It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Sarah, you tease!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
And just who might that be with just the catchphrases?

That would be Sarah Palin. Did not mean to confuse you with so many details.

You are clearly not listening to anything Sarah says outside of the MSM soundbites which depict her as a goofball.

I watch her full speeches in context and mostly hear her on FOX news so tell me how that works again.

Kiti, why must you always resort to this kind of ad hominem attack? Have you noticed the email sent out to ATS members regarding this issue?
edit on 6-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

I am not sure you know what ad hominem means.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Again, resorting to more snotty remarks and ad hominem attacks.

You say I have to be a friend to know what's in your library. I will assume you do not have a library. I have already shown that Sarah's email and blackberry writing are already above the average CEO and educated American.

Here is what she writes on fb, and it's more educated than what I have seen you write continuously on this forum. I am hoping you will put more real content into your posts.

Back in December 2010, I wrote: “If the European debt crisis teaches us anything, it’s that tomorrow always comes. Sooner or later, the markets will expect us to settle the bill for the enormous Obama-Pelosi-Reid spending binge. We’ve already been warned by the credit ratings agency Moody’s that unless we get serious about reducing our deficit, we may face a downgrade of our credit rating.” And again in January, in response to President Obama’s State of the Union address I wrote: “With credit ratings agency Moody’s warning us that the federal government must reverse the rapid growth of national debt or face losing our triple-A rating, keep in mind that a nation doesn’t look so ‘great’ when its credit rating is in tatters.”

One doesn’t need a Harvard Law degree to figure this out! Just look across the pond at Europe. European nations with less debt and smaller deficits than ours and with real “austerity” plans in place to deal with them have had their ratings downgraded. By what magical thinking did we figure we could run up perpetual trillion dollar deficits and still somehow avoid the unforgiving mathematics of a downgrade? Nothing is ever “too big to fail.” And there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Didn’t we all learn that in our micro and macro econ classes? I did at the University of Idaho. How could Obama skip through Columbia and Harvard without learning that?

www.facebook.com...

While that was really not even half of what she wrote, it seems to have more content than all of your posts put together.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

kit, again, your last post reflects a real inability to debate genuine issues. More personal attacks. If you cannot put more content in your posts I will not respond any more.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Here's a workikng definiton of your type of personal attack

Abusive Abusive ad hominem (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to attack his claim or invalidate his argument, but can also involve pointing out factual but apparent character flaws or actions that are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Here's a workikng definiton of your type of personal attack

I'd prefer a quoted example. I know what it means. I just do not believe you do. So an example would be really handy right about now.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

i was a steamboat gunslinger for a few years, black powder weapons.

we did wild west shows for tourists.

needed a place to load them.

but hey, don't mean it can't be done on horseback or he stopped and reloaded.

i ride, shoot and can talk on my cell at the same time. but no one has said what weapon he was shooting.

he had 1 shot on horseback, granted if it was a rifle till he could reload.

so if you can produce the gun and the bell, i will denounce my citizenship and move in with you.

bells were from the churches, all this going on like an air raid alarm in the cold war.

You used the same gun Paul Revere used? Tell me how you loaded it on horseback then.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

oh cmon Kiti, why are you going through these gyrations? You said you were glad I READ SOMETHING! That was an obvious smackdown.

Yes it was. It was directed at that one thing you were so proud you read. I never suggested you did NOT read anything else. That sounds like your inferiority complex to me. All you need to do is actually read what a I write and this would all make sense. How is such a prolific reader so easily confused by my words?

Take responsbility at least for the snotty slurs you post.

How about you understand it instead. Nothing I wrote indicated anything about what ELSE you may or may not have read. Just that one thing you were so proud of. That one thing you said you read. That one thing that amounted to jack squat. That in particular I am so glad you read. Good for you!

This entire discussion has been around how liberals and Sarah haters keep screaming about how unintelligent Sarah and her supporters are.

Screaming, really? Uh..ok.

I just thought I would clear it up for you. So again, let's see your reading list. If you post nothing, I will take it that you have nothing to list.

First of all, I am not the least bit interested in impressing you with what I read. I could care less if you think I never read a damn thing. I DO NOT CARE.
Second, you posted a list of books. Anyone can list books. Whether you read them or not is a different story. Why you think I give a crap what you think about what is in my personal library is beyond me. Why you thought I might give a crap about what else you read is further beyond.

Interesting that you are more worried about what I, a complete stranger online, could say I read than you are worried about say the topic or what she has read.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

nothing as strong as you drink,

I do not drink alcohol. I asked what you drank. You just decided what I drink. That is the difference between a question and an assumption.

i get deaf enough with a lot of beer but not in my head when i read.

what's a vowel?

