It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Savages, Enemies of Humanity, Swine, Attack in London

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
On Thursday, a slimy collection of scum of the earth dogs attacked one of the great treasures of humanity and stole the enjoyment of it from millions of people around the world.

DON"T GET CONFUSED. This is not about race. I have no idea what race the people involved happen to be. It doesn't matter. I am not talking about religion. Nationality is not important to this thread, I don't know where any of them were born.

IF YOU READ THIS, YOU WILL SEE YOURSELF. BEWARE.

The British Broadcasting Company has been sending live programs of classical music, called the Promenade Concerts or Proms, around the world since the 1930's. No broadcast had ever been cancelled by a protest. On Thursday, an invited orchestra sat down to perform and thus transmit music around the world. At the beginning of the concert several people started making noises, standing, waving signs and disrupting the performance. Thirty to forty of these semi-human animals continued their disruption, forcing an end to the broadcast.

Music, especially perhaps classical music, is one of the greatest achievements of humanity. It has inspiried high and holy thoughts, portrayed peaceful settings in the countryside, shown through time and sound a hint of the workings of the universe, and has been cheerful and merry, deep and profound. For some, music is the only good and hopeful thing in their life.

This group of offal, excrement, disguised in human clothing, planned and destroyed the broadcast. They have attacked beauty, they have attacked the human spirit, they have attacked humanity itself. They have brought sadness, and hopelessness to those who had been listening by their lifeline to a different, better world, only to be told that a few dozen people with deranged minds had stolen it from them. The disappointed listeners must have wondered "have the lunatics taken over the asylum?" And in this they would be correct. The lunatics are, here and there, taking over the asylum.

NOW SEE YOURSELF

Do you support what these pigs have done in stopping music? Or,
Do you oppose them? Or,
Are you to cowardly to choose a side? A side must be chosen if you are to be able to claim that you are human.

If you want to have more detailed information about this event, click here. The Proms protest. But the politics invoved is not my point. Your comment will say much more about you than about me. Frankly, however, I don't care what you think about me. This is something that must be condemned.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Please find your medication and take it.
I'm half lost on this topic.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
now thats what i call a rant.. i dont really know what to say.. i kind of got lost half way through..

this is obviously a sore subject for you..

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

while it is sad that a few would disturb a performance and ruin it for the many who find enjoyment in listening, one may do well to 'consider the source' of such disruption.

i would venture that the responsible are either immature youngsters who do not realize the depth of their depravity, drunken louts who mistook such vandalism as humorous, or perhaps it was more serious-minded people who felt their interruption of the performance would send a message to some specific group.

almost all of us are guilty of crude or boorish behavior at one time or another. hopefully those responsible in this case will one day reflect upon their actions and realize their behavior was unacceptable.

i'm glad no one was injured or worse.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

really?

a group of protesters invaded the proms (Israel Philharmonic were playing hence the OP commenting about race/religion) and as a result the BBC Proms were not aired.... Not sure what there is to be confused about?

ETA
the proms are orchestral classical music concerts aired by the BBC (in case that was the reason for the confusion?)

OP I agree its disgusting but in all fairness there are more serious issues to get worked up about
edit on 3/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Oh

My

God

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

while it is sad that a few would disturb a performance and ruin it for the many who find enjoyment in listening, one may do well to 'consider the source' of such disruption.

i would venture that the responsible are either immature youngsters who do not realize the depth of their depravity, drunken louts who mistook such vandalism as humorous, or perhaps it was more serious-minded people who felt their interruption of the performance would send a message to some specific group.

almost all of us are guilty of crude or boorish behavior at one time or another. hopefully those responsible in this case will one day reflect upon their actions and realize their behavior was unacceptable.

i'm glad no one was injured or worse.
if you read the article he linked its an anti israeli protest as the orchestra was from Israel and the poster is very annoyed that a great insitusion has been disrupted after 33 years straight broadcast .

I agree with him as music actually is from the soul. its what binds people , rather than divides

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
in case you havn't noticed theres a war on in britian the people vs the government

it wont be a quiet war and classical music will have to take a back seat till this government gets expelled

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well being as a person who has done protest before and wanting to do civil disobediance, i would like to know there cause. But I guess it is tragic that they interrupted an innocent third party form doin g their music.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i think the op is getting a bit over excited about it lol, im not condoning what they did but from what i saw it was a bunch of middleclass pro palistinain supporters getting there voices heard.

hardly "Savages, Enemies of Humanity, Swine, Attack in London" there are alot more serious events happening in the world at this present time that you should be worried about than this.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Dear friends,

Thank you for commenting. I'm sorry to hear of those of you suffering from confusion. Please allow me to explain. I intended to say that something of beauty and innocence was being damaged. Further, that I did not approve of those doing the damage and that I hoped others would agree with me.

Please ask again if there is still confusion.

now thats what i call a rant
Thank you so much, I endeavor to give satisfaction. I must admit that for a first rant, I 'm modestly pleased with it myself. Perhaps a career as a rant writer? I thought that in this modern age, and especially on ATS, a certain amount of drama was required in order to get attention. was it a bit overdone? But it was rather enjoyable in a cathartic sense.

Indeed, as was pointed out, this is a sore subject for me. And, I agree, that this episode is not the most pressing we have to deal with. BUT, the mentality behind it is extraordinarily serious. Its a little bit like the difference between shooting an enemy soldier, and shooting an enemy soldier carrying a huge white flag. (Maybe we can develop that into a thread if its interesting to you.)

