It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast Food Chicken Recall, Does Anyone Know Anything?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Mods, feel free to move. I've never started a thread, prefer to lurk in the background.

I work in a franchise of a MAJOR fast food restaurant. At around 5 p.m. this afternoon, our manager very suddenly told us to stop selling chicken, even though we just started a huge national campaign featuring a 99 cent chicken item. We literally destroyed over 100 lbs of chicken with a specific distributor number and expiration date. No reason was given, but the instructions were very specific that we don't serve this chicken, and that nobody is allowed to take it home with them.
I'm concerned. I ate this chicken. My daughter ate this chicken. We used more than a case before we were told to destroy all remaining quantities.
Has anyone heard anything about a recall on chicken?
If it's a bacteria or virus problem, I'm not concerned, because we're very particular about safety protocols at my particular restaurant.
I have absolutely nothing to back this up, because I've been searching online for news for 3 hours, but I haven't found anything. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
AliWV

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I found this:

content.costco.ca...

Lilydale has announced a quality recall of certain Lilydale Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, item #44845, sold at Costco Wholesale in British Columbia between August 27 and August 31, 2011. The affected product has a best before date of September 4th to September 6th, 2011 inclusive.

The Lilydale Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs are being recalled due to early spoilage issues. This is not a food safety issue.

Strangely, that's Canada but a few more links that were announcing a chicken recall in the US have dropped the articles. 2 different news sites dropped the same story with the exact same wording. ?

Article Not Available The story you are trying to view is no longer available through this Web site.

OHIO 3 days ago
www.whiotv.com...

North Georgia 2 days ago
www.wsbtv.com...

There is a recall on chicken salad as well:

specials.msn.com...

Hard plastic pieces found in packages of Bumble Bee chicken salad products have led to a national recall of a large amount of food. Two kits were affected, according to the company website.

edit on 3-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

Hopefully it wasn't any particular fast-food pizza places. I just ate a large pizza from a fast food pizza place a few minutes ago! I am not sick yet. I don't believe it's anything to worry about for me.

I would still like to know what states the contamination is in, as well as other data that's useful in these situations (organism(s), etc.).

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

This happens all the time.
I worked for a fast food franchise for 3 years, and at least every other month, we had recalls.

More often than not chicken, or beef.

No big deal, it may even be good for consumption but a "possibility" of some sort of contamination has occured and that is usually enough to get a full recall.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Not to worry, InFriNiTee, it's not a Pizza place.
This is a reallly big deal for us. We just detroyed three days worth of product. We've been under a spending freeze for months, and we just started a massive chicken item campaign. so it's really going to cut into our bottom line. I, as well as most of my coworkers have eaten this chicken for two days along with many of our customers. Nobody's gotten sick that I know of. I just wish they'd tell us what"s going on. Something. Anything.
AliWV

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I wish people would realize that when a product gets really cheep be afraid!
Think of all the disease that has caused the slaughter of millions of chickens in the last years...bird flu and others, now think of ways China or some country USA even could not watch the disposal well and many people do not care, they think cook it properly and we will be ok, getting it for near nothing...sell cheep..McDonalds and others have been lowering and lowering chicken.
So glad I am vegetarian!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully someone will have the rest of the information to figure out which birds were bad from which supplier. The good news I suppose would be that food poisoning hits pretty quick. Years driving a truck taught me that better than I'll ever care to share.

Personally, since I first read about the widespread use of Arsenic in chicken feed to artificially fatten up the birds, I stopped eating any form of chicken for any reason whatever. That's just me though.... It's claimed the arsenic stopped...but the mindset that actually did it sure hasn't changed. It's just crazy what they do to animals bred for the food supply. Ugh......

Heavy Metals! It's whats for dinner!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't know about any fast food chicken recalls,
but any body that eats that stuff, should be recalled!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

Are you going to tell us which place so we can refrain from eating there or are you gonna keep it under wraps? As long as your kids are safe, right?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

I have had McDonalds McNuggets, burger king chicken fries and wendeys spicy chicken sandwich today. I'm really not fat, I just live like a jackass. But anyways, am I safe? Thumbs up or thumbs down are enough for me!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
go here...

www.recalls.gov...

can find any recall...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

Thanks for the tip, while I don't eat fast food (I am an organic food freak) my son lives on fast food, so I will let him know that something is going on.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, all fast food restaurants' food should be recalled. It's an insult to the health and taste buds to the masses. People have become so desensitized to their palate from being pumped full of so much sodium and chemicals that they can't even respect good, honest food anymore.

Pre-processed, mass produced food is killing you. It is killing your respect for any form culinary art. We've worked too hard to accomplish the amazing things we have in the culinary world to be bastardized by fast food chains. Don't support them, don't eat it. Live local and eat local. Stop consuming preservative and start eating what the earth has to offer in its simplest form.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
stopped at Taco bell tonight and noticed a sign that read:"Due to diminished stock ..we will not have any grilled chicken products until Tuesday, Sorry for the inconvenience" ...

hmmmm maybe this has something to do wit that ......

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
My husband got food poisoning a few weeks ago after eating a fast food chicken burrito. I don't know what contamination caused the illness, but I think he reported it to the department of health or whoever handles that. I forget what the exact date was, probably about three weeks ago this happened.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliWV
Mods, feel free to move. I've never started a thread, prefer to lurk in the background.

I work in a franchise of a MAJOR fast food restaurant. At around 5 p.m. this afternoon, our manager very suddenly told us to stop selling chicken, even though we just started a huge national campaign featuring a 99 cent chicken item. We literally destroyed over 100 lbs of chicken with a specific distributor number and expiration date. No reason was given, but the instructions were very specific that we don't serve this chicken, and that nobody is allowed to take it home with them.
I'm concerned. I ate this chicken. My daughter ate this chicken. We used more than a case before we were told to destroy all remaining quantities.
Has anyone heard anything about a recall on chicken?
If it's a bacteria or virus problem, I'm not concerned, because we're very particular about safety protocols at my particular restaurant.
I have absolutely nothing to back this up, because I've been searching online for news for 3 hours, but I haven't found anything. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
AliWV

maybe government made experiments on this chickin

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It's Taco Bell the OP is talking about. They have 99c chicken flatbread promo starting today.

Pity you'll probably have to wait for one due to the chicken recall, but if you ate there last week and are now sick you know who to blame !

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Diminished stock because it's in the dumpster.
I was afraid to say the name of the restaurant because I don't want to get fired.
At our store we're offering to substitute steak for the same price.
I'm back at work this morning, still no word as to why the chicken was pulled. Our manager says they're not going to tell us. Nobody has gotten sick or anything, maybe it does happen all the time, but I've been working restaurants in this area for 22 years and i've never seen this happen. There's nothing about it on the goverment link someone provided earlier (Thanks, btw).
If they do tell us something, I'll let everyone know.
AliWV

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

right on charlee, I have never heard it put that way but it makes sense, "when things go cheap, worry"......maybe that should be a thread in itself huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join