It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, please listen to this.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I am becoming exceedingly tired of encountering Americans online, who continue to imply that their government has inherent moral authority, purely because of the fact that it is their government.

Al Capone had a much clearer and more lucid understanding of exactly what your government is, than most of you do. He once said that the only difference between his organisation and the government, was that the government had more money, more guns, and more men.

Please try to understand this. A government is nothing more than a regional monopoly on physical violence. That is literally all. The monopoly is solely on violence; not on moral integrity, or moral authority. Government has no form of inherent moral legitimacy in and of itself, whatsoever. It is no less a form of organised crime than any other. The only difference between it and the Yakuza or Mafia, is quite literally its' size.

Your government is a fascist racket, that is run by elitist psychopaths who do not care about you, to any degree whatsoever. They do not, in practice, serve in any way as the guarantor of your wellbeing, or your freedom. You might still care about what the Constitution says, but the simple fact of the matter is that the people currently inhabiting your government do not.

Another thing that I am fed up with. I am fed up with you going robotically back to the polls every four years, regardless of the fact that you get lied to and manipulated every single time, simply because you don't know what else to do.

Please, hear this. The Republic is DEAD, at this point. D-E-A-D. It has been dead at least since Bush got into office.

Government cannot save you. It cannot help you. Ron Paul is not going to be the guarantor of your interests any more than any other President; and the only reason why some of you are desperate to believe that he will be, is because you are desperate, at any and all costs, to avoid having to do what I am going to describe next.

You need to begin to behave as though THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT, at all; because truthfully, in legitimate terms, you really do not have a government now. You had a Constitutional Republic once. It protected people's rights, for the short time it lasted. But it is gone now. The psychopaths who have subverted the institution, are no longer adhering to its' rules. Many of you need to go and watch V for Vendetta again, and then you need to develop yourselves...and I mean really develop...the attitude that Evey had, where she was willing to be shot rather than do as she was told.

Keep the Constitution. Keep that recognition of your basic rights. Most of you living today, don't have anywhere near as much of an appreciation of your freedom as you should have, and that is why you have currently lost it. There are, however, a number of other things which you need to begin to do.

• Take a course from here, (www.permaculture.org...) and begin growing your own food. The FDA have been raiding, to an increasing degree, people who try and start organic farms, and grow healthy food. There needs to be a large enough group of people doing this, that the FDA and USDA have no chance of stopping all of you.

• Get BSD certification, and stop using a corporate produced, insecure, malware-infested operating system for connecting to the Internet. The BSDs are open source, and completely monetarily free. If you use them, you can have complete control over what you do with your computer.

• Become familiar with the books in this list, and begin giving both your children and yourselves the sort of education that your Constitution's authors would have had.

• Learn to build geodesic domes, to give yourselves cheap housing, that just about anyone can build. Apparently there is a lot of derelict land in America now, as well as a lot of people who need homes. You can use that land!

Abandon your government. Just leave it behind. Don't vote, and don't pay any attention to it whatsoever. Believe me when I say that the one thing that the government is really scared of, more than anything else, is simply being ignored by a group of people who realise that ultimately, the only thing government has over them at all, is the ability to physically kill them. It has nothing positive to offer you, and no real hold over you, either.

Let it go. Do not wait for Ron Paul to improve your lives. He won't. You need to start improving your lives yourselves.

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

ROFLMAO.

Abandon my government ?

Don't vote ?

Me thinks you know way less about my country than you are letting on.

It doesn't work that way. You can't "ignore" a government and think that solves all of your problems. You use government for a vehicle of change. And the only reason , by the way, we say our country is the best is not because it's our country, but because it is the

WORLDS GREATEST SUPER POWER !!!

edit on 4-9-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

amen to that. reminds me of post i read earlier tonight:

"There is no republican vs democrat anymore, you're stupid if you think that matters. They keep you occupied with wedge issues while corporations and institutions continue to extract tax dollars out of this system.