As I mentioned, this was not boorish behavior, not a cough, it was a planned, coordinated attack. On a concert series that had operated continuously for over seventy years.

a group of protesters invaded the proms (Israel Philharmonic were playing hence the OP commenting about race/religion)
You are quite accurate as to who was performing. I wanted to stress in the beginning of my post that my rant was not a religious, racial, or national issue because I didn't want the thread to collapse into a Jewish (pro or anti) thread.

As for medication. Do you really think so?

With respect,
Charles1952
edit on 3-9-2011 by charles1952 because: Just add a few words.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

I understood the topic and lord knows I understand the BBC proms, I was half raised in Cardiff. I couldn't understand how he was explaining the topic. I had to read the article before I got the meaning, OP lost me.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hi Charles1952.
To me this sounds rather like when that guy went off with a sledgehammer and tried to destroy Michelaneglo's Pieta statue.
There are certain "high arts" and classical music is one of them. If I understand your position correctly then such arts should be above politics etc., which is something I can agree with you on.
This is an attack on the very core of what has made our civilization great, unlike knocking down buildings which are rather banal.
I'm not broadly proclaiming Western culture to be great, we certainly have our faults but among our greatest achievements stands Classical music.
Hooligans everywhere. Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

A thousand thanks. And nice going for understanding my feeble effort.

This episode seemed to shout out to me that there are people in the world who will use anything, destroy any beauty, in order to gain some small, temporary advantage. I think those people must be stopped. My preference would be that the world would stand up to those people and say "You are unable to make rational decisions, you don't have a human soul within you. We will protect ourselves from you."

Your example of the Pieta is perfect. I, unfortunately, can easily see someone objecting to Jesus on some ground or another, attempting to destroy that sculpture.

We need uniting, uplifting, values. (Maybe another thread?) But we certainly don't need attacks on the few we have.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Terrible example of bigotry and a demonstration of the growing Pro Islamist threat across the world .

The Palestinians have suffered since the events of the late 1940's...but stupid acts like this only show the supporters of Palestine in a poor light.
Music should be left alone, not used as a prop by "gimmick middle class protesters?"
They showed no class in fact just their big fat ass.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

I was annoyed myself when I saw it on tv.

Apparently, so were those in attendance that were asked about it as they came out at the end of the show.

It made me sick when the pro-Palestinian protestors seemed overjoyed at what they'd done and when they explained how some of them had volunteered to buy tickets just to interrupt the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra's performance.

Know what makes me happy about it?

The fact that everyone in the building trying to enjoy the show turned and booed, taunted and clapped their hands to drown out the noise these ingrates were making.

I'm just awaiting one of the protestors to start complaining on tv about the brutality they were put under by a classical music fan's harsh booing. Whiny little jumped up morons.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Well charlie ,i hope your coping better about missing your evenings entertainment ,then the human rights of the palestinians.

And it was a very pro-Israel article from Stephen Pollard ,comments like these below are a bit over the top don't ya think.

a band of around 30 thugs – none was wearing jackboots, but they should have been

Why should a bunch of hooligans be given free rein on the airwaves to have their hooliganism validated

There is a chilling air to the so-called protests: an air of Weimar Germany, and the way Nazi party members broke up meetings.

They were hardly thugs ,and they got what they intended to do ,get media attention.

My preference would be that the world would stand up to those people and say "You are unable to make rational decisions, you don't have a human soul within you. We will protect ourselves from you."

Interesting quote from you here Charlie ,as this is how a lot of people view the Israeli government.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but after seeing London burn in riot after riot
After seeing my mums face after her house was invaded and she had jewelry stolen
After seeing one of my best freinds die after being battered in the street by thugs
After seeing the banks walk away with billions in cash from the tax payers purse and give nothing back
After seeing a work collegue gunned down in his fathers own public house on new years morning
After seeing news reports of children and women being raped and murdered in the middle east

I find your complaint trivial, unimportant drivel.

It is your horror and disgust at these people which is misplaced. Your miopic world where the proms mean more to you than the rights of those arround you. Where this old music we have all heard before gets pomped up once again, and everyone waves flags and sings Rule Britania and There'll Allways be an England. Yeah - I know the proms. Empty meaning drivel in the grand scheme of things.

My God man!! I wish I had your shallow life if that is the biggest rant you can muster.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Dear Shamatt,

I may have buried my meaning in overly flamboyant language. I did that partially (but only partially) because I thought a rant required it. But I was understood by others, and I would ask you to try looking at it in a different light.

Of course, there are terrible things in the world, I am not unaware of that. I've seen some, too. And the loss of a concert is nothing, and means nothing to me. I've never heard a Poms concert and I've never been to England. The entire Poms series could be cancelled and I wouldn't even know it.

The point is a little more subtle. In any combat or conflict, there are certain things that are not done. Things that should be preserved. Rules, so to speak, to be observed. The destruction of high art, whether it's the Pieta as mentioned above, or classical music, in order to make a small propaganda point is outside of the rules. Art is part of humanity, destroying it destroys a part of everyone.

That destruction also shows a mindset that is willing to destroy, and has no reverence for, art. This mindset is what I object to, perhaps not forcefully and clearly enough.

The people who accept that mindset and make it their own are no longer fully human and civilized. Treatment (I know not of what kind) is needed and the source of that infection should be removed.

You may find me in error, which I would be happy to discuss, but I assure you it is not empty drivel.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2 >>

join