It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Justice Department Sues Gibson Guitar for Having American's Do Work Indian's (India) Can Do!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
First off, I am not good at this posting thing yet. I have to leave work in like 6 minutes, but I had to post this! Our lovely wacked out government! AAArrrrggggg!!!!

This ought to tick you off. Just like Obama giving $2 billion to Brazil to drill offshore for oil, now they want to force more American jobs out of the country and are suing Gibson Guitar, raiding their factories, etc. to force them to do it. Here:

Gibson: Feds Want Guitar Woodwork Done by Foreign Labor

...Gibson's CEO has said repeatedly that the only reason his company is in trouble is because U.S. workers are completing work on guitar fingerboards in the United States. In an interview earlier this week, CEO Henry Juszkiewicz claimed that the U.S. government even suggested Gibson's troubles would disappear if the company used foreign labor.

The Justice Department is hamstrung from talking about the case because it's an ongoing investigation. Justice spokesman Wyn Hornbuckle told FoxNews.com only that agents were looking for evidence of "possible violations" of a law governing imports of plants and wildlife.

Hornbuckle also confirmed that no charges have yet been filed in either of the two cases.

Court documents help explain the root of the tree dispute. According to search warrants associated with the latest raid, federal agents in June intercepted a shipment of Indian ebony apparently bound for Gibson in Tennessee. The documents noted that Indian law "prohibits the export of sawn wood," which can be used for fingerboards -- but does not prohibit the export of "veneers," which are sheets of woods that have already been worked on.

Juszkiewicz said in a statement that the U.S. government has effectively suggested "that the use of wood from India that is not finished by Indian workers is illegal, not because of U.S. law, but because it is the Justice Department's interpretation of a law in India."

More at Source:www.foxnews.com...

Meanwhile in a city near you methamphetamine is easier to find than alcohol for most kids, illegal’s of all sorts are flowing over, through, and even tunneling under the Mexican Border at the rate of thousands per day. However, the Justice Dept. under Holder and the Obama Administration find that interpreting vague Indian law, which says it is legal, to perform raids on Gibson factories and waste hours and days of time from tactical teams, investigators, lawyers, judges, and on and on. I am beginning to think the government is out to kill every bit of business it can find around here in the US. Not just that, but we don’t see these kind of actions when Chinese toxic gypsum board (drywall in people’s homes) comes in or toys from China with Lead paint, no. We have to discern between 2/3 finishes and finished, which probably can't be done in India because they have to be hand fitted for each guitar while being manufactured in the US. Indian Authorities seem to not have a problem with it and have been selling this to Gibson for decades. But, watch out folks, there is a new sheriff in town, and he is out for business…Deputy Obama is setting up his 2012 campaign splash hit with, “I have stopped Gibson Guitar handles from being finished in the US so other people in India have a chance for a Job taken from America!”

edit on 3/9/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That's a sign, if it ain't I don't know what is. Someone or something out there wants America to fail.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
At the end of the day, Gibson are Gibson. You start changing where stuff's made and you might as well set fire to the factory.
C'mon America!! This is one of your pride and joy! Gibson!! One of the best guitar makers in the galaxy! (I can't prove that) If they've sneaked a few supplies, give em a slap on the wrist, and sort the problem out. Name names, yadda yadda...
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, CALL YOUR LOCAL GOVENMENT GUY! that's what they're paid for. Bug em. This is important.
Sorry to shout.
M

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Already in a thread -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Wait, what? How do you go from international trade law to "illegal’s of all sorts are flowing over, through, and even tunneling under the Mexican Border"?

This thread should be moved to Rant.

link   
I picked up on this story earlier in the week and thought it was strange ...It doesn't appear that they broke any laws but I found it kind of crazy the way the gestapo moved in ...I mean like isn't it strange the authorities would take guns and move in like its a terrorist origination? There has to be more to this story then what we might be lead to believe . But like Gibson they don't know what to think of this ...very confusing .. I hope someone else can shed some light on this because it is unusual ..peace

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Let’s use the context of this case combined with the benefit of hindsight that recent history provides and take a look at what might have been the agenda of the TPTB a few decades ago.
1. Get large groups of people from poor countries to go first world countries. This will:
a. dilute the strength of nationalistic feelings in the host countries.
dilute the strength of the christian religion which is strongest in first world countries.
b. mix races together which reduces and weakens cultural bonds, identify and traditions.
2. Get first world countries to transfer their economy to third would countries which reduces the first world country to a second world country thereby reducing their ability to resist military attack by forces of the global elite, or assist other countries to resist such forces.
3. With global social and religious integration combined with economic integration, heralds the concept of Countries Without Boarders. (CWB)
4. This in turn is followed by legal integration and a single global legal system.
The world wide trend of the gravitation of the flow of wealth upwards into the hands of the global elite enables them to:
a. Own the worlds wealth
b. Wage war on any country of their choosing without a great risk of defeat or intervention by others.
c. Control the world economy and so; own the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What the U.S. Justice Department has done is criminal in my eyes... every day I view something in the news that makes them more and more evil... they aren't for the people anymore that fact is certain.

