It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Omega Point

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is more philosophical than actual science.

The Omega Point..what is it?

Do you believe that we are expanding towards it....or being pulled to it? That is the question.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

If you gave more substance you might get more replies.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

If I had more information...I wouldn't be asking...What is it?

Ok...off to research...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Its funny that a lot of times when I post something on here, there is always somebody that posts something way too similar at the same time. Talk about Global consciousness.

I just posted this that answers or comes up with a hypothesis for this "omega point" you are speaking of

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no such thing as zero. Although there is a such thing as the absence of dimension, which would be a single point which w/o dimension would be infinity. It wouldn't be zero because it exists although it doesn't exist within the context of observable reality.

The point would be infinity. This infinity would have the capacity for intelligence. The 1d line gets introduced as the beginning of the process of intelligent energy. It is intelligence itself which is useless without informational processing which begins at the 2d level by the introduction of the first perceivable dimension (width). 2d is the beginning of informational processing which is known as learning.

Any 2d object perceived in 2d space is only observed as 1 dimensional(width) with the awareness of another dimension of length. This is the beginning of specific knowledge.

The specificity of this knowledge is very finite. This isn't the nature of reality, due to the nature of reality as being infinite. There is infinity and 1d which are both indeterminable quantities which means they are infinite. Infinity is a mystery. 1d is the beginning of intelligence and all it has as a reference is something that is mysterious. It is infinite, but, essentially clueless.

2d is the beginning of learning by specific observation of particular quantities. It is very specific and very finite which is obviously not the nature of infinity at all.

1d is infinite and is trying to find its way back to its source through informational processing. 3d gets introduced because 2d doesn't resolve the mystery of infinity. 1d is existence. 2d is processing of existence. 3d is processing of processing of existence. 4d will be processing of processing of processing of existence, and so on..

I was coming up with all of this pretty much off the top of my head so I don't assert the validity of it all
edit on 3-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Cool vid. I'm putting together some material for an upcoming OP and seeing this I thought I would share this tidbit about the cosmological argument here that I think you would dig. Plato & former-student Aristotle were the first to get the argument more widespread attention. It's fascinating to contemplate.

I think the truths lie in the paradoxes. That and our consciousness alone pretty much tell me a far greater intellect than mine lives beyond space-time. I think Love is God. Check out the classic debate below in better detail than I gave it here. Peace.

The cosmological argument is an argument for the existence of a First Cause (or instead, an Uncaused cause) to the universe, and by extension is often used as an argument for the existence of an "unconditioned" or "supreme" being, usually then identified as God. It is traditionally known as an argument from universal causation, an argument from first cause, the causal argument or the argument from existence.

Whichever term is employed, there are three basic variants of the argument, each with subtle yet important distinctions: the arguments from in causa (causality), in esse (essentiality), in fieri (becoming), and the argument from contingency.

The basic premise of all of these is that something caused the Universe to exist, and this First Cause must be God. It has been used by various theologians and philosophers over the centuries, from the ancient Greek Plato and Aristotle to the medieval St. Thomas Aquinas and beyond. It is also applied by the Spiritist doctrine as the main argument for the existence of God.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Thank you.

I would consider the bear minimum to start a topic to be enough information to form an opinion and commit to at least one trajectory of enquiry. Otherwise it's just a waste of space. Sorry to sound harsh. Too many posts on here with no content as of late.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think that the cosmogenesis of the noosphere is inevitable, once we discover our true nature and recognize the full extent of our prior ignorance. It's not going to be easy, however, for a variety of reasons, one of which is the necessity of freedom that love mandates..

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

We are surrounded by omega points. i believe omega points to be the area akin to the fork in the road. It is a single road until you come to a fork, Each fork leads to a whole nother series of events, so it could be considered your life entirely changes depending on what fork you take. The Omega point is the time before the choice of what to do happens. This could be how alternate realities exist if the universe is truly infinite.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think the archetypal omega point is a transition from our 4D world (3 + time) into something we might characterize as a 5D world - whether it is experienced individually or en masse is a whole different ball of wax.

