It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tases Compliant Mentally Handicapped Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I know this is getting old with all of the accounts of police brutallity on ATS but I think that things like this need to be seen even if it is only a small percent of police officers commiting such acts... These situations seem to be happening very often maybe it is a sign of increased police abuse or an increase in digital eyes and ears on the streets.

As far as I could tell from the video the man was being compliant and there was no reason to use such excessive force in this situation. Take a look at the video and you decide. The most absurd part of the video is when the cop tells the man to stop moving as he is tasing him... If you are in pain you are going to move and the officer continued to tase him even tho it was the electricity that was making the man move...

This is probably why they are pushing to ban the taping of police officers...

edit on 3-9-2011 by TV_Nation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That taser is being used as a toy.

Cops love their toys.

S&F You can't show these videos enough.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I'm pretty sure this has been posted many times already, unless the police are tazering multiple mentally handicapped men these days? Either way, just another YouTube example of the police abusing their powers and getting away with it.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That cop was stupid for a number of reasons, one of which was keeping his back turned to a group of people who weren't happy with what he was doing. Someone could have come up behind him and clocked him a good one, putting HIM in cuffs and tasing him with his own weapon.

Make that "should have."

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yeah, that was overly excessive. Then the stupid lady at the end.

I have an autistic niece and you have to explain things to her like 20 times before she does anything. It can be exhausting and annoying but that was no excuse to taser the guy.

He was being compliant. My niece on the other hand wouldn't have been that compliant.

And the guy inside, hoping that the guy gets tasered was just wrong. Maybe the cop should of tasered him instead.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Almost a week old

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
SnF because... Thats shocking......

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
Almost a week old

www.abovetopsecret.com...