It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to contact ET ther're here and we know it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ok I'm pretty much convinced there is something here visiting us. Since that is the case maybe it's time we get ET's attention. Maybe they're waiting for us to contact them. I'm sure there is things we can learn from them. If they were hostel we would know about it by now.

Numbers are a universal language. If we could somehow set something up that grabs thier attention and use numbers so they can figure out what we're saying.

We have Seti and radial telescopes searching deep space for radio transmisions. Maybe we don't have to look any further then our own atmosphere?

Lets take a page from the movie close encounters of the third kind and try something.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

If they are here they are most probably at Area51. Someone need to "bite the bullet" to say hi. Be my guest.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

If they are here they are most probably at Area51. Someone need to "bite the bullet" to say hi. Be my guest.
I don't believe aliens are at area 51 but I do believe something is here checking us out.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Same here, I fully believe that we are not alone in this universe.

We're on this planet called Earth in ONE solar system, in ONE galaxy filled with billions of other solar systems, all in an expanding universe with BILLIONS of other galaxies. The human mind cannot fathom the scale of that!

But, in all honesty, I really don't think, as a species, that we are ready for contact. Seriously, why would they come here when we idolize ignoramuses on Jersey Shore, along with all the blatant atrocities in society these days.
edit on 9/4/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Some of them are here on ATS!

How convenient?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Same here, I fully believe that we are not alone in this universe.

We're on this planet called Earth in ONE solar system, in ONE galaxy filled with billions of other solar systems, all in an expanding universe with BILLIONS of other galaxies. The human mind cannot fathom the scale of that!

But, in all honesty, I really don't think, as a species, that we are ready for contact. Seriously, why would they come here yet when we idolize ignoramuses on Jersey Shore, along with
You don't need to convince me I already believe something is here with us.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Please don't derail my topic. This isn't about wether they exsist or not. I'm a firm believer we are not alone. I want a serious discusion of making contact.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Ok lets do it but first are we going to use dots to represent numbers or are we going to teach them our number system first because 1+2 using our number sys we under stand but it could mean fu in their language etc..

Eta While we try to communicate we will need to start really small because if they have a better understanding of math than us ( or differ in formulas ) we could send the wrong message real easy.
edit on 4-9-2011 by jonco6 because: +

edit on 4-9-2011 by jonco6 because: fix

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

My bad.

Well like how we watch over species on this planet and observe them, the same could be applied to a civilization far ahead of us technological-wise. They are watching our development, not wanting to intervene, because ultimately we have caused our own problems. Contact would be...well...it would really have to happen for me to say something. Sort of a heat of the moment thing I guess. Sending them messages in binary code? They probably already know we're here and have been watching us since ~250,000 year ago.

"Waiting for us to contact them"...Even if we do have access to the technology (through mathematics) to "speak to them", that doesn't necessarily mean we are ready for them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Yes but the suprise on both sides should be enough to keep tention at bay. I mean what if one day you were sitting in the yard and the ants come along and spell something out for you I think that would be shocking.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
They cannot contact you if you are not free to be contacted. If you are pledged, bound, or bundled, they will not interfere.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i dont think they havent really contacted us cause of the act that we havent tried contacting back with binary code or with lights or sound ike in the movie "close encounters"

i think whn someone see's a ufo they should try an contact them back with some type of light sysstem

just my say i could be wrong

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Gotta be honest, I think we should post-pone giving any aliens a call until we've got our snip together here on planet Earth. This species is an embarrassment currently, worthless wars, petty politics and people starving to death by the thousands while we all bicker away endlessly. If I was an alien I wouldn't even bother landing.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
i agree I feel some aliens are here on ats aswell, If I were an advanced race I would definitely keep an eye on those that seek truth on a planet of lies.....................................................as for the timing for contact not yet but soon we need another false flag or two for more people to wake up
edit on 4-9-2011 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I can certainly see that point of view. That being said, we've had all those things since the beginning of man, and I think we will have all those things until we destroy ourselves. If we wait to have contact until we get our stuff together, we likely will never have contact. I guess in that case you could say we were never a worthy enough species to have contact, but maybe contact can be the thing that will give us a kick in the pants to get our stuff together. If children have no guidance, they usually grow up to be a-holes, hence the current status of the human race.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Please don't derail my topic. This isn't about wether they exsist or not. I'm a firm believer we are not alone. I want a serious discusion of making contact.

i think it's more about remembering contact rather than making it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I am also a believer that we are not alone. And I think that they will not make contact with us until all humans learn how to cope without ripping this planet that we call Earth from the inside out. It's like a test. They are waiting to see if we have the capabilities to fix our own problems before they step in and share information. If that day ever comes, we won't know until we get our sh!t together.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think they missed their window of opportunity for contacting the 'people' of earth.

They are the big boys in the universe compared to us infants, it should be their job to contact us first. When parents have a child, they don't wait for the child to start talking before speaking to it.

If I were to have to contact them first I would have a few choice words for those little jaggon suckers, one of which would be to frak off.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Being humans cant get along with each other, if we were to have ET contact it could be one of 2 things -

Something that unites humanity and pushes us past our petty differences - assuming the ET's are peaceful.

or....

A continued divide between people and nations, while governments jockey for position to gain the favor of the ET's in an effort to control the planet on their behalf - assuming they are hostile and dont mind intefering in lesser civilization developmental process.

In the state our planet and people are in now, letting humans not only know they arent alone, but allowing them off the planet could be detramental to other societies.

Humans have not exactly shown the ability to get along with things we dont understand, and thats based on just polotics.

Introduce exepolitics into the mix......

We would be better off consulting a magic 8 ball.....

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
John Lundberg, the famous crop-circle hoaxer, says he believes he has gotten ET's attention. He wrote on his Web site that one night just as he and his team were ready to start a hoax circle a bright light appeared and they waited for it to leave before proceeding. He also said he believed that at least one real crop circle was a response to one of his fakes. If you can't believe an admitted hoaxer, who can you believe?!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join