It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Israel Done for Peace? Plenty it seems.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The video below is interesting. I decided to look up each of the items listed in the video. Feel free to comment from your own perspective. I feel that Israel is trying to achieve peace and I have never heard a public statement form Israel concerning any other goal. As for the other side of the equation (Palestinians / Arabs) , they are hell bent on destroying Israel. It is clear who has the upper hand when it comes to character. Israel has the power and resources to destroy their enemies, yet patiently seeks peace. This is my view. Maybe it is not yours.

The question presented is this: What has either side done for peace? Feel free to list anything that the Palestinians have done to achieve peace in the region. I stand with Israel.

WIKI

The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a resolution adopted on 29 November 1947 by the General Assembly of the United Nations. Its title was United Nations General Assembly Resolution 181 (II) Future Government of Palestine.

The resolution noted Britain's planned termination of the British Mandate for Palestine and recommended the partition of Palestine into two states, one Jewish and one Arab, with the Jerusalem-Bethlehem area being under special international protection, administered by the United Nations.

Withdrawal from Sinai

Following the Israel – Egypt Peace Treaty of 1979, Israel agreed to withdraw from the Sinai Peninsula, in exchange for peace with its neighbor. For over two decades, the Sinai Peninsula was home to about 7,000 Israelis.

Many Israelis were opposed to the idea of giving up land for an uncertain peace. Over 3,000 settlers in the town of Yamit opposed withdrawal and violently resisted the evacuation of their homes. Under Ariel Sharon’s command, the IDF forcefully evacuated settlers from Yamit. The images of Israeli civilians being dragged from their homes by Israeli soldiers resonates in the minds of many Israelis and an important symbol of how far Israel is willing to go for peace.

The Israeli withdrawal from the Sinai Peninsula showed that Israel is willing to make painful sacrifices for peace. By withdrawing from Sinai, Israel gave up:

The homes of over 7,000 Israelis
The Alma Oil Field, valued at over $100 billion. Israel would have had energy independence had they held on to it.
More than 170 military installations
Dozens of early warning stations and strategic defense locations

Peace with Jordan

The Israel–Jordan Treaty of Peace (full name: Treaty of Peace Between the State of Israel and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan) (Hebrew: הסכם השלום בין ישראל לירדן‎; transliterated: Heskem Ha-Shalom beyn Yisra'el Le-Yarden) (Arabic: معاهدة السلام الأردنية الإسرائيلية‎; transliterated: Mu'ahadat as-Salaam al-'Urdunniyah al-Isra'yliyah, and sometimes referred to as the Wadi Araba Treaty) was signed in 1994. The treaty normalized relations between the two countries and resolved territorial disputes.

Withdral from Palestinian Cities

Power and Water Agreement

Aid Into Gaza from Israel

At the Cabinet meeting of 22 March 2009, the Government of Israel instructed the bodies dealing with the matter to enable the entry - without restriction - of foodstuffs to the residents of Gaza from all relevant sources, after it has been verified that they are indeed foodstuffs, and this in the framework of the humanitarian efforts. The Government directed that the foregoing be scrupulously implemented.

Essential food products including meat, chicken and fish, grains and legumes, fresh vegetables, dairy products, oil, flour, salt and sugar, in addition to animal feed, hygiene products, clothing, medicines and medical supplies are among the goods that are regularly delivered to Gaza.

Aid Link 2

Link 3

Israel's Response to Flotilla LINK

Agreeing to Recognize a Palestinian State LINK

Esther 4:14

14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”

America must stand with Israel. Pray for the peace of Israel.

edit on 3-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was unaware that forcefully pushing people off their land, collective punishment of an entire people in contained areas, economic oppression/warfare/punishment, bulldozing homes, shooting at fishermen, burning people's crop fields, bombing residential areas, intentionally polluting water supplies, denying and preventing proper medicine and aid, direct military provocation and airspace violation, and attacking aid vessels and murdering people in international waters was considered peaceful.

Interesting.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

See (case in point) You can't win in this debate. The idiocy and vitriolic hatred toward Israel is non existent for any other country. The lemmings will rehash the Leftist nonsense they were taught by their Marxist professors. They do not have a lot of common sense or logic in their corner.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
I was unaware that forcefully pushing people off their land, collective punishment of an entire people in contained areas, economic oppression/warfare/punishment, bulldozing homes, shooting at fishermen, burning people's crop fields, bombing residential areas, intentionally polluting water supplies, denying and preventing proper medicine and aid, direct military provocation and airspace violation, and attacking aid vessels and murdering people in international waters was considered peaceful.

Interesting.
Plaestine is beyond repair the people are so hateful and barbaric minds towards jews it is sad to see.Happening all over again and could turn very ugly into World War 3.

link   
**ATTENTION**

Due to the sensitive nature of these sorts of discussions, this thread will be closely watched by staff.

