It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hemp Plant - Mans Oldest and Safest Drug

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
All this talk about legalization is what the moderators use to close these threads. I suggest you give it a rest and stay a bit more on-topic

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I doubt anyone would disagee hemp is a versitile and useful natural resource, or
that thc has some medicinal properties. But you are making a mistake by basically
using 'low thc content natural hemp' as a poster boy for how safe and great 'high
tch content recreational cannabis' is.

Saying that cannabis has 0 deaths associated with it is also very misleading, personally I know of at least 4 people who have commited suicide as a result of mental illness caused through heavy use of cannabis. Im sure most people know at least one person who have had their lives ruined and personality dramatically altered by smoking too much dope. There is also overwhelming evidence that it is a gateway drug, and around 80% of people who use it end up dabbling in other drugs. So no its not the 100% safe wonder drug you portray.
Having said all that, I still believe it should legalized to remove it from the hands of the criminal
underworld. Also the claims that it is cure for cancer are very dubious..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Who said anything about getting high with recreational cannabis? Compared to the legality and mortality rate of booze pills and cigs, shunning the hemp plant is ludicrous. esp when it can be used as a real stimulus for the people bc is it is a hard commodity instead of big money that we never see.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

So you put marijuana in the same category?

Weed does not kill people like cigarettes kill people,

Weed does not kill people like aspirin or xanyx kills people.

people can abuse water. its all in moderation of course...non addictive.

You would have to smoke pounds simultaneously to OD and at that point i think it would be considered suffocation

so your point again?

btw the What If Cannabis Cured Cancer video states:

someone who uses marijuana has a less chance of getting cancer than someone who never smoked anything at all.

edit on 4-9-2011 by ElliotNoir because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by ElliotNoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

u would be correct..smoking hemp has side affects,bad ones and for some people it can cause pycosis....but taking the oil would not be smoking it,the healing properties come into affect when ingesting,or using as a rubbing oil...again this oil can be smoked but that would only be defeating the purpose
so let me break it down for you...smoking hemp (or anything for that matter ) is bad for you,do not be confused with the healing properties of the chemicals when used in a medicinal way..

peace

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes the tar is bad for your lungs. That brown resinous goo that accumulates at the mouth of your joint and in bowls ends up in your lungs.

albeit it doesnt have all the synthetic chemicals and poisons of a cig, still not good for you

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ElliotNoir

0 deaths from weed?
Are you not forgetting the 10's of thousands of Mexicans murdered over the past few years because of the drug trade - and yes, marijuana plays a central role in the Mexican drug syndicate's operations. Then there are the many thousands murdered across north america that are marijuana related... I don't know where exactly you get your info, but it's fatally flawed.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ElliotNoir

Exactly.

According to research, 1 joint does the same damage to your lungs as 8 full-strength cigarettes. So no, it's certainly very bad for your health. And we've not even touched on the permanent damage it does to your brain.
But that's another health-related subject altogether. Psychosis anyone?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

Saying that cannabis has 0 deaths associated with it is also very misleading, personally I know of at least 4 people who have commited suicide as a result of mental illness caused through heavy use of cannabis. Im sure most people know at least one person who have had their lives ruined and personality dramatically altered by smoking too much dope. There is also overwhelming evidence that it is a gateway drug, and around 80% of people who use it end up dabbling in other drugs. So no its not the 100% safe wonder drug you portray.

I agree with what your saying regarding mental illness, however, i would maintain that it is only a gateway drug because of its source. If you didn't have to go to a criminal to buy it, im pretty sure you would be less likely to hear ...

'Im out of pot at the moment, but i do have some of this meth if you are interested.'

If you purchased pot from the same place you got your alcohol or everybody grew it themselves, it would be less of a needy type commodity and less crime would come from it im sure. In addition how many people would then call alcohol a gateway drug because pot was available where you get alcohol?

Think about how many young people would suddenly become interested in gardening and go outside. In the Sun no less! That could only be a good thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

Young people should not even touch pot. It is very dangerous psychologically and physiologically to any developing child. Most cases of marijuana-related psychosis are found in younger adults and children using the drug. It's just plain dangerous in their hands.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
closed pending staff review

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join