It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Sarah, you tease!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yeah.. that's nonsense. What are you suggesting? Republicans took us to war for oil and now we are supposed to listen to them blather on about destroying parts of our country for oil?

What you are getting at is pointless. Getting at our local oil is far from what we need to be worrying about. Besides that we need to be moving past oil. I was just pointing out that you guys are promoting a woman for president that doesn't have an opinion about anything but oil and of course that's only because she was an Alaskan politician and made a bunch of money because people were stupid enough to put her in office and give her a position to haggle with oil people.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

No I definitely didn't I posted the link.
Read the thread.

Here: online.wsj.com...
There is the link again so no excuses. I know how you Tea Partiers are about searching out the truth about.
edit on 4-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Did you even read your own link? It says she went to Hong Kong not China, although she did speak on China policy, but you clearly got things mixed up.

Don't ever talk about Sarah's intelligence after this, or lecture us on our news sources.
edit on 4-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Sarah, is that you?

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by beezzer
When did she go to China? Didn't know about that.

Probably a reference to her Hong Kong gig.
Not China, but mistakes happen.

What the hell are you two talking about?
edit on 5-9-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

she came to hong kong SAR, not mainland china.

"2 systems 1 country" HK was handed back in 97' to beijing.

i missed it, probably could have got to see her talk if i pulled some strings, lol!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

No.. at least just the story they had just recited to her.
I mean just a basic understanding of the story would have been fine.

I mean even I knew as a child that he was a silver smith.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

i say i live in china as a joke to my friends.

we are from that generation. my dad was wounded in korea.

so things have really changed since mao and the gang of 4.

hey big thanks to the brits for not getting an open ended lease on this place! NOT! lol!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

i been to his house, the whole freedom trail, lexington and concord and all that good stuff.
\
i grew up in boston.

she was not wrong, she just gave some paraphrasing details that confounded people.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

LOL paraphrasing details that confounded people, man you are really reaching. Why do you guys feel so compelled to try to protect/enhance this woman's image? She was wrong, she is dumb.

No she had no idea she was just trying to piece it together and was rambling through it.
Hoping she didn't blow it.
She attended 5 colleges (why so many) and she thought that Paul Revere was riding to warn the Brits they weren't going to take our guns (???) and he was ringing bells? Haha yes she was very wrong.

I would say the majority of the nation (children included) would give a better answer to this "gotcha question."

Gotcha Question: Any question Sarah Palin isn't smart enough to answer.

He who warned uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed - Sarah Palin

Man Jefferson would be so proud.
edit on 5-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

i say i live in china as a joke to my friends.

Wow.. you must be the life of the party.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

"we"? as in the Royal "we"? or the liberal hive mind "we"?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

5?

wow, most people only go to 1~!!!!

lol!

hey, when did you stop beating your wife?

ya the children would have said he was a silversmith too, big deal.

he worked in pewter also.

as to warning the brits? why not?

it's not like they didn't have a plan if they showed up by land or by sea! lol!!

i am pretty funny when i get going!

edit on 5-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Lol that is kinda funny, i have to admit!

He was captured. That's the part of history not taught much

Dawes initially appeared to have escaped his pursuers, but was thrown from his horse and captured. Paul Revere was taken prisoner and during his interrogation deliberately provided greatly inflated numbers of militiamen awaiting the British at Concord

Could easily be taken as warning to the the British

During the ride back to Lexington, Revere and his captors heard shots fire and church bells ring throughout the area — events that gave some credence to Revere’s report of colonial preparations. Fearing for their safety, the British released Revere, but took the precaution of giving him a tired horse to slow his return to Lexington.

www.u-s-history.com...

However she may have gotten the bell thing mixed up with the sound of church bells ringing and the Longfellow poem also could be part of that..

Here's another one

The British officers began to interrogate Revere, whereupon Revere astonished his captors by telling them more than they even knew about their own mission. (HA!) He also told them that he had been warning the countryside of the British plan and that their lives were at risk if they remained in the vicinity of Lexington because there would soon be 500 men there ready to fight. Revere, of course, was bluffing.

A few minutes later, they were all startled to hear the heavy crash of an entire volley of musketry from the direction of Lexington's meeting house and then the Lexington town bell began clanging rapidly! Jonathan Loring, a Lexington resident captured earlier, turned to his captors and shouted "The bell's a' ringing! The town's alarmed, and you're all dead men!"

The town bell was actually ringing to alert the Lexington Company of Militia to assemble on the town common because the British regulars were on the march. It was a general alarm, not an alarm of an imminent threat.

bessel.org...