Please review the following links:

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

YOU are responsible for your own posts.

Please be mindful of our civil environment. Respectful debate is required here, not personal attacks, rude remarks or anything else that disrupts the flow of conversation.

Thank You

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

The video below is interesting. I decided to look up each of the items listed in the video. Feel free to comment from your own perspective. I feel that Israel is trying to achieve peach and I have never heard a public statement form Israel concerning any other goal. As for the other side of the equation, they are hell bent on destroying Israel.

Yup, Israel is good all Arabs bad. I have interesting videos and pictures as well. They show dead babies, a school being bombed, UN buildings being bombed and white phosphorus enlightening the skies over Gaza. I have articles that prove that Israel was lying about the use of white phosphorus numerous times.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd Maybe it is not yours.

No, it is not, you are right.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd I stand with Israel.

That is pretty obvious.

Essential food products including meat, chicken and fish, grains and legumes, fresh vegetables, dairy products, oil, flour, salt and sugar, in addition to animal feed, hygiene products, clothing, medicines and medical supplies are among the goods that are regularly delivered to Gaza.

What is your source? Aha I see, Israel. Do you have independent sources as well?

Originally posted by SuperiorEd Israel's Response to Gaza Flotilla

Why do they play this “kindergarten” game instead of apologizing to Turkey? It was excessive force even the second UN report confirmed that and Israel acknowledged that report.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd Agreeing to Recognize a Palestinian State

Great let’s vote for it according to UN resolution 262 this month.

Originally posted by SuperiorEdAmerica must stand with Israel. Pray for the peace of Israel.

And what happens if they don’t, if they just mind their own business?

edit on 3-9-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

LOL, wow.

I could say the same for many other countries, but this thread is about Israel.

And my post is not hate-filled or vitriolic, it simply questions what is considered peaceful (in a sarcastic way). You might take it as hate-filled because there are people who unconsciously take anything that doesn't praise Israel as God's chosen can-do-no-wrong as hate-filled rhetoric and out to destroy it.

You're right, the debate will never be won--by either side.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
alpost.com/opinion/Nothing+apologize/5349421/story.html

Not that this link will make a wit of difference to those that cheer on and love dictatorships, celebrate blowing up your kids, sing songs and dance in the streets after 9/11. ban women from driving and kill homosexuals, but for what it's worth......

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

Originally posted by Liquesence
I was unaware . . . peaceful.

Interesting.
Plaestine is beyond repair the people are so hateful and barbaric minds towards jews it is sad to see.Happening all over again and could turn very ugly into World War 3.

When you put people in a cage and treat them like animals, they generally act like animals and develop resentment for those who caused and maintain their condition.

It's very sad. It's a modern day Warsaw Ghetto--for the Palestinians.

It is not beyond repair. Remedy the cause first.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Lets not forget that the Arabs were living there before the mass exodus of the Jewish people in the early 20th century up to the end of WWII. An estimated 700,000 Arabs were forced & tricked off their lands, their homes and towns destroyed and no restitution was given to them. Then shortly after the State of Israel was declared.

Kinda reminds me of when Europeans took the lands from the Native Americans. For more information about the creation of the State of Israel, check out my thread: How the State of Israel was created & Nakba Day

Interestingly enough, the present day protests of Israelis against the State have a list of demands, and that list excludes any mention of the Arab people. Although, these same protesters would love to stop fighting with the Arabs and end the violence, they have forgotten to stand up for them, it would seem.

Palestinian Rights Absent from Israeli Protest Demands

Israelis chant 'Jews and Arabs refuse to be enemies'

edit on 3-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I could understand and appreciate where you were coming from, but when Israel was formed, it was done so by stealing land from the indiginous people and then they decided that the land they took initially wasn't enough.

The grass is always greener on the other side and therefore why shouldn't they have some of that?

So off they went and when they were attacked by the natives, they called in the calvary to assist them to beat off the natives.

In order to protect themelves they turned to a nation that had previous expeience of such circumstances.

So the U.S decided to arm poor little Israel under the guise that at least they were willing to have a democracy, unlike the surronding nations.

The U.S did exactly the same thing to the Native Americans.

If you tried to take my house or my land I would be obliged to protect it. If that involved taking you out, as an invader, could I be blamed?

Can I ask all people. If you were under threat of being evicted from your home or land, would you not protect yourself?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
alpost.com/opinion/Nothing+apologize/5349421/story.html

Not that this link will make a wit of difference to those that cheer on and love dictatorships, celebrate blowing up your kids, sing songs and dance in the streets after 9/11. ban women from driving and kill homosexuals, but for what it's worth......

What would happen today if the Arabs put down their weapons to seek peace?

-Answer is peace. Israel already possesses the power to utterly destroy its enemies.

