It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, please listen to this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I think they both hit it on the nail.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There are many of us that don't like our government and want them to quit trying to police the world. We need to get our own house in order before trying to 'help' others. But, running away, sticking your head in the sand and ignoring what's going on is not the way to fix it. You don't ignore your car when it starts running bad, it'll just get worse and finally break down completely. So, why should we ignore our country 'cause it's running rough. We are the mechanics, we will fix it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

sorry, times up, i gave you 10 secs

and you came from what time period?

nobody can say anything about your post without penalty.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Yes, but we know that Obama sucks, so vote him out.
Choose someone who actually believes in the US constitution and follows it exactly.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

Choose someone who actually believes in the US constitution and follows it exactly.

chuckk I appreciate what you are saying. sadly i think what we are lacking is a full roster of role players in Washington DC that believe in and follow the Great Documents that are Supposed to be the backbone of the USA.

as others have pointed out in this thread, we have leaders who have given it away, placing themselves above those who they are supposed to serve. we can hem & haw and chit-chat till we are blue in the face, that will change nothing. shy of removing the whole damn lot of them & replacing them with real Americans who do believe in the Constitution i can't foresee things changing.
if we took a candidate with excellent morals & values, an honest person who wants to right the wrongs and use the great documents for guidance - if we took that person and threw them into the vile, corrupt, filthy water that is Washington DC politics, we're only kidding ourselves if we think he will not emerge from the pool dripping dirty and smelling bad.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
reply to post by TDawgRex

"the entitlement class"? what pray tell is the entitlement class? is that tea party speak? or is it something those pillars of intellect Palin & Bachmann coined?

It's racist tea party co-words for blacks and hispanics. These people think that they're fooling someone with their rhetoric.

"Kick the blacks off of welfare, but make sure that my grandmomma can still get her medicare!" that's the TP motto

but to the OP, great post. You need to realize though that a lot of Americans are fed up with this government and this maelstrom of corruption that we're in.

Those of you that believe that this government can be reformed by voting for political parties that are on the payroll of banks and fortune 500 companies are goddamn delusional.

Voting will change nothing. You'll know when things have changed when the television feeds have stopped, and the streets are ablaze.
edit on 4-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Like Ron Paul, correct?

The fact that Paul still aligns himself with a corrupt entity like the GOP should be a wake up call, but just like the Obama-ites of 2008, the Paul Tea Baggers think that change will come through him.

Listen here: if Paul by some miracle makes it to the WH, he will carry on the agenda of the elites or he will die.

The elites learned awhile ago that public assassinations raise too many questions, so now they ensure that the media selects the candidates for the public, with both candidates serving the same master. Paul will never get past the primaries.

Lets keep voting for Dems and Repubs though, lets see how far we get by engaging in the activity of insane men.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Have you actually bothered to read the OP of this thread?

Let me ask you this. What, really, is Ron Paul going to be able to do for you, that you cannot do for yourself?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
So, why should we ignore our country 'cause it's running rough. We are the mechanics, we will fix it.

I am not telling you to ignore your country. I am telling you to ignore your GOVERNMENT. The two are not the same thing.

The depth and severity of the governmental mind control in the case of some of you, is genuinely horrifying. I've had some promising responses in this thread, but a couple of the rest of you need some serious deprogramming.

You honestly believe that you cannot do anything...that you cannot even live at all...without government.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Our Declaration of Independence has already addressed what we must do when the government is acting as they do.

The Declaration of Independence is considered by many to the philosophical foundation of American freedom. It has been quoted by Americans as various as Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King, Jr. who have referenced it as a beacon of hope for all people everywhere.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Not the full Declaration quoted here but only what is relevant to my point. It is up to each and everyone of us American citizens to truly stand up for these ideals. However there is too much rampant apathy in this fine country to achieve this in the timely fashion needed to achieve such significant change in how we present ourselves to ourselves and the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by americanbuffalo1

Excellent post.

Too bad that 9 out of 10 Americans don't know the first opening line of the Declaration of Independence, and they're too busy seeing which athlete Kim Kardashian is banging this week to worry about the country's fate.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

LOL

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yes, there is much about our government that needs fixing. No argument from me, BUT

We know we are a work in progress.
We know the American spirit is alive and very strong. It rests within the people.
We have a Living Constitution. The values upon which it was written remain valid.
It is worth protecting and defending.

