The bible's a lie.'.

You know, Liu Xiabo, this chinese guy who always writes about his country. He loves his country, probably more than many of his countrymen ... why? Because he wants to make it better, and he isn't afraid of coming out into the open and face his own country and say it sucks.

I'm Scandinavian, and my country sucks ... there are famous danes who said "lorte land", which means the country is literally crap.

If we love our country, we will see what is wrong and we will fight it with all our heart. Not caring about your own country, is bing blind and not caring how many fair badly there. That is caring only for yourself ...

And concerning the bible, I say it all the time ... and I'm supposedly christian. I don't take things by faith, I need evidence for their value ... what about you?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite

Yeah, I'llvote Dem...be it with gnashing teeth, surpressing a slight nausea..

Say Obie gets a second term. I'd be constantly saying to myself:" it could have been worse, it could have been worse..."

Opie? do you mean that guy who, after being alected, stood in the pont and while speaking to the people, he subtlely gave them the finger?

I can understand why you would supress a slight nausea there.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I aint the Amercian you are wanting to talk to. Geodesic domes waste lots of expensive building materials. I have built 3. Square boxes are better. Live simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join