It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, please listen to this.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ignoring any wound makes it fester and get worse.

Anyone that tells you the solution is not to vote, either has an agenda or doesnt have a solid understaning of the way our government works.

Ignore them and they will run rampant.

If even half the Americans that complain about the government would actually VOTE, we wouldn't be in such a mess in the first place.

Deny Ignorance.
Lose the leadership illusion.
They are NOT OUR LEADERS.
They are Elected representatives of the will of the people.
Do not vote for a politician that doesn't act soley on the will of his constituency.

The President is NOT a decider.
He was elected to represent OUR decisions, whether he agrees with them or not.

When you start calling them POLITICAL LEADERS you have already forgotten the truth and adopted the illusion they place upon you.

Wake up. Pay attention.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
In all due respect to the OP, being a quitter is not being a patriot. Remember what Jefferson said, "Sometimes the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots". Use the remaining freedoms you have to effect change. Being a non-partcipant will only allow TPTB more freedom to achieve their goals for a NWO. Ron Paul is running on a GOP platform because there are not enough Libertarian voters to overcome the the two party system. I believe he is the best chance to save our Constitutional freedoms and get us back on track. Hopefully more than 30% of the registered voters in this country will make an effort to make it to the polls and use the little power we have to overcome government tyranny until we must again water the tree of liberty.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Like it or not people. United States of America is the last hope for this world. Without the US there would be no peace. Villains, Dictators, Terrorists would feel completely free to do what they pleased. I understand most people, including the thread creator have mommy daddy issues and are still in the phase of anti authority anti anything bigger than them. Its ok, it’s natural to go through that rebellion phase with your parents. But you probably see the USA much like a parent. Someone who is not afraid to discipline you when you step out of line. Not because they hate you, but because they believe in you. At the same time, even though you have this undying passion of hate and despise for the USA, you know, deep down, that without them, you would be screwed. Hence the reason, you continue to hate them, because you know this is true and there isn’t a d@#$ thing you can do about it. USA is the last protector for any nation who still believes in freedom. And anyone’s last hope, so again, to the thread creator and all others who are waiting for the USA to fail, don’t. Because once the USA is gone. You will be shortly thereafter. I don’t say all of this to defend the USA's actions, I say it in trying to educate. Best of luck to the free world.

P.S. I would love to see a nation who gets into trouble with economics, civil unrest, military disputes, etc, not come crawling and begging to the USA for help. That would be a great day in deed when that stops happening.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Haha, the hell you can't.

Good joke post there.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Yeah, nice "peace" the world has at the moment.

What do Western governments do nowadays other than install puppet dictators and regimes?

Perhaps invade said fledgling nations for resource and monetary motives now and then. Not every year though. Just, you know, as a sort of part time hobby.

To keep up appearances the global community will offer numerous methods of "assistance" to nations in crisis, such as Libya, Japan etc. However I'm struggling to recall an occasion where one "ran to the USA for help", or any other nation for that matter, as is the broken record echoing through this section of ATS.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Global community being United Nations? Who funds 72% of the UN. Thats right. The US.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Government as a vehicle for change?

Well...

You all voted for the dumbocrats ... and here we are.

You all voted for the repukocrats ... and here we are.

Obviously ... you all got the change you wanted?

What you had: A republic Madam, if you can keep it. - Franklin

How to keep it: The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Jefferson

Keep voting. Here we are. Imagine where we will be.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - Washington

To the point:

The meaning of the second amendment
edit on 4-9-2011 by AgentC because: edit link

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
OP, you are on to something. You can't blame people, really. People have a lot of faith in the American Dream which is a great idea, the problem is, doesn't work for everybody. Some of us need to wake up.

Maybe im misunderstanding you but seriously, you cant blame people? WTF can we not blame people it is the apathy and lazyness of the people that have lead us down this slippery slope where now anything goes. If people actualy took the time to maybe learn about politicians and how our government is supposed to work guess what things just might be a little better here in the usa, and for that matter around the world.