To answer your specific question, I believe we are both expanding into it AND being pulled into it. In some cases, screaming and kicking.

edit on 9/3/2011 by Open2Truth because: punctuation mishap

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

No problem, but why is it that you have to be an expert on every subject to start a thread? My inquiry is because I don't know and don't have information which I hope to draw out information from the very "learned" members on here...LOL...you know I'm being funny..right?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yes...I believe it! Conscious connection...thank you for the link...I will look!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

Interesting concept. I thought the Omega Point was either what we are hurling towards or being pulled to...and that was my question...which one is it?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Agreed! Hurling and being pulled....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

Interesting concept. I thought the Omega Point was either what we are hurling towards or being pulled to...and that was my question...which one is it?

Both actually, an Omega point is only a current outcome of a possibility.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Good stuff though!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The Omegapoint, as conceived by de Chardin, can only be understood, and realized within an evolutionary framework.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I never said you had to be an expert nor did I mean to offend you.

I'm sure you can see how many discussions get derailed because the OP hasn't enough of an idea to sustain an intelligent and thoughtful thread. This is a critical component of forums such as these because they deal with very esoteric or not very well known / recognized ideas. An open comment, that lacks any direction will end up with comments of "The Zeta Reticulans told me" or "I HAD A VISION OF TEH ANGELS AND THEY TELL ME" kind of crap there's all of much of on this site.

I don't disagree with the question posed in your OP, I disagree with the lack of any personal relationship to it that I can form an agrument with, any information pertaining to the question, or even any discernible path of enquiry for us to follow as a group.

I'm not into virtual "love ins" I want meat for my spiritual body. That's the point I'm trying to make.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blaze researcher

I would say don't listen to the critics, what you speak of is very profound thought and hard for some to wrap their mind around.
It truly amazes me how narrow minded some people can be.
They think Earth is the only existence, and don't realize the Universe is only in it's infancy.

We are only out on this excursion about13.5 billion years, even if we were out 100 billion years, what of the beings that will exist in 1 trillion years.

Because the universe exist, it is contained and uncontained, in the Gita it says Rama Exhale, Rama Inhale, wonder what they mean?

They say gravity is so weak, it's so weak it was the designer behind the land scape of the entire Universe, that includes you.
The Black holes will gather and bring the Big Crunch, Hawking says the Hawking Rays are the answer, they are only answer to allowing his Open Universe theory to work.
All these scientist leave a dismal end to this Universe, the thing they keep leaving out of the equation is the Human or intelligent creature, machine.

The Singularity sits unmoved, all is illusion.
edit on 4-9-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in my life.

Sure, I could end my own personal suffering. But what of the thousands of people who're going to sleep tonight to never wake up tomorrow? The hundreds of kids who're at this moment, shooting, raping and destroying their own people and lands? What about the corrupt institutions of government, law and employment that have asserted too much control over the functioning of the normal world. Your personal liberation is not going to help relieve any of that. In fact all your liberation will do is insight anger and hatred towards you.

Of course in India it's all okay to leave and go live in a forest in solitude but in the rest of the developed world it is not. Nor is it acceptable, or even possible, for someone to attain liberation from this suffering to then leave this realm behind as it it. That is why the Bodhisattva choose to stay here even when presented with Nirvana or Enlightenment. The goal is to alleviate the suffering of all sentient beings - not just one single ego mass.

So yeah, if you want to solely concentrate on your small pool that's all well and good. I on the other hand am more concerned with the life of everything, not just man, that has it's existence on this planet. to deal with the world it must be treated objectively and seen objectively. Not through the rose coloured glasses all of you pseudo-spiritualists seem content to live under.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotep Sol

Man what are you talking about, I never read such idiotic rambling .
What the hell are you talking about?
edit on 4-9-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join