There is class warfare, and it is being waged by the top 1% on everybody else." - from farkdotcom

as well as a recent favorite from an ATS poster:

"In summary Ron Paul sucks. Just like Obama. Just Like Bush. Get over it. No matter who you 'vote' for we all lose" - davewr25

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

If no other reason should be given for a flag and star, barring ideaologies , given;
the bibliograhy of great written works linked in this thread deserve my humble acclaim.
Peace, and be strong in the message. Justice will prevail, and my thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hey man not everybody here in the U.S. believes our government makes the sun come up and grass grow. Some of us here are just as fed up with the atrocities it commits on people of other countries. I for one possess much love for everyone everywhere. I don't care what you look like or what religion you believe in as we are all equal and deserve the rights in our constitution. EVERYONE OF EVERY COUNTRY DESERVES OUR CONSTITUTION. Not this fascist police state that has engulfed our country and abroad. Keep your head up man, not all of us Americans are a reflection of our corrupt leaders. Many of us know what is going on because we study it day and night. I wish we all lived in a perfect world and we all could be friends. God will make it that way someday.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
OP, you are on to something. You can't blame people, really. People have a lot of faith in the American Dream which is a great idea, the problem is, doesn't work for everybody. Some of us need to wake up.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

As an American I agree with about 99% of what you said. However, I see no harm in peacefully attempting to reform the government. That includes a candidate like Ron Paul that holds truth out as a sword, to fight the deception. These men and women inhabit even the worst governments around the world. There are great people who are in government, its just that they stand little chance to make any real difference when they are surrounded by deceivers.

I agree that we must begin taking care of ourselves, and our own people. We need to make sure we are all okay. And for those that say, let others take care of themselves, I will take care of ME; do not forget those other people buying into how you live must not resent you. Be kind and compassionate to each other and stop the ideological high horses many ride on. We are all the same. Some have gifts they keep only for their own gain, and others wish to give the gifts they have been given to help those less gifted.

We are ran by those with gifts, that give only to themselves. However, many Americans are simply clueless how deep the deception goes. They cannot think in more the 2 dimensions, black and white, or left vs. right.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It's like giving power to them so called Government, and then complain about how the government are waging unethical wars and all the social issues and unrest that are a direct or indirect result of the decisions made by the people who have being given power by otherwise 'loyal' citizens.

They system will not change as long as we go back to the polls. The system is not what we think it is, it is not at all transparent.

There is a government within a government. This should be common knowledge here on ATS by now.

Peace

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

It's not the size ofthe weapon that determines a country's greatness, but the caliber of the person holding it.

America still has much to offer, we just need to clean up the septic tank that is DC.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Another thing that I am fed up with. I am fed up with you going robotically back to the polls every four years, regardless of the fact that you get lied to and manipulated every single time, simply because you don't know what else to do.

If you weren't abstract to me, I'd give you a hug.

Government..... who actually looks up that definition? Where's Jordan Maxwell when you need him.

My friend, this rant is as special as any news story that is breaking news, because to most, it is breaking news.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Well said, you just described my own approach from here on in. Step out, disengage.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
In browing the Internet Classics Archive, I found a copy of Aesop's Fables. Looking at the first fable, on the very first page, I came across this:-

The Wolf and the Lamb

Wolf, meeting with a Lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea to justify to the Lamb the Wolf's right to eat him.

He thus addressed him: "Sirrah, last year you grossly insulted me."

"Indeed," bleated the Lamb in a mournful tone of voice, "I was not then born."

Then said the Wolf, "You feed in my pasture."

"No, good sir," replied the Lamb, "I have not yet tasted grass."

Again said the Wolf, "You drink of my well."

"No," exclaimed the Lamb, "I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother's milk is both food and drink to me."

Upon which the Wolf seized him and ate him up, saying, "Well! I won't remain supperless, even though you refute every one of my imputations."

The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.

