It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REALLY? Scientists 'Dismayed' At Unending String of US Disasters?!?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by AllUrChips

It took me a minute to connect the logic on this thread. Assuming you believe the media is the 4th branch of the government, then I could see your point.

However the government is overplaying disasters. They simply bully their way into recovery efforts and hike up the cost for non-profits to provide aid, while their corrupt campaign contributors get even filthier rich.

No worries, Americans are read-only and won't process any changes.

like i said all the stores were sold out of items just like if a covention or a bunch of tourists were in town the economy will go up for those cities where these things are purchased ie sales tax and the like.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would not be disappointed if nature spared us a little bit this tornado season.

I am tired of being on edge.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I am a bit older than you and yes I remember in my Island the hot sultry summers, now the summers in my island are so stuffy you feel like you are suffocating.

But remember that our earth is due for a big clima change, just because we were not here when the last one it doesn't mean is never happen before, is just that we do not think about things that we never have experienced.

I don't think we may actually see the big clima change in our life time, but we are experiencing the transition.

We are actually heading for another ice age, even when we think is just getting hotter, but before the ice age is a period of warming and that increases the natural disasters.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

[snip]

Back on topic: Are you going to present any evidence whatsoever of your belief?
Or are you going to ignore all of the evidence and stick with it?
edit on 3/9/11 by masqua because:removed OT content

edit on 3/9/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Biigs

I am a bit older than you and yes I remember in my Island the hot sultry summers, now the summers in my island are so stuffy you feel like you are suffocating.

But remember that our earth is due for a big clima change, just because we were not here when the last one it doesn't mean is never happen before, is just that we do not think about things that we never have experienced.

I don't think we may actually see the big clima change in our life time, but we are experiencing the transition.

We are actually heading for another ice age, even when we think is just getting hotter, but before the ice age is a period of warming and that increases the natural disasters.

Another point is that our time is SO much different than earths time. Since we began keeping records is a speck of dust on the beach of sand. This is NATURAL
edit on 3-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just more goop to feed those who're attached to the machine.

If the matrix was made now rather than in 1999, I think we would have had a different message. The message I'm feeling now is that our computers, newspapers, government: they're blind.

Unhook from the matrix and see what really is. See the fake panic. The fake kindness.

We're not connected to reality. We're connected to a kind of virtual earth that's non-existent.

It's the computers, television, the phones, newspapers, machines, etc. They're blinding us.
edit on 3-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Cut out the personal sniping.... please?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChipsAnother point is that our time is SO much different than earths time. Since we began keeping records is a speck of dust on the beach of sand. This is NATURAL
edit on 3-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

Yes, I personally feel the same.. But the fact that it is "natural" over a geological timespan does not make it "normal" within a human timespan.

It is natural to have a catostraphic volcanic or astronomical event on occasion, from a geological perspective. It is not normal for anyone alive today. We are just not all that prepared for a rapid climate destabalization of any sort.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

We're not prepared for reality. Has nothing to do with the BS the computers spit out.

It's reality we're allergic too, not the 'changing' climate.

ATS is kind of hte same way. So much unnecessary paranoia and worry and dependency.

End of the world will come a lot faster if we have our gaze fixed on our computer screens. Don't you see what I'm saying. We're plugged in, but we're not plugged into the right thing.

Where does the support for AGW come from? Answer: computer models. We're slaves to it.

We have to learn how to live well and not be so concerned with our computer models. If we know how to live well we can adjust rapidly and whatever happens can be overcome.

Continuing to live as we're will cause us to de-evolve into a puddle of genetic waste matter.
edit on 3-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Its of my opnion that the suns 'mood' in terms of solar flares and general particles being spewed off it, combined with the wobble and atmosphere as causing almost all these recent events.

earth quakes because one side of the planet is on average 5 degrees warmer over 10 years, what does that do to landmass temprature over that time, im SURE its has some impact.

Add to this the chaos beneath our feet, with layers of rock and sluggy magama then moltern metals then a possible crystaline solild core that we know very little about.

We are only just understanding the effect the sun and our core has on our EM shields ability to protect us.

EDIT: i should mention tht the ozone issue is nothing compared to the suns mood vs. our atmosphere. The ozone thin layer above south america is also a level of particularly weak magnetic fields (thats why they turn off satalies over it, the suns particles mess with the instraments)
edit on 3-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Exactly, when it comes to time in earth time we are nothing, humans are the newest species still, but we know by our history records what happen to the last predominant species in earth, it was wiped out.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Exactly, when it comes to time in earth time we are nothing, humans are the newest species still, but we know by our history records what happen to the last predominant species in earth, it was wiped out.

And I can promise you we will be wiped out again. Think about when you watch the weather on the news they always say we almost tied or beat a record today set way back in 1894. It was hot in the summer and hurricaned in the summer then just like it does now.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorVeritas

Here are some FEMA year by year and by state disaster statistics. The chart data does seem like they're increasing since 1995.

Disaster Statistics

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Biigs

I agree completly.

I have witnessed change in 20 of my 30 years, maybe we will see a full cycle come in.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am not Superman, and I cannot prevent a natural disaster.

The only thing that I can do is to continue to store water and goods in the event that SHTF and try to survive until my time comes.

Some of you worry about a bunch of stuff that you cannot control...embrace it I say.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join