There is no other country on Earth in which I would prefer to live. Yes, most of us would be wise to do everything possible to rely less upon government and to reclaim much more of the authority whittled away by "wise" counsel.
The United States of America is a great country full of good people who live to do great things.
If our government wobbles and shudders under its own weight, it is ever supported by a
population of resilient, resourceful and caring citizens.

I may have been let down by more politicians than I can count, but I have been inspired and in complete awe of more heroes and patriots from within the same borders that many other countries could ever imagine.

I can hear all the arguments about to follow, but my words are true and I am proud to be a part of this nation.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Malkuth

I for one absolutely agree with you. Well stated.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Thank you for starting this. I'm an American, and I too am worried at the amount of people in this country who still line up to vote. The root of this whole problem, I think, is that you basically have 2 types of people in this world: people who need to be led, and the people who lead. Maybe some of the sheep have actually woken up, but the fact remains that their constitutional makeup dictates that they need someone to lead them. So despite what they feel inside to be true, that voting isn't going to make a difference, they do it anyway because they need someone to lead them.

This is the only theory that makes sense to me at this time. Why do I need other people to tell me what's best for me in terms of what laws I should follow? Why should I pay taxes on the gardening supplies, or anything else for that matter, that I buy? To keep the local, state and federal governments running? Governments that I personally believe to be useless? The reason I don't vote is because I sincerely don't believe that America needs a government to survive.

"But what about all the foriegn countries that want to bomb us?" people ask. Leave them alone so they won't want to is my response to that. You know why the middle east hates us so much? Because we keep f**king with 'em. Japan is just as much of an economic powerhouse as we are, with most of the freedoms that Americans have, but you don't see any radical religous organizations wanting to bomb them back into yesterday do you? No. You know why? Because Japan doesn't care how other countries live or how they treat their citizens, nor should they. They keep themselves to themselves. It's only been 55 years, 1 generation, since we bombed the sh*t out of those people and they are arguably the most economically stable country on the planet. And one of the richest.

"What about all the imports and exports that come through our borders that help keep this economy going?"
What about 'em? Why does the government need to regulate what comes and goes when business owners are perfectly capable of doing it themselves? While I'm on this topic, for all you people who STILL think we need the government in its present form, look around at the economy of this country as a whole. The politicians that YOU voed for are partially, if not wholly, responsible for this. The rest of the responsibilty lies firmly on the backs of the big businesses that the politicians are in bed with by way of the lobbyists who represent said corporations, who pay off politicians to vote for things that are in the favor of those businesses. And if you think for one second that big business, who OWNS Washington DC, has your best interest at heart, you need your head examined.

Seriously.

Look at the uneployment rate. Look at the fact that NO new jobs were added last month. Look at how how many companies left the U.S. for foriegn countries to make use of the cheap labor those countries offer so the business owners, who YOUR politicians that YOU voted for are in bed with, can make more profits? Do the number crunching there, then turn the page and see how the empoyment numbers went down accordingly. It's not a coincidence.

From our military excursions, which cost money and just pisses off the rest of the world, to our economy that is making no money and pisses off the stock exchanges of the rest of the world, the politicians in this country have been doing this country no good for at least as long as I've been alive. Sure, you may have a handful out there who are actually good, moral people, but they are obviuosly not making a difference because the majority of politicians are worthless. And as the old saying goes " The majority rules".

Let's put a hypothitcal situation into the mix for the sake of conversation. What would happen if we all, here in America, woke up tomorrow to all the newscasts blaring and crying about how Washington DC suddenly and inexplicably dissapeared off the face of the planet.

POOF.......gone.

Imagine that scenario. Now imagine the ensuing days, weeks and months. What I see is that Americans will then, and only then, come to the realization that we don't NEED Washington DC and that our country will slowly get back on track because WE THE PEOPLE will be the ones doing it. Which is the way it should be. It's the way that it was 200 years ago, but the parasites have slowly taken over during the course of 200 years and have slowly sucked the life out of this country because WE THE PEOPLE kept voting for the same old same old, hoping aginst hope that things will change because someone says that they are different and they will do things differently.

You know what one definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. That's the American voting public for ya.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by petrus4

ROFLMAO.