I'm so tired of people blaming the govt for every thing, its not that simple, we the people hold our fair share of the blame, by becoming the lazy simple minded tools that we are we have allowed corruption, greed, and any number of other problems to manifest itself in a global fashion in all sectors of the govt.

and as for the OP to just give up and leave the govt behind that would only perpetuate the problem at hand. Those few of us that do take the time to educate ourselves need to stick around and try to work as a counter balance to the injustice that is being perpetuated. Dont fool yourself yes America has corruption in its government but if you can show me one government that isnt corrupt i will gladly apologize but until then please stop bashing the corrupt government of America for the sake of bashing the corrupt government of America.

to every one else i will leave you with this.

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The OP is right. It's a fact that the government's only real sway over the people in America is it's ability to physically kill us, nothing more.

From the Declaration of Independence-
"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their DUTY, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. —“

It's our DUTY to our country, and it's people, to throw off the government at this point, and make things work.
I've posted this before..... It means that we as a people need to do something, even if it means circumventing the laws protecting the government, even if it means some lives must be lost.
In 2009 when we had 2 MILLION people outside the capitol, those people simply should have bashed through the gates and charged in and physically taken action into their own hands. It would have been the RIGHT thing to do. The problem is people are cowards. They start charging, the government starts opening fire. The front of the mass of people are mowed down, the people in the middle start to get to the dead bodies who were formerly in front and go "uh oh.. " and turn and run. The people in the back see the people ahead of them running and it all fails... The government has too much power over the people, and it's unconstitutional. Seems to me like with an organized military force, something like this might have a chance of working...The first line of the oath of enlistment, that all soldiers take when they join our military, is:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;"

Seems to me like they should be HERE, in America, helping the people overthrow the unconstitutional government, since, you know, they took an OATH to defend the constitution from enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC.

Alas, I feel like a broken record. I've said very similar things before in other threads. My stance hasn't changed, so it's no surprise, but yeah.... People need to do something, and soon..

Cheers

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Because WE ARE BETTER THEN YOU! Well at least every country on earth. That is just the way it is, we invented the car, the TV, we put man on the moon the list goes on. Our contributions are as goes: the pinnacle of humanity the apex of human civilization. Yes we deserve our bragging rights, we stopped a tyrant from invading Europe in WW2. So you are tired of being belittled if that is how you feel then stop being a cry baby. We dont wear our heart on our sleeve, yes our arrogance serves it's purpose. I will settle for a bunch of cocky yanks then a bunch of whiny Europeans. I keep seeing these complain about American threads come and go. It is about you when you have to make a pointless thread based on your feeling inadequate about your country due to Americans attitude.

Who cares?

Just sayin

edit on 4-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm unsure of what country the OP is from but the same can be said for his and just about every other country on the face of this planet. Where he says "country" or "America" or "united States"... you can easily replace with "earth"! ALL the governments are corrupt... ALL the governments are pawns of the global corporations, ALL the planets inhabitants are serfs who slave for the few however....

to suggest you attempt nothing to institute change but fall back on your ass and cower.... you are obviously NOT an American! And I'm not talking about "someone who resides in the United States" my friend... no! I mean an American at heart. There are some of us left who will fight, win or lose. Every battle needs leaders and Ron Paul is MINE and I will continue to fight. I have no disillusions either... i understand my chances of winning are less than 50-50 but I don't care.

As someone who has supported Ron Paul for decades and understands better than most what he stands for and what he plans for... I know that he does not claim to be able to change the country or the world single handedly... he has never claimed so. His message is one of change through a return, by the people, to the freedoms and ideals that made this country great before 1913! The people of this country, and the world... have the power through sheer numbers and force of a collective will, to change things for the better.

The problem with Americans is, as a whole, we are lost. we have been separated and compartmentalized through technology and the guise of convenience. The sad part is most of the world has set their sight on what they perceive as "American Greatness" and are beginning to follow the same destructive path! As they grow fatter, lazier, duller, like we did... they play right into the corporate ploy. It is the goal of the collective corporate conscience to make everyone the same and you can see it happening everyday as America is literally pushed down by it's "leaders" to become equals with those rising countries in the world. As the scale continues to balance itself... YOU will become US!