So maybe it's just which version of history book you read

goodness knows the libs love revisionist history

Antony Sutton also says that the Historical Society was actually a mechanism for rewriting history. It's in his book "America's Secret Establishment-The Order of Skull and Bones"

edit on 6-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Haha see there you go again.
Because going to 5 colleges for 6 years to get a 4 year degree in journalism is the norm nowadays.

and what are you talking about wife beating???? I'm starting to get the impression that I am talking to a legit crazy person.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It's even more funny from her.
You can actually see the how clueless she is and the mental reaching in her eyes.

edit on 5-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

That whole post and all you could comment on was my use of we?
You know from the context I mean we as in the U.S.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

No I definitely didn't I posted the link.
Read the thread.

Here: online.wsj.com...
There is the link again so no excuses. I know how you Tea Partiers are about searching out the truth about.
edit on 4-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Did you even read your own link? It says she went to Hong Kong not China, although she did speak on China policy, but you clearly got things mixed up.

Don't ever talk about Sarah's intelligence after this, or lecture us on our news sources.

Sarah, is that you?

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by beezzer
When did she go to China? Didn't know about that.

Probably a reference to her Hong Kong gig.
Not China, but mistakes happen.

What the hell are you two talking about?
edit on 5-9-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

she came to hong kong SAR, not mainland china.

"2 systems 1 country" HK was handed back in 97' to beijing.

i missed it, probably could have got to see her talk if i pulled some strings, lol!

Again, what the hell are you talking about?
Hong Kong is part of China.
That is like saying I do not live in the US because I live in New York.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Kitilani

OH it must have been the moment you were absent from your position of mocking. Someone said Sarah went to China, and someone said oh when did she go to China, and I asked him if he read his link, because it said she was in Hong Kong talking about China policy.
Although it is part of China it is not Mainland China. Wikipedia says it operates under its own Constitution

Under the principle of "one country, two systems", Hong Kong has a different political system from mainland China.[22] Hong Kong's independent judiciary functions under the common law framework.[23][24] The Basic Law of Hong Kong, its constitutional document, which stipulates that Hong Kong shall have a "high degree of autonomy" in all matters except foreign relations and military defence, governs its political system.[25][

en.wikipedia.org...

Generally Hong Kong is considered to be operating under a market based economy, not communist. When we go to Hong Kong we don't say we are going to China.
edit on 5-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

You seem really confused. When I say I am going to Niagara Falls, I do not say I am going to Canada either but that does not make it not part of Canada. I did not miss anything. I see you even admit it is part of China in this very post before you attempt to explain how it is not part of China the way you assume others think of something being part of something.
Hawaii is not part of mainland USA either you know.

Hong Kong is part of China. You people will argue anything in defense of Sarah Palin. From trying to edit wikipedia pages to making up crap about geography. If she was so damn special you all would not need to work so hard to try and make her look good would you?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

that's nice,

and you're probably right on some level.

but not really the same.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Isn't this media ho's 15 minutes of fame up yet? She's not going to run for president she's just hanging around hoping someone will be stupid enough to choose her to be vp again. I wonder if she actually knows what the office does now.

do you?

no, because you are about 5 light years away from that job.

or will i see you on the ticket soon?

Um...I know what the office of the vice president does.
Why don't you?
Why didn't Sarah?
Why doesn't anyone?

Do you really believe you only find out what the job is if you are picked for it?
Grab a civics book.

i've seen plenty of VP's in my time, they don't do much, more like life insurance for the POTUS, lol!

starting with LBJ, that may or may not have worked out. too young before him.

i know what their duties are.

obviously, the POTUS and VP is an OJT (on the job training) position.

she won't settle for VP again. she has to go it on her own but who would be her pick for VP?

that's the real question.

Do you ever stop to read the posts you reply to?
I feel like you hit reply and then just mash your keyboard.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Seriously, asking what Paul Revere did is a gotcha question to this woman!! If she could be elected to any office we are in real trouble here people!

of course you know paul revere replaced the lock on the british ship they broke when they dumped the tea overboard, right?

or that he was even there?

did you expect her to spout a wiki link?

No one expected her to spit out his biography. They just expected her to at least have the common grade school knowledge that apparently most of us watching her trip over her tale about bells and warning the British had.
You really think asking about Paul Revere was a tough question?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

or the liberal hive mind "we"?

Funny thing is, liberals are not very good at retaining political power because WE do not
engage in group think effectively. Conservatives on the other hand, are great at erecting
and maintaining a united front. Acorn, Alinsky, Birth certificates and the great Red scare 20
years after the fall of the Berlin wall, all great ventures into effective group thought.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join