It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Believe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Allow me to explain before our agreement is final.

In my experience, the "personal" God is actually me. Myself. Whatever underlying life force that persists beyond my temporal death. When I experience a personal moment with something beyond my understanding, I tend to chalk it up to my true self, my soul. Of course, I know I could (and likely am) be wrong, but that is how it seems.

God, our creator, is so far beyond that as to render it almost impersonal, other than the shared life force.

Again, this is just how I have interpreted my own personal experiences.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by 547000

Allow me to explain before our agreement is final.

In my experience, the "personal" God is actually me. Myself. Whatever underlying life force that persists beyond my temporal death. When I experience a personal moment with something beyond my understanding, I tend to chalk it up to my true self, my soul. Of course, I know I could (and likely am) be wrong, but that is how it seems.

God, our creator, is so far beyond that as to render it almost impersonal, other than the shared life force.

Again, this is just how I have interpreted my own personal experiences.

a religous person might see that and agree with you, since god is everything, your soul is yours but you are part of everything, and thats god.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ou au moins je dois être.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I believe that beliefs shape how you perceive and interact with existence... I believe.

I believe that we are intelligent energy which literally translated means we have the capacity to do intelligent work. I believe the entire universe and any form of energy is intelligent energy.

Seemingly inanimate matter has the ability to organize itself into an ever-increasing complexity of forms in order to more efficiently and effectively carry out its purpose which is intelligent work i.e. teaching, learning, and working.

That is what the universe does.

Now, learning is a process. It is a progression. Knowledge halts that forward acting progression of learning and assumes the role of teacher for the form possessing knowledge.

Knowing doesn't necessarily mean that what you know is true in objective reality. So you can have false beliefs and still halt your progression in the direction that that learning was going before you assumed you knew.

Eventually, you will be burdened by the fallacy of living a lie. In fact, the only truth is forward progression which is always the act of learning. So never know anything, because at the point of knowing, learning stops, and you aren't designed to know, you are designed to learn.

However, knowledge applies a filter over your mind so that whenever you look out into the world, you constantly perceive things that are in accordance with that knowledge. So if you know something like the future, you will, depending on how much you actually know it, inevitably cause that future event to take place. Hence the idea, "if man had faith as small as a mustard seed...".

But you have to actually know it without a doubt, and the degree of impossibility is proportional to the degree of faith you must have.

Why do you think the electrons hit in a two slit formation instead of the wave formation in the double slit experiment when the observer was introduced? Don't you think it behaved like that because the obserer knew it would? If the observer knew it would hit at one of the other possibilities, then it would have.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi BFFT,

I found this Quote from the French philosopher Voltaire.

it describes best what I feel and I thought it was needed in your thread, I think you'll appreciate this one.

Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.”

Voltaire

All the best and God bless you,

GM

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

hey there, I'm qualify this right off. I'm well educated in hard science/ advanced mathematics, multiple degrees. A few years ago I stepped out of the box after reading thru an old book about astral projection. I was tired so I laid down for a nap. as I did this I cleared my mind of all thoughts and repeated over and over "peace and Love". I fell off to sleep and went into a dream state which developed into an out of body experience. I found myself in an out door setting where there were boulders and srubby trees. I walked down to this area and noticed that there was water running thru the rocks, I could feel it on my feet. then a male figure appeared in front of me, he never spoke or turned so I could see his face. I followed him and we came to a rock wall waist high. he crossed over, though I didn't pay attention to the fact that when he crossed he disappeared. I crossed and found myself in the tunnel so often described in the near death experience. the tunnel is black and gray, no sound or movement of wind etc... I looked toward the end and saw the light and said"Our Dear Lord".. it was then that I got scared, fear of Judgement, we've all done things of which we are not proud. I then withdrew back into my body. After that the visions began and have never stopped. Mary has come twice, once in a vision and the second was a verbal message. I was taken and shown a large modern city sunk under the ocean, there were thousands of people standing in this place, I was told they were all dead. I have been allowed to "soul travel" to God's house, I met to persons who are very important to me and love dearly.this has happened twice and if you are doubting what I say it is never the same. I assure you what I say here is the truth, His truth. I have been tempted by the evil a number of times, its' about taking what is not yours or some trite stuff. this last item is the most important. about a year or so ago one of my pups was murdered by a meth addict. I was ready to take him down. instead I decided to sit with my wife and chill out, have a few beers. I didn't let myself go off half cocked. I went and laid down for another nap and this time it was God who came to me, he knew how up set I was. He said not to do anything, it was already taken care of,( a week or so later I was shown in a vision this person dead), God told me I was a blessed and honored son. I would help bring many to him by helping others learn what I have discovered. He also told me that there is going to be a civil war in this country. no when or why etc...
so you can say that I've stepped out of the box. also, when I first ventured out of the box i had no thought of encountering anything like this happening. as far as religions are concerned I put no personal value in them, I've seen too much destruction come from them. what we are living thru now is the end of an era,(physical), the next will be one of seeking what lay beyond our present understanding. the values people place on things now won't be the same in the times coming. it is time for all to re access their value system. as far as the word "Faith" that is up to the user to qualify and quantify. there are many things which will never be able to be evaluated in science. science does not and has never been able to evaluate all things. this may be due to our limited intellect and our willingness to step back from what it is we are observing and take a new angle of perspective. I have and it is a much larger universe then we could ever have dreamed. even stephen Hawking, if he were in my shoes would be amazed.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skydog801

What you "see" is only perceptive. There is a thread or something around here talking about how our communications can cause us to perceive colors differently. This tribe in Africa has no word for blue, red, green, etc. It is all "black".

But even more, when you deal with "beings" that can control their appearance, as well as your perceptions (you had fear induced, although it was likely not on purpose). Read the following: The Teachings Of Don Juan .

There are myriad explanations for just about everything "supernatural" that happens. Most of which we cannot even yet imagine.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join