If you were smart and really understood the reasons for what is happening you would be encouraging Americans to vote, put Ron Paul in office and fight until we either won or died because you're in the same game!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
Like it or not people. United States of America is the last hope for this world. Without the US there would be no peace. Villains, Dictators, Terrorists would feel completely free to do what they pleased. I understand most people, including the thread creator have mommy daddy issues and are still in the phase of anti authority anti anything bigger than them. Its ok, it’s natural to go through that rebellion phase with your parents. But you probably see the USA much like a parent. Someone who is not afraid to discipline you when you step out of line. Not because they hate you, but because they believe in you. At the same time, even though you have this undying passion of hate and despise for the USA, you know, deep down, that without them, you would be screwed. Hence the reason, you continue to hate them, because you know this is true and there isn’t a d@#$ thing you can do about it. USA is the last protector for any nation who still believes in freedom. And anyone’s last hope, so again, to the thread creator and all others who are waiting for the USA to fail, don’t. Because once the USA is gone. You will be shortly thereafter. I don’t say all of this to defend the USA's actions, I say it in trying to educate. Best of luck to the free world.

P.S. I would love to see a nation who gets into trouble with economics, civil unrest, military disputes, etc, not come crawling and begging to the USA for help. That would be a great day in deed when that stops happening.

ZING!

My thoughts exactly! Star for you

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
While I hope it doesn't come to this, but the 2nd amendment is there for a reason.The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

There is liberty when a Government fears it's peoples power.

And tyranny when it does not.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
reply to post by TDawgRex

"the entitlement class"? what pray tell is the entitlement class? is that tea party speak? or is it something those pillars of intellect Palin & Bachmann coined?

It's racist tea party co-words for blacks and hispanics. These people think that they're fooling someone with their rhetoric.

"Kick the blacks off of welfare, but make sure that my grandmomma can still get her medicare!" that's the TP motto

illuminatislave, that was a vile, nasty, tasteless, racist comment. Every single one of the entitlement class folks I know are white. EVERY ONE, Not a black or hispanic in the lot. Having the feeling that one is owed something for nothing is not a racial monopoly.

What do you have against blacks and hispanics to make such a assumptive snap judgement?

edit on 2011/9/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

It is an intelligent thread, which has been made at a time when those of that part need to reflect. Americans without passports travel...and open your eyes

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

get the facts straight snoobab, the US is in debt to the Un research is your friend.UN[url=http://www.betterworldcampaign.org....
edit on 31/08/2011 by tigermountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by petrus4

It's not the size ofthe weapon that determines a country's greatness, but the caliber of the person holding it.

America still has much to offer, we just need to clean up the septic tank that is DC.

But you're not. And voting in the same criminal psychopaths is certainly not going to do it either.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I believe that the American Government has run amok, and does not represent the average citizen, but is a puppet of the banks and corporations.

But was it Plato who said "Those that refuse to get involved in politics, are destined to be governed by their inferiors" ?

We will take this country back from the corrupt, but it may take a revolution, a bloody revolution.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by petrus4

It's not the size ofthe weapon that determines a country's greatness, but the caliber of the person holding it.

America still has much to offer, we just need to clean up the septic tank that is DC.

But you're not. And voting in the same criminal psychopaths is certainly not going to do it either.

We will continue to see the insane acts of the American voting system until the people grow tired of government intrusion and corrupt social programs intended to further entitlements and government dependency and revolt by forceful means of throwing all politicians out and starting over with patriotic Americans.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Vote Ron Paul Vote Ron Paul vote Ron Paul vote Ron Paul.....
Liberal this, Liberal that, Liberal this Liberal that...Fox News parrot....Bawk....parrot bawk bawk. DAMN OBAMA BIDEN LADIN.... Ron Paul will save us. TPTB,,,TPTB

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join