It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California lawmakers wrestle with 12% jobless rate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

California lawmakers wrestle with 12% jobless rate

articles.sfgate.com...

As California's unemployment rate climbs - the state is stubbornly stuck with the second-worst jobless problem in the nation - leaders at the Capitol are focusing on jobs in the final three weeks of the legislative session.

Last week, Gov. Jerry Brown named a senior jobs adviser while legislative leaders met to decide what changes in laws they would push to spur employment. They said they will seek to streamline some permit procedures as well as loosen environmental regulations that can slow down new projects.

The proposals have yet to be completed, and some economists say a focus on regulations misses the real problem in the economy - anemic consumer spending - and will do nothing to create jobs to cut into the state's 12 percent unemployment rate.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I wonder if this jobs adviser has any idea on what to do. Or are they just handing out titles like "jobs advisers" to make people feel good. Jobs adviser he must know what to do about jobs.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Not a surprise California hates employers, even the people do!

Awhile back there was talk about giving out corporate tax incentives and you would have thought they were trying to release a host of convicted rapists in someone's backyard.

Seriously if you don't make the state attractive to employers the good weather and beautiful scenery will only go so far.

Unless the plan is to get rid of all the extra a-hats who moved here during the boom years. If that is the goal then I must admit I'm all for it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There are millions of illegals holding jobs all across the USA in many areas of the workforce, give those back to the citizens.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
There are millions of illegals holding jobs all across the USA in many areas of the workforce, give those back to the citizens.

We the people are either too weak or still sleeping.

In power we trust

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
California is a beautiful example of progressive-liberalism in action.
States like Michigan, Illinois, and California should be declared disaster areas by FEMA and the Red Cross.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

As I've said before in another thread, liberal areas become progressive faster. But will eventually come crashing down every 70 years or so. That's what happens when you keep spending money you don't have and other people's money in general.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
California should be creating mega dollars and jobs helping Japan.

California should also be creating mega dollars and jobs helping Taiwan with the mass exodus of people who don't want to be under Communist China.

California should be creating mega dollars and jobs helping the Mexican people topple the drug lords.

California should be booming. It has been letting crisis go to waste.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What jobs are those?

I love when people say this, and yet they don't mention what jobs these illegals have taken.

Manufacturing jobs? Office jobs? Please tell what jobs have these people stolen from us?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You know when something is really screw in this nation, when you hear California increasing unemployment rate, but then you look at the money they spend on their welfare system, then worst is now passing laws to allow illegal immigrant children to be able to get tax payer money for education.

Now what else is next.

edit on 4-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Kaleeforneea will look like a version of 'Mad Max' withing 10 years. There are no less that 80 bills before their legislature to 'RAISE' the tax burden on the populace that still have jobs. That's real smart in their Progressive eyes! I'm sure it will bring in gazillions in revenue for them to spend on clueless dregs of society and the 'Victims' of their misguided policies! Keep it up Kaleeforneea, Texas is working real hard to get all those jobs you are screwing with!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

What jobs are those?

I love when people say this, and yet they don't mention what jobs these illegals have taken.

Manufacturing jobs? Office jobs? Please tell what jobs have these people stolen from us?

Manufacturing, construction, yes even offices. It is no secret how Companies get away with paying them less. It is no secret to anyone who has known illegals personally. The information is everywhere. Perhaps you have been sleeping. It doesn't matter 'what' job they took, it displaced an American citizen. The illegals have stolen identities, use fake documents, and gain employment through their deciet while citizens get replaced. This is neither fair nor right.

How many times have we seen where ICE busted a place with hundreds of illegal employees and every single one of those jobs were quickly and easily taken by a citizen after?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Illegal workers and Chinese imports get a tiny sum of the $14 trillion wealth(?) that's generated in the US each year. This incessant whining is getting really pathetic.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

What jobs are those?

