It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REALLY? Scientists 'Dismayed' At Unending String of US Disasters?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What the US government is doing is scaring us into pumping money into the economy by overplaying every NATURAL DISASTER that happens. Hurricanes happen every year as do quakes, wildfires, tornados, and the like. Think about it, every walmart and home depot was sold out of alot of things when Irene came through. Now I see this article and I AM DISMAYED that these scientist still have jobs. They know this happens every year yet now they are playing into the hype. It almost disgusts me
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

natural disasters are good for the economy when it occours in a low profit area, the people rebuild better and more resilliant and the surviors are driven to overcome.

Why are they so many happening now, well you can blame the militry, tptb, nwo, comets, x-planets or the sun. It doesnt matter much if they are going to get worse in all honestly.

How long would it take to find out and how long after that to correct it? kinda irrellivant.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There is a real string of disasters going on, and it's not nature's fault.

I know who created the real difficult disasters that we face in the future, our worst enemy ever, ourselves.

You know what a real disaster is? When billions of people worldwide are purposely mis-educated into giving up their freedom and self-determinism and handed over everything to an institutional "authority".

Instead of ranting about it, hopefully that will be suffice enough.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That's because there has been an unending string of US and world disasters.

See my thread: 2011 in perspective

It's not some grand conspiracy to make us spend more. These events are actually happening.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We are becoming a society of this:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

natural disasters are good for the economy when it occours in a low profit area, the people rebuild better and more resilliant and the surviors are driven to overcome.

Why are they so many happening now, well you can blame the militry, tptb, nwo, comets, x-planets or the sun. It doesnt matter much if they are going to get worse in all honestly.

How long would it take to find out and how long after that to correct it? kinda irrellivant.

My point is tere are NOT any more happening now than any time before. I men granted there were a mass of tornados more than usual but they always happen. irene was overblown because of the media outlets being in that region imo

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
That's because there has been an unending string of US and world disasters.

See my thread: 2011 in perspective

It's not some grand conspiracy to make us spend more. These events are actually happening.

STUFF HAPPENS EVERY YEAR! Did you start a thread about how many disasters happend in 2010? 2009?2007 was a big year!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Well, his thread does source articles that discuss how this year compares to last year..

Good read... but not telling me anything I haven't already noticed... More tornados, flooding, drought, heat waves, named tropical storms, etc. than last year and apparently a growing trend since 1980.

Last year, the world seemed to go wild with natural disasters in the deadliest year in a generation. But 2010 was bad globally, and the United States mostly was spared.

This year, while there have been devastating events elsewhere, such as the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, Australia's flooding and a drought in Africa, it's our turn to get smacked. Repeatedly.

"I'm hoping for a break. I'm tired of working this hard. This is ridiculous," said Jeff Masters, a meteorologist who runs Weather Underground, a meteorology service that tracks strange and extreme weather. "I'm not used to seeing all these extremes all at once in one year."

The U.S. has had a record 10 weather catastrophes costing more than a billion dollars: five separate tornado outbreaks, two different major river floods in the Upper Midwest and the Mississippi River, drought in the Southwest and a blizzard that crippled the Midwest and Northeast, and Irene.

www.weather.com...
edit on 9-3-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Wow, you don't even read the thread? You just automatically post in caps lock?
Maybe if other people had a year in perspective thread for previous years we could compare...
not my fault I joined last year and didn't think of it until this year.

And this year has been different, unless you can find any evidence otherwise. Because all the evidence says this year is different.

Do you realize how many records have been set this year?
These types of events do occur every year, but not like this.

You don't have any evidence, you just have an emotion filled rant.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Can someone please post some evidence for this theory that disasters are increasing.
All we have here are opinions. How about some facts to back up your claims.

I have a new moniker for these people. Disastermongers

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorVeritas
Can someone please post some evidence for this theory that disasters are increasing.

yeah, I posted a whole thread filled with evidence. Not my fault if you don't read it and click on the links.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Wow, you don't even read the thread? You just automatically post in caps lock?
Maybe if other people had a year in perspective thread for previous years we could compare...
not my fault I joined last year and didn't think of it until this year.

And this year has been different, unless you can find any evidence otherwise. Because all the evidence says this year is different.

Do you realize how many records have been set this year?
These types of events do occur every year, but not like this.

You don't have any evidence, you just have an emotion filled rant.

Really? Wheres your proof sir of all these records being broke? What records do you speak of?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

THANK YOU! my thoughts exactly where is your proof????!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Really? Wheres your proof sir of all these records being broke? What records do you speak of?

It's not my fault if you can't read, or don't want to read, all of the evidence I gave.

If you don't want to read it, that doesn't mean you can say the evidence doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

yeah, I posted a whole thread filled with evidence. Not my fault if you don't read it and click on the links.

You thread filled with a whopping 5 flags is hardly evidence sir!
edit on 3-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It took me a minute to connect the logic on this thread. Assuming you believe the media is the 4th branch of the government, then I could see your point.

However the government is not overplaying disasters. They simply bully their way into recovery efforts and hike up the cost for non-profits to provide aid, while their corrupt campaign contributors get even filthier rich.

No worries, Americans are read-only and won't process any changes.
edit on 3-9-2011 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Disaster are happening and are call "disasters" because if affects more of the population that live in the areas affected, is not natures fault that we humans think that we can control nature, so areas that in ancient times were avoided by a more nature friendly population are challenged now by what should be a more intelligent modern man.

Is not that is more disaster is just that affect more human beings in the populated areas of disasters. Also because of more communications and technology we are more aware of natures forces.

Occurs the government and states benefits from this disasters in the name of more propaganda and temporary job making, we should be grateful that in this time and age deaths from this disasters in the US are not as numerous as they used to be.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
for the last 20-30 years we have had very fast very accurate disaster reports from the front lines before any ptb can interfear.

as some who was born in the earily 80's i have witnessed more and more random natural disasters, some dont get as much coverage as other for sure, no question there, but our climate is chaning and the weather too.

marg6043: i agree population grow does increase panic and death tolls, but its still more often.

Heck since i was a kid playing the summer months, i remeber hot days for weeks, very wellow and brown autums snowy winters and such. Every year since id say 1990 ive noticed a shift in the sunny summer months, a shortening of the days we get good sunny days/weeks and an increase in the number of what i would call crappy weather months.

instead of a bright cold spring we get some hot summer days and some bitterly cold rain/snow, instead of summer starting in may and ending in sept wiht storms all summer, we are lucky for a 7 day strech wihtout a massive overcast alsmot cold day.

We get hot days in setup and oct between pure rain, rather than the predictable cloudy gloomy months on end.

The weathers gettign freaky, large natural destaters are on the raise in occorence and serverity.

If you cant feel it where you are, im gunna move there tbh

edit on 3-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
They're just noticing this
and here I thought I was bat-# crazy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join