AEIOU, and sometimes Y.
These are letters in the alphabet used to create sounds that marry consonants to each other.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

ya need the meds,

Because you keep telling me I said something there is not one post of mine on here with me saying? I need the meds because you are confused?

my uncle luther used to start to eat the china ware and it really was from china, ming something or other, then we would know he was needing the meds.

My Emergency Doctor Stuff!!

Did your uncle imagine people said things they never did and then harass them about it for pages as well?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Kiti, did you not just complain I don't give any credible points in Sarah's defense?

Yes.

You do not see the corellary between Sarah promoting drilling in Alaska and Obama changing his mind?

Sure but I am not looking for that corollary. I am looking for reasons to believe she is not mentally void.

The MSM won't give credit where credit is due, but even her detractors manage to give her credit accidentally while trying to diss her.

So you like what Obama did?

Here's something else

“The president said he’ll ‘consider potential areas for development in the mid- and south Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico, while studying and protecting sensitive areas in the Arctic.’” Palin wrote.

As the former governor of one of America’s largest energy-producing states, a state oil and gas commissioner and chair of the nation’s Interstate Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, I’ve seen plenty of such studies. What we need is action — action that results in the job growth and revenue that a robust drilling policy could provide. And let’s not forget that while Interior Department bureaucrats continue to hold up actual offshore drilling from taking place, Russia is moving full steam ahead on Arctic drilling, and China, Russia and Venezuela are buying leases off the coast of Cuba. ...

www.politico.com...

Yup, that is something else alright.

I am still waiting to hear you say anything that approaches that level of analysis.

You mean the same level as that which you just copied and pasted from another source? I guess I am still waiting for you to do it as well then. Pretty clever taking credit for a copy and paste.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Again, resorting to more snotty remarks and ad hominem attacks.

Be specific. Which do you find snotty and which do you erroneously label ad hominem. You keep saying that but you have yet to delineate exactly which things those are.

You say I have to be a friend to know what's in your library.

Why would I let strangers in my house to look at my books?

I will assume you do not have a library.

Cool. You seem to think that matters to me all while not realizing how stupid it is to assume anything.

I have already shown that Sarah's email and blackberry writing are already above the average CEO and educated American.

Now THAT is funny as hell since she hired people to write on her facebook page and her twitter account for her.
You are honestly a fan of this woman and you are giving her credit for other people's writing?
No wonder you were proud of cutting and pasting.

Here is what she writes on fb, and it's more educated than what I have seen you write continuously on this forum. I am hoping you will put more real content into your posts.

Back in December 2010, I wrote: “If the European debt crisis teaches us anything, it’s that tomorrow always comes. Sooner or later, the markets will expect us to settle the bill for the enormous Obama-Pelosi-Reid spending binge. We’ve already been warned by the credit ratings agency Moody’s that unless we get serious about reducing our deficit, we may face a downgrade of our credit rating.” And again in January, in response to President Obama’s State of the Union address I wrote: “With credit ratings agency Moody’s warning us that the federal government must reverse the rapid growth of national debt or face losing our triple-A rating, keep in mind that a nation doesn’t look so ‘great’ when its credit rating is in tatters.”

One doesn’t need a Harvard Law degree to figure this out! Just look across the pond at Europe. European nations with less debt and smaller deficits than ours and with real “austerity” plans in place to deal with them have had their ratings downgraded. By what magical thinking did we figure we could run up perpetual trillion dollar deficits and still somehow avoid the unforgiving mathematics of a downgrade? Nothing is ever “too big to fail.” And there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Didn’t we all learn that in our micro and macro econ classes? I did at the University of Idaho. How could Obama skip through Columbia and Harvard without learning that?

www.facebook.com...

While that was really not even half of what she wrote, it seems to have more content than all of your posts put together.

You believe Sarah wrote that why?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

kit, again, your last post reflects a real inability to debate genuine issues.

Like the things Sarah Palin says? Because that is what my last post addresses. Why are you having so much trouble staying on topic?

MOST OF YOUR POSTS ARE ABOUT ME.

I appreciate it though.

More personal attacks.

WHERE?

If you cannot put more content in your posts I will not respond any more.

Go bother someone else about getting in their library then. Obviously you cannot defend this woman because each time I bring the topic back to her and what is wrong with her you just write a little rant about how mean I am to you.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

No, sorry, most of my posts have nothing to do with you, but I did argue with you on this thread. Again, I see no content worth looking at in any post I've ever seen in any thread you engaged in. Everywhere you post, it's the same approach with every person you argue with.
I just would like to see something other than the trite attacks you make on people. I have observed you doing the exact thing to others, so I know it isn't just me, it's how you do things.
Not going to bother with you from here on.
Bringing the topic back to her from what? I am the one here who has been actually posting content from websites or blogs or news stories.

