It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea has 100+ nuclear warheaeds, what are we waiting for to stop them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I know that some countries may take the bluff of "You use any WMD and we'll send twice as many volleys', but when dealing with extremists and fundamentalists they don't care about that, they will be willing to fight to the death, and when you face an opponent who does not fear death then you are up against a harder enemy.

Even if Iraq, or the future someone like Iran or North Korea use WMD's that doesn't mean we're going simply nuke the whole country, we're not that stupid and in the end it won't achieve anything except irradiated land which will be useless for at least a 100 years.

Another thing if there ever was a nuclear exchange it would not be WW3, as a war is a prolonged conflict. When countries fire nukes at each other it'd be over in a matter of hours. Afterwards there'd be nothing as everything would be decimated. What use will that bring? Nothing which is why the cold war ended without a shot being fired.

It's perfectly conceivable in the future that North Korea may form an alliance with Iran. However both regimes are built on slightly different ideals, there'd surely be differences between the regimes and i can't imagine communism and religious fanaticism going hand in hand. If there was ever an alliance between the two countries, it would be of necessity rather than of friendship.

I'm no expert on the intricacies of politics or military tactics, but i'm pretty sure what i've said would be there more likely approach in a given situation.

who

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is the worst time possible to attack anther country. For one thing, we are not very popular with the world community right now, pissing off China by attacking North Korea could very well end us. Its tough to fight a country with 1.2 billion people. Another thing is that our military is so small and underfunded, we couldnt afford it. As its already been said, we have tons of nukes, who is to say only our Allies and us are allowed to have them? If we attack them then I guess every other country that doesnt like us should have the right to attack us for having Nukes. Going to war with Korea is one of the stupidest things this country could do, unless they attack us first- which I am just guessing but dont think is going to happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why do people always think that just because China's Army is so huge that we would loose in a "Conventional War"- meaning NO NUKES.
It all comes down to Air Superiority and America has it, Once we have control of the air we would just bomb the # out of there troops.

I'm just stating the facts, i'm not suggesting we go to war with China.

And another thing. Not all the US does is about oil, people always think that just because we use the most.

Our wars happen from threats, if someone defies the US and the UN then we step in and take action. Iraqs oil is more for them then us, it's there cash cow, they get millions a day from it. So when a terrorist bombs a oil pipeline in Iraq he's not doing it to have american humvees run out of gas, he's doing it so his country has no income and try and keep peace from happening in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Only people with a fear of death fear that line. Only people who are sane fear it. People willing to die for a cause could care less how many nukes you have.

if they fear their culture being destroyed they would think twice about using any wmd, terrorists are another story because they operate outside of governments.

any country would fear a nuclear response, and would realise they couldnt fight back once they were destroyed, what cause could there be if you and your nation is destroyed? they would care very much.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't doubt that China couldn't win in a conventional war, it all comes down who can control the land, sea & skies. Obviously America would probably have the advantage with air and sea power but that doesn't mean the Chinese couldn't retaliate in kind.

For instance we don't exactly know China's military strength nor the full content of their military but they certainly have the advantage of pure numbers and also technology that although may not be as advanced as the West, due to it being less complicated it could be manufactured quicker and be maintained easier.

I guess this is the wrong thread for military tactics but i had to answer.

I agree with people's sentiments that it would be foolish to enter into a war with North Korea or China. To do so would introduce more instability to the world, something which we need a lot less of and certainly make the UK/US even more unpopular. Not to mention the actual cost in lives and money of launching such a camapign there'd simply be nothing to gain and it wouldn't be worth the sacrifice.

I always believe in treating any opponent with caution however advanced our military are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join