Manufacturing, construction, yes even offices. It is no secret how Companies get away with paying them less. It is no secret to anyone who has known illegals personally. The information is everywhere. Perhaps you have been sleeping. It doesn't matter 'what' job they took, it displaced an American citizen. The illegals have stolen identities, use fake documents, and gain employment through their deciet while citizens get replaced. This is neither fair nor right.

How many times have we seen where ICE busted a place with hundreds of illegal employees and every single one of those jobs were quickly and easily taken by a citizen after?

Post the information. I do agree with you on illegals stealing identities, and I am not one of these people that think that some of the fraud being committed by illegal aliens should be treated with kid gloves, but I have a hard time believing that they're the main reason as to why the American workforce is teetering on the brink.

I've worked in pharma for years and I don't see "illegals" taking office jobs. I see people doing custodial work, something that most Americans aren't willing to do. So please provide me with some numbers and I'll gladly admit that I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What jobs are those?

Post the information. I do agree with you on illegals stealing identities, and I am not one of these people that think that some of the fraud being committed by illegal aliens should be treated with kid gloves, but I have a hard time believing that they're the main reason as to why the American workforce is teetering on the brink.

I've worked in pharma for years and I don't see "illegals" taking office jobs. I see people doing custodial work, something that most Americans aren't willing to do. So please provide me with some numbers and I'll gladly admit that I was wrong.

I never said they were the main reason. I have been debating this issue for years. Unfortunately, I have cancer and am very weak and tired from chemo. I just don't have it in me to go back and do all the searching for facts that I already is know is there. I apologize, I know we have lovely people of all races here in the USA and I do embrace that. It is just the illegals verses the citizens and how that has gotten so out of hand that disturbs me. I have seen too much.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Ah, I understand. Well, we'll leave it at that, but I'm sorry to hear about your condition, and best of health to you in your fight

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Awwww, thanks I appreciate that!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

I have done a lot of work most of them has been posted in immigration related threads, yes before unemployment got as bad as it is today most menial work was done by immigrants, now in my state of GA I seen less and less immigrants doing this jobs and more and more Americans at it. But still the Latino community is growing at an alarming rate, because once they have their children in the US they qualify to benefits in some states.

Ga passed some laws to enforce and deter illegal hiring of immigrants.

Importing poverty

importing-poverty.blogspot.com...

One of the biggest problems that the nation faces is the fact that illegal immigration coming from the south of the border only bring increasing poverty into the nation.

The statistics were gathered by Latino sources working on immigration issues and not by government data.

Sadly I tend to trust the Latino sources on numbers when it comes to immigration as they are pro immigration than government data.

The so call illegals only work the jobs that Americans do not want is nothing but propaganda to justified hiring them over legal Americans with under the table slaves wages and despicable working conditions that can not be done to a legal American worker.

Importing Poverty: Immigration and Poverty in the United States: A Book of Charts

www.heritage.org...

In the US we face another great problem with immigration that is not from south of the border but from our own corporate entities taking away jobs in mostly technology from Americans and giving them away using visas to bring workers from oversea.

Interesting that while unemployment is increasing in the US and our college graduates can not find jobs, H1 visas are keeping our own American workers unable to compete with foreign workers in the US

Anti-American H1-B visas getting a critical look

www.theunion.com...

H-1B visa outsourcing abuse under investigation by US Senate

www.workpermit.com...

The amount of visas been use by corporations are growing every year, no only they bring skilled tech that actually had their training pay by US tax dollars in their country, thanks to the generosity of the US government.

They work for less as usual in the US but they also allowed to bring their extended families.

Now we also have the problem with Chinese growing middle class that are starting to come to the US also to have their children so they can have dual citizenship.

Birth tourism: Foreigners having babies in US so kids can get US passports .

www.khou.com...

At least this last group also bring income into the nation.

Pregnant Women From China are Cashing in on Dual Citizenship and the 14th Amendment

zeldalily.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Lower taxes on businesses so they stop leaving the state.

That would be a start.

new topics

top topics

join