It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religions are a conspiracy driven

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
THIS IS MY OWN DAMN OPINION! please, if you are going to respond negativly to what I have to say, please read this entire post before you do. agian, this is my own opinion and I am not trying to make you believe one way or the other.

All religions with a speaking diety( Christianity in particular ) are a belief built upon falsehood. Let me explain myself. In order to have your god speak to you, your physiological and biological make up MUST be similar to your gods. Can a cricket understand you? Can you understand an elephant? It is proven that unless we are genetically similar, communication is almost non-existant. Some people are saying " my dog whines at the front door when he needs to go do his business, so he communicates to me." Fine. I can except that. But let me know the next time Fido puts his head in your lap and says " Hey John, Ive been thinking, we could really use a heated out house in the winter time, thanks alot ."

Basically, this is what every prophet has said about communicating with the lord. They say "The lord spoke" and to me , that implies a verbal communication. If some of these prophets said, "I dont know what just happened to me, let me go think about this experience for a while and ill get back to you." I might put some stock in that.

I belive in a higher power. I believe that science and spiratuality can and do co exist. IMHO God was playing intergalactic marbles when the big bang happened. I dont thing God is like a person with divine powers, but rather the divine power itself. I think if you have to pay to pray, your not understanding what spirituality is about. There is a BIG difference between religion and spirituality.

Agian, this is just MY opinion and I am not trying to convert or unconvert anyone. Religion is determined by parents at birth. Spirituality is a path open only to those who can see it.

What do you all think?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Think of it this way: If God created or set in motion our entire existence then just how hard would it be for him to communicate with one of us? It's like assuming that the best computer programmer in the world doesn't know how to display a string of text on a monitor.

And who is to say that we couldn't in some way communicate with dogs or elephants. We humans don't know everything, perhaps some day science will find a way to communicate with animals. We are total idiots compared to God, just because we can't do it doesn't mean he can't.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusran
Think of it this way: If God created or set in motion our entire existence then just how hard would it be for him to communicate with one of us? It's like assuming that the best computer programmer in the world doesn't know how to display a string of text on a monitor.

And who is to say that we couldn't in some way communicate with dogs or elephants. We humans don't know everything, perhaps some day science will find a way to communicate with animals. We are total idiots compared to God, just because we can't do it doesn't mean he can't.

I didnt say God couldnt communicate with us. I guess in my ramblings, I lost you somewhere. what I was trying to say is how could WE understand God. It would seem to me that we would be the cricket and he would be us.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Lets say I create a robot that receives and responds to intructions sent through radio waves. I can talk to the robot all day, telling it what to do but it will never understand me. However, I can create a tool that will send the instructions I want to give it through the radio waves.

If God is assumed to be real then he knows everything about us, or he should be able to figure it out very easily. A being that created all of existence could surely create a simple "tool" to relay the messages he wants to send to one of his creations.

If a species has a language of some sort then any other species (if they are smart enough) should be able to find a way to communicate with them in a way they can understand.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusran
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Lets say I create a robot that receives and responds to intructions sent through radio waves. I can talk to the robot all day, telling it what to do but it will never understand me. However, I can create a tool that will send the instructions I want to give it through the radio waves.

If God is assumed to be real then he knows everything about us, or he should be able to figure it out very easily. A being that created all of existence could surely create a simple "tool" to relay the messages he wants to send to one of his creations.

If a species has a language of some sort then any other species (if they are smart enough) should be able to find a way to communicate with them in a way they can understand.

I understand what you are saying about if God is all powerfull, then he should in essence have the power to communicate with us in a way that we would understand.I guess in my own spiritual search, Ive raised more questions than gained answers. I can comprehened that God, If accepted as taught, is all powerfull and ever knowing. Iguess that when I always read about God speaking to this person or that prophet, I was always thinking to myself, "now how do they even comprehend his voice?" My assumption has always been that when God communicated, He/She spoke directly with His/Her own voice. That what I get for assuming eh?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i think what dusran is trying to say is that if god really wanted to say something to us, then im sure he'd find a way to. some people/beliefs suggest that god is always talking to us, its only due to our free will that most choose not to listen. i am personally still undecided on the whole god thing, dont agree with a lot of how it works or "is", but if im wrong, im sure that one day i'll be able to talk to him all about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I belive in a higher power. I believe that science and spiratuality can and do co exist.

