It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAKE UP YOU BRAINWASHED IDIOTS!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Is it the guy who keeps his head down -

or

The one who knows what's going on in the world and fights his way through it trying to change things

Who is the Wise Guy?

I'd say they are both clever intelligent human beings. They have both developed their own opinions.

However, the first one seems afraid of conflict and devoid of hope. Possibly for very good reasons. He may have been beaten down by experience. Feeling like your actions and words are fruitless can be disheartening.

The second individual continues to have hope and possibly refuses to surrender regardless of experience. He accepts the fact that we can't always witness the long term repurcussions of our actions.

Personally I prefer the second individual you described.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
People will disagree with you....especially when you say things like....the internet is alive and her name is Jane.

Maybe your thinking is too "sideways"

You cant make outlandish claims and provide no evidence, and expect people to believe you.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Concerning computers....

GIGO

Garbage in. Garbage out

Unlike computers, we can reprogram ourselves.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Dear "love-a-conspiracy",
I'm confused. What does your post have to do with this discussion?
K2B

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

You cant make outlandish claims and provide no evidence, and expect people to believe you.

I would say this is true a lot of the time, but not always. In real
life without ATS as an influence there are lots of topics people
believe in without proof. ATS brings out the opportunity to discuss
and bring fourth evidence. That changes the mind of some but
not all. Just sayin!

edit on 3-9-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by muzzleflash

Unlike computers, we can reprogram ourselves.

Absolutely! I think you get it.

This rant started because I was confronted with an inconsistency in my own opinions. My own 'garbage-in-garbage-out processor' started to give me conflicting information.

I was having a discussion and was told that the common man is an idiot and nobody wants the common man making decisions. At first I agreed with them. But, then I realized that throughout my ENTIRE life, nobody I've ever known was actually an idiot (unless they had a physical defect with their brain). Sure, I don't always agree with them but none of them were idiots. (Most of my friends are very intelligent and some of them are certifiable geniuses.)

I realized that I had been enlightened through the process of considering someone else's opinion.

Have a conversation with a stranger or don't. I really don't care. (It wouldn't be a challenge if it were easy.) But consider the fact that most human's are intelligent and aware and capable of creating new thought patterns, opinions and beliefs. But only if we want to. Before you can break out of prison, you must first realize you are locked up.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

Everybody has conflicting thoughts, it's the decisions based upon them, that you make that count.

I don't think any of us are mindless robots. Some people will disagree to the point of taking up arms, others will prefer debate, and yet others will just let others lead them.

It depends upon the individuals comfort zone.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

you can't reprogram your computer?

did anyone define exactly what an idiot is?

I read the thread but I missed a couple posts - I know cause I had to go back and find them when they were quoted

Hi, my name is Forever, and I'm an intelligent idiot

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

The common man is an idiot because most of them are naive, if that makes sense.

Wytch

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I disagree with you. If you don`t "know" the government and the corporations are evil, for example, they you are just not using your brain. It`s not a matter of information, it`s a matter of common sense/logic/observation. If you don`t have them, that makes you indeed an idiot who can easilly be fooled.
edit on 4-9-2011 by mkpetrov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkpetrov
I disagree with you. If you don`t "know" the government and the corporations are evil, for example, they you are just not using your brain. It`s not a matter of information, it`s a matter of common sense/logic/observation. If you don`t have them, that makes you indeed an idiot who can easilly be fooled.

But, doesn't that simply make the common man wrong? Simply because another human hasn't reached the same conclusions that I have doesn't make them incapable of reaching conclusions does it?

On the bright side, mkpetrov your post just proved you are NOT an idiot. (even though you don't agree with me.)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kicking2bears

Originally posted by mkpetrov

But, doesn't that simply make the common man wrong? Simply because another human hasn't reached the same conclusions that I have doesn't make them incapable of reaching conclusions does it?

On the bright side, mkpetrov your post just proved you are NOT an idiot. (even though you don't agree with me.)

Of course, there is always a chance they will grow up...
But, at their current state they are really..not very bright.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by boncho
Thinking that you can judge someone within a few minutes of conversation is a little idiotic in itself, no?

Correct.

But we can go really far with that idea you bring up.

Do we even really know ourselves? We know things about ourselves, but do we know of our potentials and will we admit to our shortcomings?

I don't think anyone really even knows themselves if you really want to get to the bottom of it.

We all change too. Our ideas change, our likes and dislikes, etc. So even if you thought you knew someone yesterday doesn't mean you know them today. They might do something different.

edit on 3-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

You express and have always shown a willingness to learn through your posts. Often times we are our own worst enemies when we refuse to examine our convictions.

CJ
edit on 4-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join