It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, please listen to this.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Even though I live in Australia I almost wholly agree with your post, minus the bit about the constitution. The constitution itself has been subverted. 16th amendment was not ratified. Still manage to get in. Thats right, the government has NO RIGHT to take income tax.

I'd suggest if you can let this happen then you're pretty much damned. Even moreso if you abide by this shambolic amendment.

What I truly love about these threads is that everyone is like 'Yeah, that's awesome' but in the end no-one does anything about it.

I've just told you that the 16th amendment isn't legitimate. How many of you will investigate this and then act accordingly? Very few indeed.

What was the land of the free and home of the brave is now the land of the fee and home of the slave.

Don't even get me started on my home country, Australia.
edit on 5-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I am becoming exceedingly tired of encountering Americans online, who continue to imply that their government has inherent moral authority, purely because of the fact that it is their government.

Al Capone had a much clearer and more lucid understanding of exactly what your government is, than most of you do. He once said that the only difference between his organisation and the government, was that the government had more money, more guns, and more men.

Please try to understand this. A government is nothing more than a regional monopoly on physical violence. That is literally all. The monopoly is solely on violence; not on moral integrity, or moral authority. Government has no form of inherent moral legitimacy in and of itself, whatsoever. It is no less a form of organised crime than any other. The only difference between it and the Yakuza or Mafia, is quite literally its' size.

Your government is a fascist racket, that is run by elitist psychopaths who do not care about you, to any degree whatsoever. They do not, in practice, serve in any way as the guarantor of your wellbeing, or your freedom. You might still care about what the Constitution says, but the simple fact of the matter is that the people currently inhabiting your government do not.

Another thing that I am fed up with. I am fed up with you going robotically back to the polls every four years, regardless of the fact that you get lied to and manipulated every single time, simply because you don't know what else to do.

Please, hear this. The Republic is DEAD, at this point. D-E-A-D. It has been dead at least since Bush got into office.

Government cannot save you. It cannot help you. Ron Paul is not going to be the guarantor of your interests any more than any other President; and the only reason why some of you are desperate to believe that he will be, is because you are desperate, at any and all costs, to avoid having to do what I am going to describe next.

You need to begin to behave as though THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT, at all; because truthfully, in legitimate terms, you really do not have a government now. You had a Constitutional Republic once. It protected people's rights, for the short time it lasted. But it is gone now. The psychopaths who have subverted the institution, are no longer adhering to its' rules. Many of you need to go and watch V for Vendetta again, and then you need to develop yourselves...and I mean really develop...the attitude that Evey had, where she was willing to be shot rather than do as she was told.

Keep the Constitution. Keep that recognition of your basic rights. Most of you living today, don't have anywhere near as much of an appreciation of your freedom as you should have, and that is why you have currently lost it. There are, however, a number of other things which you need to begin to do.

• Take a course from here, (www.permaculture.org...) and begin growing your own food. The FDA have been raiding, to an increasing degree, people who try and start organic farms, and grow healthy food. There needs to be a large enough group of people doing this, that the FDA and USDA have no chance of stopping all of you.

• Get BSD certification, and stop using a corporate produced, insecure, malware-infested operating system for connecting to the Internet. The BSDs are open source, and completely monetarily free. If you use them, you can have complete control over what you do with your computer.

• Become familiar with the books in this list, and begin giving both your children and yourselves the sort of education that your Constitution's authors would have had.

• Learn to build geodesic domes, to give yourselves cheap housing, that just about anyone can build. Apparently there is a lot of derelict land in America now, as well as a lot of people who need homes. You can use that land!

Abandon your government. Just leave it behind. Don't vote, and don't pay any attention to it whatsoever. Believe me when I say that the one thing that the government is really scared of, more than anything else, is simply being ignored by a group of people who realise that ultimately, the only thing government has over them at all, is the ability to physically kill them. It has nothing positive to offer you, and no real hold over you, either.

Let it go. Do not wait for Ron Paul to improve your lives. He won't. You need to start improving your lives yourselves.

Where are you from, you don't indicate your origin in your avatar...just curious.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I love how all the OP's supporters refuse to talk about the posts that talk about the real issues, the choose to only reply to the few post that they can twist and turn in to elite americanism, as opposed to actually discussing anything at all. Its really really sad.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If Ron Paul, the only man that talks sense and knows what's going on in the government, does not become president of the USA - then I don't have much hope left for the people.
Change will NEVER come, there is no one currently that has stood up to the "elite" as much as Ron Paul.

I don't live in America, but I've been following the political madness ever since 9/11 and know enough. I won't repeat all the thousands of things that we all know about the wars, the oil, corruption, etc.

I really hope Ron Paul does get the votes and that the voting happens correctly, because even there I have my doubts.

