It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God accept bribes, ransoms, indulgences and sacrifice of Jesus?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Greatest I am

How special for you. Fantasy is fun eh?
No, these were real life situations that were not fun.
I had an angel take me by the hand and lift me up to save me, one time. I would have been shortly dead if he had not all of a sudden showed up at that moment.

What can I say.

There are 6 million angels who shirk their duty then by not helping those 6 million who starve to death yearly.
Tell you what, you tell your angel to tell my angel to get to work on the next 6 million. I have no need for it to fill and I do not like idle angels hanging about.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I do not have a lot of two-way conversations with angels and they never ask me for advice.
They seem to do things when there are no people who can do it.
People need to do things to help out. I know the US gives a lot of food aid but they may not be doing it in the most efficient manner. We all need to do our part to influence politicians to do a better job and to fulfill our obligation to vote for people who will make the system better.

edit on 14-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I do not have a lot of two-way conversations with angels and they never ask me for advice.
They seem to do things when there are no people who can do it.
People need to do things to help out. I know the US gives a lot of food aid but they may not be doing it in the most efficient manner. We all need to do our part to influence politicians to do a better job and to fulfill our obligation to vote for people who will make the system better.

edit on 14-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Aw shucks.
Oh well, there goes another 6 million to die because your God will not step up.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Aw shucks.

Regards
DL
Well, don't get discourage and I don't meant to do that to you, really.
We need to acknowledge our own godhood and get it together, now.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Strange that your truth goes directly against both what Jesus said and what James, his brother, said.
You are right and they are wrong of course.

Faith without works is dead.
Shall I bother getting you the quotes?

Regards
DL

You are correct. Works are a reflection of faith. If the faith is not there, neither will the works be present. A person can claim to be faithful, but if the works are not there, faith is dead. How did I contradict this? Or, how do James and Jesus contradict this?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Strange that your truth goes directly against both what Jesus said and what James, his brother, said.
You are right and they are wrong of course.

Faith without works is dead.
Shall I bother getting you the quotes?

Regards
DL

You are correct. Works are a reflection of faith. If the faith is not there, neither will the works be present. A person can claim to be faithful, but if the works are not there, faith is dead. How did I contradict this? Or, how do James and Jesus contradict this?

"The law also stood as an example to show that man cannot please God by works. Faith must produce good works by loving God first. "

If God judges man by his beliefs and faith, and not by his works, that means that he would condemn good men.
If so, then that God is an ass hole.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

"The law also stood as an example to show that man cannot please God by works. Faith must produce good works by loving God first. "

If God judges man by his beliefs and faith, and not by his works, that means that he would condemn good men.

Jesus said, "You must be born again." There is no option. There are two ways to be born again. Either you are born (baptized) into the water or into the spirit. The escape the material, you must love God from faith, not work. No man can be free of sin. Divine justice is divine. You must be born again is in John 3. Hebrews 9:27-28 describes how the person is judged and that we all wait for salvation at the 2nd coming of Christ. There is also a final judgment after the 1000 years of peace. The dead in Christ will be raised to new life. The Bible is not written for each generation that lives, it is written to each generation as they live. Faith produces good works as a byproduct. Good works are not sufficient to gain union with the spirit. Faith and love for God produce the union of love for the spirit.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Jesus said, "You must be born again." There is no option. There are two ways to be born again. Either you are born (baptized) into the water or into the spirit. The escape the material, you must love God from faith, not work. No man can be free of sin. Divine justice is divine. You must be born again is in John 3. Hebrews 9:27-28 describes how the person is judged and that we all wait for salvation at the 2nd coming of Christ. There is also a final judgment after the 1000 years of peace. The dead in Christ will be raised to new life. The Bible is not written for each generation that lives, it is written to each generation as they live. Faith produces good works as a byproduct. Good works are not sufficient to gain union with the spirit. Faith and love for God produce the union of love for the spirit.