So you like what Obama did?

The fact that Sarah's position influenced decisions he made should show two things, that she is capable of influencing the person that liberals insist is incredibly smart, and that he must think her position made sense in some way.
Yes, if it means ramping up domestic oil production, absolutely! Too bad the MSM didn't give her the credit she deserved.
You clearly did not understand these points without me explaining.

Good luck with whatever

edit on 7-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

that one thing you were so proud you read. I

Again more of your snotty personal attacks.

Looks like you subscribe to your own brand of conspiracy theory, that of dissing Sarah palin.

Mansour's work for the campaign only became public in February 2010 with SarahPAC's quarterly disclosures; the day before the disclosures were filed, C4P announced that Mansour and another founder had gone to work for SarahPAC the previous year. Mansour denies that she writes Palin's Facebook posts or Twitter feed, telling a reporter that "anything that goes out under [Palin's] name is hers."

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

That suggests that it's just a theory or a spin that she hired someone to post her fb stuff. It may or may not be true, just like alien spacecraft in our skies.

This is my LAST response to you.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

Government is not equal to private interests. Government is the State, although the State may coopt or be in bed with big business.
People who enlist in the army get sent overseas. That is part of the territory. Only in WWII and VIet Nam was there a draft.

My dear old dad was drafted during the Korean War, although he didn't go to Korea - he was sent to the Eastern Front, and fought in the European theater of the Cold War during that period. Ford zapped the draft altogether, and then Carter brought the registration for it right back.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I wasn't really aware the draft was for Korean War as well. Thank you for the info. My father fought in WWII. My general point is that today there is no draft and that when people enlist, they should be aware that there is the possibility of going to the front in war. I know that television ads promote college in order to make it sound like a career in the military is a glamorous thing. It may be glamorous to some. But until the draft comes back, it's personal choice.
Also thanks for the info that Carter brought the registration into effect. Wow, that is a revelation for me. Jimmy Tri-Lateral Carter...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hi folks, still here. Enjoying the debate. I made an error recently, an ATS error, I started taking things too seriously.
So I'm just stepping back a wee bit (gotta get my snark back on), but please, proceed.

Wonderful stuff here.

edit on 7-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't understand most of you conservatives scream to high heaven when someone from Hollywood thinks about getting into pollitics or even voices their opinion.
What do you have in Sarah?
She's had a reality TV show, a movie, a bus tour, and quit on the people of Alaska to do so.
As Hollywood as you can get for me.
She's the right wing Charlie Sheen very scary indeed!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

I wasn't really aware the draft was for Korean War as well. Thank you for the info. My father fought in WWII. My general point is that today there is no draft and that when people enlist, they should be aware that there is the possibility of going to the front in war. I know that television ads promote college in order to make it sound like a career in the military is a glamorous thing. It may be glamorous to some. But until the draft comes back, it's personal choice.

True that! I was purely amazed and saddened when Gulf War I was ramping up, and the news showed individual after individual boarding planes to go over saying "no one told me that they'd send me to WAR!". What the devil did they think a military was FOR?

Also thanks for the info that Carter brought the registration into effect. Wow, that is a revelation for me. Jimmy Tri-Lateral Carter...

I recall that distinctly - I was among the first to be required to register. I was NOT happy, and developed a "catch me if you can" attitude. It's why I embarked on the career path I did. I figured that if I might have to go to war, it might as well be a war of my choice, rather than Carter's, and that it might be better to be out of he country and out of reach when the call came. He had a bad habit of picking the wrong "enemies", and getting cozy with the wrong "friends", and not slapping at those he thought of as enemies very effectively any way.

Somewhat lacking as a "Commander in Chief".

edit on 2011/9/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No, sorry, most of my posts have nothing to do with you, but I did argue with you on this thread. Again, I see no content worth looking at in any post I've ever seen in any thread you engaged in. Everywhere you post, it's the same approach with every person you argue with.
I just would like to see something other than the trite attacks you make on people. I have observed you doing the exact thing to others, so I know it isn't just me, it's how you do things.
Not going to bother with you from here on.
Bringing the topic back to her from what? I am the one here who has been actually posting content from websites or blogs or news stories.

Are you the president of my fan club?

That is the best how you say you are not writing about me and then spend all that time, continuing to write just about me.

I am not interested if that is what you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join