It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Jewish Interests Attacked In Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

This boycott is because Israel is standing in flagrant violation of international law on several counts and is a repeat offender against human rights.

Has squat to do with Islam.

A boycott against South African merchandise helped end Apartheid there, after all.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Yeah, I have no problem with people boycotting business based in Israel, but the chances are good that this is just a franchise of the Max Brenner brand -- meaning he is an independant operator who gives a portion of his profit to the Max Brenner corporation in order to be allowed to stay in business.

Not exactly fair to target franchises on boycotts no matter what the cause... better to boycott the corporate owned stores.

So what I'll boycott if my target is McDonalds? I must posses McDonalds franchise first in order to boycott corporate store directly :-). Or, I can boycott McDonalds franchises - that will do harm to corporate store by proxy. Poor little guy who operate particular restaurant should think twice prior to signing contract with bad guys.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by Swills

There is no place in Australia for anti Jewish boycotts [...]

There is no place for anti Jewish boycotts anywhere. There is plenty of space for anti apartheid or anti government of Israel (and its supporters) boycotts everywhere.
Business is (and every time was) matter of politics. US financiers supporting Third Reich and supplying US army at one time were kosher? Or did they business as usual?

The problem is that Gaza is the biggest concentration and (in eyes of many Israeli officials) extermination camp in human history. The problem is unlawful settlements at West bank. The problem is the wall built on bad side of boarder. Stop this and you can sell chocolate wherever you want.
edit on 4-9-2011 by zeddissad2 because: 2add

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The Chinese maoist government (sic) makes Israel look like saints, but the Australian government bends over like quivering Cyrils to appease and not offend them.

The Australian PM Gillards refused to meet the Tibetan exiled leader the Dali Lama recently so as not to offend those great humanitarian Chinese, but where are the boycotts? instead everything we buy is Made in China....that's how much the west gives a fig about Human Rights.

But its fine to boycott a Jewish Chocolate shop?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Is it possible to get Max Brenner franchise for goy? If so, will be boycott of his shop anti Jewish? He can be Arab, even Islamist fundamentalist :-) and still will be boycotted. This is not about race or religion.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You keep saying Jewish when we all know it's a protest against Israel..

Do you think everyone doesn't see what you are trying to do with your outright lies??

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

You keep saying Jewish when we all know it's a protest against Israel..

Do you think everyone doesn't see what you are trying to do with your outright lies??

Whilst I usually ignore Troll posts , I will humor you and ask , you what lies am I speaking?

The company is owned by Jewish interests.
They are boycotted because they are Jewish
Tell me --- what lies do you speak of?
edit on 4-9-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

They are boycotted because they are Jewish

No, they are boycotted because they are supporting apartheid and genocide. I will boycott Bush family interests not because they are WASPs, but because they are evil people.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Whilst I usually ignore Troll posts , I will humor you and ask , you what lies am I speaking?

Despite the fact that the linked article made NO mention of any Muslims, be they extreme or not, your OP made out that it was Muslim extremists attacking a single jewish store owner..

The FACT is, it was NOT a single jewish store owner but an Israeli owned company that was being boycotted.
It was also NOT a mere localized incident but an event coordinated in other states and even countries as my link clearly showed...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Here is a story about another branch, in New York and the reason why a chocolate company was targeted..

Seems they believe if Israel bans chocolate in Gaza then why should they be allowed to have it??
Sounds fair to me.

Israel has refused to allow chocolate and sweets, among many other commonplace items, into Gaza, claiming that they present a security threat. Max Brenner is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Strauss Group, Israel’s second-largest food conglomerate, and boasts on its web page of its support and “adoption” of the Golani and Givaati Brigades of the Israeli army. Both the Golani and the Givaati Brigades have historically been associated with numerous violations of human rights.”We know the chocolate ban is not the most egregious human rights violation,” said banner-dropper Niomke Friedman. “But it illustrates the absurdity of Israel’s claim that the brutal siege on Gaza serves a legitimate security claim.”

www.indypendent.org...
edit on 3-9-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

what, they need israeli chocolates?

can't sneak some belgium in there? through the tunnels?

maybe get some of that delicious camel milk chocolates from,

www.al-nasma.com...

i plan to try them when i see them!!
edit on 4-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

eta; oh yeah, the camel milk comes from australia.
edit on 4-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad2

Australia supports Israel through abstaining or voting no to proposed United Nations sanctions ect against them, so where are the boycots against the Aussies?

The members here who say its about Israel lie to themselves perhaps, the non muslims who are participating in this boycott are just acting like lackeys of the Islamists.

To put it clearer Israel is predominantly made up of Jews, it is a Jewish state so certain philistinesque members can accuse the OP of lying ,but a self examination of ones own soul , would serve one better perhaps?

edit on 4-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: removed the word veto

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

To put it clearer Israel is predominantly made up of Jews, it is a Jewish state so certain philistinesque members can accuse the OP of lying ,but a self examination of ones own soul , would serve one better perhaps?

So, If I disagree with the actions of the Israeli Government, who happen to be Jewish, that means I'm attacking all jews??

BTW, your last post CLEARLY shows you blame Islam..
Not much doubt about that now.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Australia supports Israel through vetoing proposed United Nations sanctions ect against them, so where are the boycots against the Aussies?

Since when did Australia have Veto power

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

What the hell does boycotting an Australian business have to do with anything, least of all Israel?

This is all because Max Brenner is Jewish; he is afterall an Australian citizen, he did'nt arrive here illegally on a boat, he is not sucking up on bloody welfare benefits and taking up public housing or avoid paying taxes like the practising Orthodox Muslims are doing here in Australia.

This so-called boycott is not about Israel....it's anti-semitic, pure and simple.

These boycotters should be bloody shamed of themselves. If I lived in Brisbane I'd be photographing each and every one of these idiots and plastering their photos worldwide on the internet for their stupitity and ignorance.

Israel has done nothing to Australia; least of all a Jewish businessman who is just minding his own business and earning an honest wage.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Thanks to most who replied in this relevant thread peace te be ye
edit on 4-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: idea change

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Polite Reminder

Hi People,

Lets keep it focussed on the topic and not eachother.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

This is all because Max Brenner is Jewish; he is afterall an Australian citizen, he did'nt arrive here illegally on a boat, he is not sucking up on bloody welfare benefits and taking up public housing or avoid paying taxes like the practising Orthodox Muslims are doing here in Australia.

Are you serious????

That's akin to saying 'The Colonel" runs my local KFC branch.

There isn't even a real Max Brenner in Israel, let alone Australia...
The name is a combination of the two Israeli founders..

But you are right about one thing..
He definitely ain't on welfare in Australia.

Ohh, my stomache aches, thanks for the laugh...

Max Brenner was founded in 1996 in Ra'anana, Israel, by Max Fichtman and Oded Brenner who combined their names.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join