Doing the things mentioned in the thread would be good, but only a few people who read this thread might even consider it. (just like my reply here now)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

In my opinion, We love our country not our Government. Americans are proud to be Americans and have extreme pride. Im saddened that you dont have this same pride for your country, Sounds like jealousy to the max. I see Ron Paul as HOPE just because you have no hope left for your country dont try and steal ours away from us.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Why do you need government at all?

Why do you believe in government?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Ive ran across a couple of your replies in threads today, and just

meany.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrion

THANK YOU!

I love the point you made about telling the difference between loving your country and loving your government.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
LOL

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Some people just do not get it.....their lives are in order, have no financial worries and probably had no reason to think about what is really going on.

They hold on to the american flag because they think it is made to hold onto and is indistructable. One day that flag will rip to pieces because of their weight and will they experiance a hard nasty landing right on their faces. I hope they will come back to your thread that day and F&S it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xetex
If Ron Paul, the only man that talks sense and knows what's going on in the government, does not become president of the USA - then I don't have much hope left for the people.
Change will NEVER come, there is no one currently that has stood up to the "elite" as much as Ron Paul.

I don't live in America, but I've been following the political madness ever since 9/11 and know enough. I won't repeat all the thousands of things that we all know about the wars, the oil, corruption, etc.

I really hope Ron Paul does get the votes and that the voting happens correctly, because even there I have my doubts.

Doing the things mentioned in the thread would be good, but only a few people who read this thread might even consider it. (just like my reply here now)

What will be your thoughts if Ron Paul will become president and will do as Obama does....not much change. How will the rest of the US citizens react if after two years Ron Paul it becomes clear that he is listening to an 'imaginairy' higher authority?

Would you be surprised if there will be a promising new presidential candidate at the end of an unsuccesfull Ron Paul term? A candidate risen from obscurity, from the people and will be exactly what the people need for real change.

IMHO the american people is being held a carrot in front of their noses...over and over again.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I really do not understand, what is this BSD 150 dollar (not free) cert for and you go to the site and they at least make it sound like it is some sort of server operating system? Well why the hell would 99% of people use it, unless you run a server? How the hell is that any more secure than your ISP watching everything you do, which you still cannot prevent? Have you ever herd of linux, which is 100% free and open source and most likely 1000 times better supported than this BSD i've never herd of?

I fail to see what you are getting at with this thing, the website tells next to nothing about it (but it sure tells you where to put your 150 bucks), nor do I see how its any better than something thats already out there.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So this is what it's come to?

Ignore the government?

Anarchy?? hmm??

Seems all nice and good at first thought. But when you really start to think about the everday , person to person implications of what the OP is proposing, it's naiive at best.

yes let's just all "ignore" the government. Yea uhmm that works well with the annoying bully in 1st grade maybe but not in the adult world.

A major percentage of Americans either work for the government or are slaves to it. It's impossible to "ignore" the government. Sure maybe a small niche group of people can live without contact with the government. But for most of us, it's a must.

This is something we have to deal with, can't just turn your back on it and hope it goes away, cause it won't.

What we must do is change the government.

Vote for Ron Paul, that is the best thing we can do.

I don't like the OP's ideas about "not voting". Sounds a bit sketchy to me. Especially here. When free thinking boards like these are mainstays for people who would more than likely vote for a guy like Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree with the folks that express the fact that a lot of us Americans love our country, not our government.

Our government does not serve us.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The way you describe the American government applies to ALL the governments of the world,without fail or exception.EE eppeez foohn-da.DOO bish aynee arshlokkk.BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

What will be your thoughts if Ron Paul will become president and will do as Obama does....not much change. How will the rest of the US citizens react if after two years Ron Paul it becomes clear that he is listening to an 'imaginairy' higher authority?

Would you be surprised if there will be a promising new presidential candidate at the end of an unsuccesfull Ron Paul term? A candidate risen from obscurity, from the people and will be exactly what the people need for real change.

IMHO the american people is being held a carrot in front of their noses...over and over again.

A president might not get the chance to change anything and they are being told exactly how things are run and should be run. The difference between Obama and Ron Paul is very huge though. Ron Paul definitely has more to offer and some things that he wants to change are almost against everything that America has become over the years.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If only it were that simple to ignore it...........

Its like trying to ignore malaria infested mosquittos in zaire and telling them PLEASE DO NOT BITE ME!

When your born you pay to get a birth certificate. While you live you must file income tax papers and pay the appropriate tax to local/state/federal authorities. When you buy a car you need to pay to register it and then renew the registration every 4 years. To drive you need to buy a driver's license. To buy a house means you have to pay property tax to local authorities and buy a builder's permit to build it. When you die you need to buy a death certificate. AND EVERYTHING ELSE IN BETWEEN! Oh well, there goes at least 25% of your worked income while people who have established themselves with lies and a crammed disinfo education in college make ten to a hundred fold what you make and pay significantly less taxes percentage wise due to all the legal loopholes inherit for the bourgeois.