I agree, I have this same sort of outlook on things. I think if there is a God, and that he created everything in the universe, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is the God of the Bible, or the Qu'ran, etc. I just have a hard time in believing any of those religions, really. If there is a God, he put us all on this earth for a reason; so how dare some man-made creation such as the Bible or any other religious text try to divide us, or pick and choose who God approves of, etc.

I'm not sure there is a God or not, but there's no doubt in my mind that the Christian God does not exist, or any other religion that tries to define Him and what He thinks. It's just not possible. And I don't believe one bit about the Bible being written by people who spoke directly to God, or any of that other nonsense. When it comes to matters like these, no fellow human will ever preach to me the right way or the wrong way as if they are set in concrete, especially under the guise that "god" spoke to them. If God communicates to people that way (which I don't believe he does), then if he wants me to act a certain way, or a be a certain way, have him come and tell me this -- not some mortal fool trying to profess that he knows the way of God.

I, too, believe that you don't have to ever attend church, or ever read a religious text to believe, or have faith in, God. In fact, if anything that probably would take you further away from discovering the real God (if there is one) by blindly following these man-made gods. I'm still amazed today at how some people can be so focused on what are false religious beliefs that it will lead them to hate others, or worse yet, kill others. It just seems to silly to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I belive in a higher power. I believe that science and spiratuality can and do co exist.

I, too, believe that you don't have to ever attend church, or ever read a religious text to believe, or have faith in, God. In fact, if anything that probably would take you further away from discovering the real God (if there is one) by blindly following these man-made gods. I'm still amazed today at how some people can be so focused on what are false religious beliefs that it will lead them to hate others, or worse yet, kill others. It just seems to silly to me.

This brings up another question for me. If God did speak to people, and these people wrote down what they think has transpired, how, in our infinite mediocrity, could these people who have encountered Gods speaking voice, hope to be neutrally objective in what the message was? We as a people are really bad about twisting things to fit what we want people to believe. Man is inharently flawed. We have ego. That in itself makes us biased as to what we ( each individual ) believes.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That's a whole other issue, assuming you believe these people actually talked with God anyway (I don't). It's just sad that such antiquated, man-made beliefs dictate our lives so much in society today.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well apes are 99% genetically the same as us, but we dont talk to each other. Now God has spoken in my ear, its all about you ears, if you think and believe god will talk to you, he will. Its kinda like a radio , you have to be tuned into the faith station to hear, I know that sounds corny but thats it. Also the prophets you have to remember were chosen, they were special.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
EVERY form of "Organized religion" is a Conspiracy. They're all conspiracies to control the gulable masses that are either to lazy or weak- minded to think for themselves.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Actually, in the book of Genesis (if you believe or want to compare the supposition that god spoke to people of the judeo/christian agenda), it mentions that we were made in God's image. We specifically. Meaning we are a unique race, in the universe of intelligent races, we have unique qualities and possibilities for a spiritual awreness that will forver be foreign to other creatures or intelligences.

I personally believe in the God of the Bible. Used to be a real thumper of the book too, but life has a habit of gettign in the way. Do some of my experiences from that period border on the 'fanatical'? probably. That doesn;t make them any less real to me or the millions of people worldwide who have had similair experiences from the groups that believe the God of the Bible or any other religious folk who have had 'experiences' while practicing their religion.

We can speak to God and he can speak to us becuase we were designed to be in communication with Him/It/The Force all along. Only the arrogance of man attempting to make himself like God/It/Force prevents us from achieving the goal.

Faith is the belief in things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
Actually, in the book of Genesis (if you believe or want to compare the supposition that god spoke to people of the judeo/christian agenda), it mentions that we were made in God's image. We specifically. Meaning we are a unique race, in the universe of intelligent races, we have unique qualities and possibilities for a spiritual awreness that will forver be foreign to other creatures or intelligences.