Appropriate for the current time, no?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

edit on 4-9-2011 by airjoker88 because: (no reason given)

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts:

*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the video,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the video
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
[
edit on Tue Sep 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Good post! I'll add it is not just the American government it is all governments. Start building the society of the future! Don't vote it only encourages them and legitimize's thier plunder. Permaculture and Aquaponics! There are better systems then geodesic domes. Concrete domes and vaults are easier learning curve stronger and leak proof but to each his own.. Look into collecting rain water instead of drilling wells also.

PS I would add "And All Peoples" to the title
edit on 4-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Wait a sec...Are you really telling us not to vote and RP can't save you????

How much do they pay you (TPTB) to post this on here???

And how do you sleep at night???

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Thats some heavy reading material

Most people don't have the attention spans to to read through a comic book let alone
the notoriously dense Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica... Many of the other
books on that list are also beyond most people to even understand, nice idea though.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Bravo, OP.

Vote, I only vote because it's like a fun game & most the time I vote against those I can't stand.

Every time a cop dies they have a parade where all the cops from bordering states (even Canadian mounties here in WA) come & drive their government supplied vehicles with government supplied gas & then rent out an expensive stadium and spend a few million dollars of tax money like they are gods instead of servants. Okay a few of them are good guys, but I get tired of seeing that crap plastered on the news like were supposed to worship government workers.

I'd love to completely ignore government, but if you try to drive without tabs & whatnot they'll steal your car. So many regulations & laws.

Just to go for a hike you have to research where your going & if your parking on state land you need one of their permits & federal land you need a different permit. Then you might need a wilderness permit in some areas or special camping permits in others. Then you have private forest land which you often need advanced permission which they may or may not give. Many of these forest were stolen from the American people by corrupt government officials who took bribes and gave away the land to what are now some of the richest families / corporations in the country. I'd just love to take a year or two off and walk the earth, but you can't without all the damn permits. Don't have them and they will hound you and in some cases arrest you.

Try to go sports fishing - you have to carry an identification book, measuring devices, might need to have a nautical chart, must have a phone to call regulators to double check opening & closing times and areas which are often not decided until the time you need to already be out on the water in order to take part. Sometimes you have to go back in and come out the next day. Then you need all the damned tags for each species & special colored buoys with your name & phone number for crab or shrimp. No wonder we have to carry so much beer when we go out.

If you work for someone other than yourself - they pre-pay your taxes. I've been self employed for about 20 years. If they pay cash there is no record.

I ignore them all I can.

You need money to do anything, but it's value is constantly manipulated so you can't just go out and make some money & expect to live off of it. You have to be continually involved in the money games in order to keep the spending power that the money had when you made it. That itself involves risks with dirty Banks & often dirty brokers and then the Tax man who constantly wants a cut even when your money loses value.

I had a bank account just for the internet with minimal cash in it. Twice they've made mistakes where they then come up with rediculas charges that include $25 dollar a week fees that keep going until they put you negative a few hundred dollars if you don't pay their ransom & then they will spoil your credit. Thus if you don't continually monitor your accounts they use their little triggers to steal from you. Whatever happened to just hiring a bank to hold your money? Now it's a game that you're forced to actively play constantly. I wouldn't mind if it were reasonable, but once they get a hold of you they shake you down for all they can like a guy with a gun to your head, but they pre-planned their heist & got permission from government regulators whom they bribed with luxury cruises & whatnot.

It's the money system that makes it a slave system & if you don't play the game you get cut off & get charged more for insurance or you can't get a job, loan or even bank account etc.
edit on 4-9-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You should never ignore your government. It's bad enough that the supposed two party system is as corrupt as it is. But to ignore them would be to give up. Do so at your own peril.

I believe that we are starting to wake up...slowly, but surely. All you have to do is look how the entitlement class is whooping and hollering nowadays about those who wish to cut back on some of the funding. But it must be done...across the board.

It's going to get worse before it gets better in my opinion.

I do agree that being self sufficient is the way to go though.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

"the entitlement class"? what pray tell is the entitlement class? is that tea party speak? or is it something those pillars of intellect Palin & Bachmann coined?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join