How can you ignore someone that is out to get you? It took arabs 40 years to overthrow their dictators but at least there the oppression was in your face and resistance to the status quo was suppressed with brute force. In europe and america people have grown unbelievably accostumed to subliminal tyranny so it takes a lot of "waking up" to see things for what they truely are. If anything should raise an eyebrow its the minimum wage laws that look more like indentured servitude than livable and respectable wages. They are the same MWL that existed in the 50s barely adjusted for the proper inflation. Taking into account how production has multiplied itself with automation since then it should be roughly $20 an hour!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

NO ONE PERSON can change the system REGARDLESS who is elected because special interest groups PAY for the campaign process and thus those special interest lobbyists OWN "your" government! Money talks and bs walks, its always been that way.

The bankers print/issue the money FOR BANKS and government raises money from selling narcotics, legal "donations", taxation mostly from the middle class suckers and issuing treasury bonds to cover over-budget(and often classified) items. How many doomsday bunkers have been built for the elite, how many stealth bombers/stealth fighters to pay for corporate imperialism overseas? Everyone whines about social security but people have maxed out their contributions from their paychecks and deserve every single penny. Why not cut elsewhere?

It will take a group effort of protesting for your rights to change legislation and make the government accountable to its citizens. I would start with MWL strikes from all labor unions and demand tariffs on all asian imports. Then demand for the campaign process to be financed by tax payers at a fixed or variable rate. I could go on and on but it seems a lot of people don't understand what is at stake if they are ready to vote for a republican ron paul!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

of corse your right, anyone with any sort of pride in their land (not my government) is a right wing fascists (which is sooooo damned far from who i am its not even funny). the fact that i want us to succeded and want us to democratically decide what happens in our cities, is a bad thing. the fact that you wine about a country you dont even live in and probably have never visited.

i knew that my last post would be seen as me being some disinfo, anti-conspiratorial crap, but that is not who i am, all i know is I WOULD SOOOOOOO MUCH RATHER RAISE MY DAUGHTER HERE, than 99% of all the other countries out there.

nothing is perfect, including our government, and indeed it does need reformation and reform every now and then, but, some guy in europe declairing the ignorance and disgust in a country he doesnt live in is just plain stupid.

taking pride in a land as utterly beautiful as america is not a right or left wing concept, it nothing but love for the only home most of us american's have ever known. call me fascist all you want, stereotype millions, ASSUME you know everything about our government, etc etc, but like i said before, your OP is totally pointless, no one in america is really taking what you said seriously, some might post "oh yeah your right man," but they will do NOTHING, to change or help their communities, never volunteering their time to help the homeless, or build a home for a family in need. they, like you, will only bitch about what they see, post a thread on ats, and thats as far as most people will go.

do we really need ANOTHER post like this, what you have said, has been said hundreds, probably thousands of times already on this site.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I CAN NOT BELIEVE, some of you, bitching about america, bitching a whining, and never once thinking about how THANKFUL YOU SHOULD BE, a meal everyday, clothing on your backs, a roof over your heads. most of the rest of the world has nothing even close to what we have.

i am a poor poor bastard, (poor by american standards, a king in the rest of the world) i make a total of 9k a year, in a one bedroom i share with my daughter, and about taxes, i dont like em either, but the very second my house is on fire, or something (GOD FORBID) happens to my daughter, i will be quite happy, and content, that we have reasonable protection and help. or when a tornado rips thru your town, and because we abolished our government and taxes, your county might be one without a volunteer emergency response team. or your grandma is dying in your arms, and we got rid of 911 because it isnt funded. taxes serve a purpose.

ya know, i kinda feel strange defending america this way, im usually not that type of guy. but some foreigner coming along and bad mouthing a country that isnt his, bugs me. i have recently rethought EVERY idea ive had, ideas and morals that made up who i am, and the naivety of those ideas, for me to assume that my common thoughts, my common opinions, without any real study or real research into these subjects; that my opinion and thoughts were the right ones, and everyone else, if they didnt agree, was wrong. that my common opinons were the right political, military, and economic decisions for the country. i now realize that they were not, and that to assume that i know what the right thing to do for hundreds of millions of people, is wrong. now, before forming an opinion on a given subject, i think very carefully and try to understand every aspect and perspective on that subject that i can, so that i end in what is hopefully some sort of middle ground.

to me it seems like you (OP) is the extremist, anarchist, and disgruntled, possibly jelousy, fearful, or going off the opinion of your peers, rather than forming an opinion of your own (to form such a strong anti-american idea).

ONLY thing that i can think of that is really horrible in america is the CIA, but every country has one of those

also if pointing out grammer problems is the only thing you can say about my posts, im going to take it as, you have no argument and no real response. look at the substance of the post, not the stupid placement of a period

edit on 5-9-2011 by primoaurelius because: extra stuff

edit on 5-9-2011 by primoaurelius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join