What would happen today if Israel put their weapons down?

-Answer is that Israel would be destroyed utterly apart from defending itself.

What would the US do if rockets started hitting Texas from Mexico?

-We would invade and utterly wipe them out. I doubt we would deal with them by giving parts of Texas away.

Israel has done what no nation would have done. You can argue their right to the land all you want. This is their land of origin and it is a possession marked by God for His people. No other land can claim this distinction. You can try and imagine that this is some twisted self-fulling prophecy, but this could not be possible. What person of antiquity could conceive of such a thing. Prophecy is being fulfilled right in front of your eyes. Nothing has ever happened on this earth to compare. God is evident in the events of history.

These prophecies have been ready by generations going back over a thousand years. This is proof of the accuracy of the Bible. There can be no other explanation.

Zechariah 12: The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares: 2 “I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. 4 On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness,” declares the LORD. “I will keep a watchful eye over Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. 5 Then the clans of Judah will say in their hearts, ‘The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the LORD Almighty is their God.’

6 “On that day I will make the clans of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume all the surrounding peoples right and left, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.

7 “The LORD will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem’s inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the LORD going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

The only people I've heard were dancing in the streets were those 5 israelis (mossad) in NY on the 11th.

Besides that most of the things you name Israel is guilty of. A country that should NEVER have been.

(I don't have anything against Jews but condemn all religions equally, so before the racist card is pulled...)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

See (case in point) You can't win in this debate. The idiocy and vitriolic hatred toward Israel is non existent for any other country. The lemmings will rehash the Leftist nonsense they were taught by their Marxist professors. They do not have a lot of common sense or logic in their corner.

how did you ever expect to paint a nation that's been committing genocide in palestine for the last 20 years as peaceful?

im sure they've done loads for peace, but less than hitler did to unite europe, and that doesn't stop him being a #
edit on 3-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You say that Arabs aren't doing anything to acheive peace. Yet every peace agreement with Israel requires two parites (at least). An arab and an Israeli. So that blows that conclusion out of the window.

Frankly however, neither side has done enough for peace. However my biggest fret with Israel has been the conditions in which it has looked for a peace treaty. The Arabs offered a multi-lateral agreement for a long period of time. This was because it was un-popular for one Arab government to achieve peace with Israel on its own without the agreement of others. Israel wanted to negotiate a bi-lateral treaty so they could have the leverage in the negotiations. For a long time the Arabs didn't want this till they realised Israel would only reach an agreement on a bilateral basis.

My conclusion is both could have done far more to reach peace. However, this misconception that Israel does everything it could is BS. Israel wants peace on its own terms and often that means keeping land that isn't theirs or doing things the Arabs cannot accept. It wants peace, I have no dilusions about that. Israel craves peace, yet it craves peace on its terms.

People act as if the Egyptian peace agreement where Israel had to pull out of the Sinai saw far more Israeli concessions. In terms of territory it did, however do you realise the uproar within the Arab league that Egypt faced when establishing a bi-lateral agreement exculding the Arab governments. The same went with Jordan. Frankly Israel came out better then Egypt and Jordan. This dosen't detract from the fact that all governments could have done far more however.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

So, when the Natives in the US start blowing themselves up in Starbucks, name streets after those that killed Americans, and cheer when you guys die, join the parade!

After all, your crimes against the Natives are worse than Israel, Maybe the Mexicans can join in and send rockets into Cali. You totally took their land. You should understand. Hope you don't know anyone in the Starbucks or McDonald's that get's attacked.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Israel has done what no nation would have done. You can argue their right to the land all you want. This is their land of origin and it is a possession marked by God for His people.

By God for his people? Do you think God likes what "his" people are doing to the Palestinians? I doubt it!

Where is your proof, that it is true, what you are saying. Your belief and religious "books" are not in enough in that regard. Religion has and always will be a method of control and there is no difference between a right wing Zionist Jew and a Islamic fundamentalist.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That is the power of saturating and marinading people in a leftist cultral PC soup - Israelis, Westerners, whites, Christians, Americans etc are by definition evil, guilty, racist, warmongers.

Facts and reasonableness simply don't come into it - they can, will and must be twisted round out of all recognition to draw the only politically acceptable conclusion - you might as well be arguing with creationists!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

See (case in point) You can't win in this debate. The idiocy and vitriolic hatred toward Israel

Can you please share your definition of the term 'vhatred' - your definition and mine seem to differ considerably. Thanks.

The lemmings will rehash the Leftist nonsense they were taught by their Marxist professors. They do not have a lot of common sense or logic in their corner.

Can you please be specific? Who are you suggesting is a lemming on this thread? Please show your evidence that they have Marxist professors.

Please also give your evidence of absence of logic and common sense, based on the posts made on this thread by those you are referring to.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join