Abandon my government ?

Don't vote ?

Me thinks you know way less about my country than you are letting on.

It doesn't work that way. You can't "ignore" a government and think that solves all of your problems. You use government for a vehicle of change. And the only reason , by the way, we say our country is the best is not because it's our country, but because it is the

WORLDS GREATEST SUPER POWER !!!

edit on 4-9-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)[/thiseditby]

i agree w you about ignoring the gov, it wont help. they will just throw us into another kind of jail. the kind w bars and rapists... now about the part where you say that the only way to change the gov is to use it, are you really trying to tell me that the founding fathers of this once great country worked with king george to change? HEL7 NO! they threw the british out on their a55es. the ONLY way to TRULY change a government is to remove those in power and make an example of them. treason against this country should not be limited to the "spys" as the laws are usually sent after, but to those in the government as well. and lets not forget the bankers who milked the countries people of their $$$ and our personal pride. all those that took and are taking part in the planned destruction of this country should be hung. end of story. that is how you put a stop to the culture of cronyism. end the traitors notgive them high powered white house or senatorial jobs...

And i surley hope by greatest, you mean most powerful, as we havent been the greatest at much of anything but pushing people around, pushing other sovereign countries around, and genreally puitting our noses where they dont belong. this has been a plutocrocy since round bout LBJ, the true beginning behind the JFK & RFK assassinations. the first coup here in the states. the second was 9/11. where are we now as a country? enslaved to the banking cartels whims.
i hope we can come together as a people and END FOREVER the hold the cartels have over us. i wish for peace, but am ready for war... i wont believe their lies anymore. ive woken up America. its time the rest of you do too. extra DIV

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Very good post Petrus4, I feel the very same way. I remember how life was when I was in my early twenties and late teens and reflect back at just how much we have been overtaken by our government and how they have, in the name of various "righteous" causes, destroyed our way of life and our liberties.

You are right on about going to the polls every 4 years just to get lied to again. Every 4 years we have the same candidates of the 2 big parties battling it out to see who will get to be the next liar in chief. It is way past time to revolt in this nation, the problem is that the vast majority of society has no understanding of the way that we were meant to live and have no education of the founding of our nation and what our founders wanted for us.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm American and I find most Americans online are sick and tired of their lying Gov't. Sure, there are a few ding bats still left who blindly support the US agenda, but what can ya do? This site especially & others I frequent, it's American posters definitely are not for their Gov't.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Bravo, OP.

Vote, I only vote because it's like a fun game & most the time I vote against those I can't stand.

I had a bank account just for the internet with minimal cash in it. Twice they've made mistakes where they then come up with rediculas charges that include $25 dollar a week fees that keep going until they put you negative a few hundred dollars if you don't pay their ransom & then they will spoil your credit. Thus if you don't continually monitor your accounts they use their little triggers to steal from you. Whatever happened to just hiring a bank to hold your money? Now it's a game that you're forced to actively play constantly. I wouldn't mind if it were reasonable, but once they get a hold of you they shake you down for all they can like a guy with a gun to your head, but they pre-planned their heist & got permission from government regulators whom they bribed with luxury cruises & whatnot.

It's the money system that makes it a slave system & if you don't play the game you get cut off & get charged more for insurance or you can't get a job, loan or even bank account etc.
edit on 4-9-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

Yes it all makes you so tired and worn out and the joy is lost! Try having a simple happy uncomplicated life! I just received the bill for the car license so I can use the road I paid to build. My bank sneaked in a fee that we never had and when i called they said yes we sent notice.."it may not have come in one of our envelopes".Just tired!
edit on 4-9-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by petrus4

You should never ignore your government. It's bad enough that the supposed two party system is as corrupt as it is. But to ignore them would be to give up. Do so at your own peril.

I believe that we are starting to wake up...slowly, but surely. All you have to do is look how the entitlement class is whooping and hollering nowadays about those who wish to cut back on some of the funding. But it must be done...across the board.

It's going to get worse before it gets better in my opinion.

I do agree that being self sufficient is the way to go though.

What is the answer then, when there are powers behind the scenes controlling any whom you put in office, that is why it remains the same! The people elected don't even realize until they are in that their hands will be tied and they have 0 power once in office...just puppets if they want themselves and their families safe.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join