I personally believe in the God of the Bible. Used to be a real thumper of the book too, but life has a habit of gettign in the way. Do some of my experiences from that period border on the 'fanatical'? probably. That doesn;t make them any less real to me or the millions of people worldwide who have had similair experiences from the groups that believe the God of the Bible or any other religious folk who have had 'experiences' while practicing their religion.

We can speak to God and he can speak to us becuase we were designed to be in communication with Him/It/The Force all along. Only the arrogance of man attempting to make himself like God/It/Force prevents us from achieving the goal.

Faith is the belief in things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I'm not questioning "Faith". Having faith and behaving as a rational spiritual being are FAR from being a "Religious zealot" , and here i am speaking of Religion... Namely ANY in which you have to congregate at a certain time and/or place Or else fear the fires of Hell..

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I just don't see how you can believe in the Bible as if it is the truth, I'm sorry. Why would God speak to those people, but not speak to us today? Why doesn't he communicate with us the same way he supposedly communicated with those way back when? Those people weren't any better than us. I just don't see how any rationale human begin can believe any of those religious texts. People may THINK they talk to him today, but they don't.

Most of the religious zealots that are on TV preaching so and so, saying God talks to them daily, are usually exposed as the frauds they are sooner or later. Reminds me of switching thru the channels one day, and some guy was hollering about how God wants me to send in a 1000 dollar donation so that he can update his TV studios and preach the word of God all around the world.

.............................................................................................yeah.

Whether there's a God or not, I don't know, but I see no way that the God of the Bible, or any other religious text, is the true God. You can't sit there and tell me that God would create people just to condemn them, such as children in Africa who will never have access to Christianity. They are doomed to hell for it? I doubt it. Any religion that tries to divide people, and tries to claim some of "God's children" are better than others, I won't believe in it. I was put here for a purpose, as is anyone else; no fellow human is going to preach to me as if he is God, deciding my fate or not thru some manmade creation such as the Bible. It's just not going to happen. As I said, if God doesn't approve of my actions, or approve of who I am, let him come and tell me that himself.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Being a recovering Protestant, I feel I have the right to say this.

It's just as liberating, soul fulfilling, and well-grounded to go from their God (Their God being the deity man created in his image) as it is to go towards him.

But a hell of a lot more rational.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz
Being a recovering Protestant, I feel I have the right to say this.

It's just as liberating, soul fulfilling, and well-grounded to go from their God (Their God being the deity man created in his image) as it is to go towards him.

But a hell of a lot more rational.

So am I correct in assuming that when you say a recovering Protestant, you mean that you have broken from the church? And am I also correct if I assume that by fulfilling in going twards him, you mean that you have begun to make your own views of God and what God means? If I am correct in my assumptions, I would like to hear some of your views vs the protestant view.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
there are several books out that state that jesus was the wrong brother, that he was the head of "security" for his brother that was the ONE these books are written by two authors one of them is the hiram key, and there is one other that i cant remember right now but it actually has a pretty good recreation of a roman wanted poster for jesus, very short hooked nose and ugly btw...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by caliinrochester
there are several books out that state that jesus was the wrong brother, that he was the head of "security" for his brother that was the ONE these books are written by two authors one of them is the hiram key, and there is one other that i cant remember right now but it actually has a pretty good recreation of a roman wanted poster for jesus, very short hooked nose and ugly btw...

Ive never heard of these biiks before, or the author you mentioned. I will do a search on Metacrawler and see what I come up with. This sounds kind of interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Most of the religious zealots that are on TV preaching so and so, saying God talks to them daily, are usually exposed as the frauds they are sooner or later. Reminds me of switching thru the channels one day, and some guy was hollering about how God wants me to send in a 1000 dollar donation so that he can update his TV studios and preach the word of God all around the world.

....and he's still doing it too, he also is after some kind of personal jet, worth 10 million dollars

kinda sad really

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

....and he's still doing it too, he also is after some kind of personal jet, worth 10 million dollars

kinda sad really

Every time I hear one of those MORONS ask for money, it makes me think of that episode of southpark with Sally Struthers and the missionaries going to Marklar

These TV evangelist are scum IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join