My statement stands. If God condemns a good man, regardless of his relationship or lack of a God or Jesus, then God is an evil S O B.
If you cannot or do not agree, then you are like your God.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Aw shucks.

Regards
DL
Well, don't get discourage and I don't meant to do that to you, really.
We need to acknowledge our own godhood and get it together, now.

We are all our own Gods. We have Gods coming out of our ass.
It is organization that is required and there is no one I know with the charisma or enough of a sense of humor to have the whole world laughing at itself to trigger the required change. That of building one single demographic pyramid for the world.
So many chiefs and no grand chief.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

George Carlin and Frank Zappa are dead and woe are we. (this actually makes me cry)

edit on 16-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

George Carlin and Frank Zappa are dead and woe are we. (this actually makes me cry)

edit on 16-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Carlin had one of the keenest minds on earth.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

My statement stands. If God condemns a good man, regardless of his relationship or lack of a God or Jesus, then God is an evil S O B. If you cannot or do not agree, then you are like your God. www.youtube.com... Regards DL

You define good incorrectly:

Romans 3

9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”

Isaiah 64

How then can we be saved?
6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
7 No one calls on your name
or strives to lay hold of you;
for you have hidden your face from us
and have given us over to our sins.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My statement stands. If God condemns a good man, regardless of his relationship or lack of a God or Jesus, then God is an evil S O B. If you cannot or do not agree, then you are like your God. www.youtube.com... Regards DL

You define good incorrectly:

Romans 3

9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”

Isaiah 64

How then can we be saved?
6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
7 No one calls on your name
or strives to lay hold of you;
for you have hidden your face from us
and have given us over to our sins.

Garbage.
Go away and take your immorality with you.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Doublemint
If he does thats great and we can go to heaven and it will be great. If not then we all get punished and it will be painfull. so the question is which one would you rather believe?

In all things, I prefer to believe that which is true.
Learning is a joy and I have the time. So do we all so I don't know why believers take the lazy way to truth by deluding themselves into believing in fantasy, miracles and magic.

Regards
DL

I do not understand what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

That of building one single demographic pyramid for the world.

The Pyramids are ancient history my friend. The new temple is without bounds.

The problem isn't that there are too many Chiefs, it is that we lack enough Kings and Queens at the moment.

Time, time, time, is on my side.

Rest awhile my friend, and have faith.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 20-9-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I have only read the title...
When push comes to shove,a lot of people will wish that
God would accept bribes.What God wants is a repentent heart.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

If he does thats great and we can go to heaven and it will be great. If not then we all get punished and it will be painfull. so the question is which one would you rather believe?

In all things, I prefer to believe that which is true.
Learning is a joy and I have the time. So do we all so I don't know why believers take the lazy way to truth by deluding themselves into believing in fantasy, miracles and magic.

Regards
DL

I do not understand what you are saying.

I am saying that a theology built on fantasy, miracles and magic is not worth much.

The Bible is a good book of wisdom if read right and the right way to read it is not literally.

For instance, the story of A & E. If people believe that there was a real talking snake, they will never dither out what it represents in the myth and people will miss that Eden is really a myth of a rite of passage and will believe that Eden was the fall of man. That view is a Christian one and the original writers, the Jews, see Eden as our elevation and not our fall.

They are right and Christians are wrong.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

That of building one single demographic pyramid for the world.

The Pyramids are ancient history my friend. The new temple is without bounds.

The problem isn't that there are too many Chiefs, it is that we lack enough Kings and Queens at the moment.

Time, time, time, is on my side.

Rest awhile my friend, and have faith.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 20-9-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

Why in hell would I want to discard logic and reason for faith?
Do you even have a clue as to what you are suggesting. I doubt it.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I have only read the title...
When push comes to shove,a lot of people will wish that
God would accept bribes.What God wants is a repentent heart.

God has then set a ransom or price.

Thanks. I agree.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join