Long live Rock & Roll! Rebel Gibson I say! And with a 'Rebel yell, cry for more, more, more..." And they shall come!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Screw Gibson...theyve been going downhill as instruments since they left the Kalamazoo factory for the grand ole oprey.....its too damp there to make accoustics so they built the Bozeman factory.
The company is a has been and their product no longer is the best.
fender and other big makers are the same trip.
Cheap guitars from cheap labour countries.Mexico, India, China Korea, etc etc.
Hasnt been a good guitar made in usa since the 80s

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sorry if I'm missing something here, but I don't get what the fuss is about.

The Indian laws are there, surely, to protect their own workforce and make sure they're gainfully employed. If Gibson are attempting to circumvent that, then it's right that something should be done about it.

If the CEO has "said repeatedly that the only reason his company is in trouble is because U.S. workers are completing work on guitar fingerboards in the United States", and "that the use of wood from India that is not finished by Indian workers is illegal" - then surely it makes sense for the Indian workers to finish the wood? I mean, how dumb do you have to be to continue on a downward path like that?

And where the CEO also "claimed that the U.S. government even suggested Gibson's troubles would disappear if the company used foreign labor.".... duh? Sounds like good advice to me, surely the same as any expensive management consultant would tell them.

Of course in an ideal world you'd keep the US workforce employed making your US products, but if doing so is putting your company in trouble (thus putting the other employees jobs at risk), and is in this case illegal, either buy your unfinished wood from elsewhere or outsource the work.

Being a martyr won't do anybody any good in this instance.

edit on 4/9/2011 by GoldenChild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
they were using wood from a tree that is endangered, its cut down illegally shipped illegally and used illegally to make guitars.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I wonder if a new Gibson these days has "Made in the USA" still etched on the guitar somewhere?

Seems to be a bit of a con, making guitars in India and finishing them in the States to claim USA craftsmanship.

Either way, I'm never going to buy a Gibson guitar while they manufacture in India.

From where I stand, its back to Japanese made Ibanez guitars. At least I can be sure that they are hand made by master-craftsman.

Another American manufacturer shoots themselves in the foot to save a buck.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
don't need to make nuthin - the great pharaoh will provide - just as long as you bow to the east and pay no attention to the men behind the curtain(s).
the house of red - a bunch of gold collar criminals pulling the puppet strings.
'Dance mr. Bojangles - dance' Nitty Gritty Dirt band.
edit on 4-9-2011 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

good post star for you good person ......That post smacks of a good plan ..very belivable ...
peace

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I hear ya ....I have me a 1973 2613 artist ....its a slick trick ....peace

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
And Americans still think the government works for them. We have been subverted folks take the goddamn rose colored glasses off and realize foreign interests have taken over the government!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Looks like Gibson competitor paid off the right people. We all know that is how our government works. The wood they use is not illegally cut down. It's strange how they don't go after other guitar manufacturers that use the same wood Gibson does.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I wanted to add to this discussion by mentioning that with all the systemic problems imbedded in our system of government and all of the hardened internal corruption that exists in our federal system, one would think that our federal agencies and more importantly all those agencies that fall under the Justice Department would be better served and more aptly occupied by going after real criminals and real corruption within our nation.

With all the existing corruption within government encouraged by corrupt politicians in bed with corrupt corporations who bribe their way into profits by using federal agencies to appease the interests of corporations instead of the citizens that such federal agencies purport to represent and work for, one would think that if such agencies really wanted to stay busy doing a real job, that such agencies would go after internal corruption and all corrupt officials within government.

When one considers that the US Marshals office responded to Gibson with a heavily armed SWAT team and automatic weapons, any logical person has to ask, who within the US Marshals Office is so spineless as to take such orders and execute them as if it truly helps the nation in some way.

We are seeing corrupt politicians in bed with corrupt corporations politicize all of the federal agencies and with politics being the motivation for pursuing "Cases", I for one think that it is more than time that our federal agencies, medical research laboratories, and scientific agencies exclude the politics that undermines what this nation was founded on.

It is time for all federal agencies to begin answering to the public again instead of corporate interests and if such federal agencies want to maintain their bloated budgets, all they have to do is go after real crime, real criminals and real corporate corruption that directly influences our corrupt politicians.

Add in the element of acting in unison together to achieve some goal and I for one think that such agencies can have a long term unaffected run at pursuing criminals that are in abundance if only they will do what they were created to do instead of the extortion tactics we have seen over and over coming from our so called federal agencies.

Gibson and this whole incident is to me a clear sign that politics have begun using extortion and gangster extortion methods as evidenced by how the federal agencies respond to such requests such as the Gibson Guitar Corporation.

Gibson is a victim in this incident and the criminal predators are the politicians and those federal agencies that allow themselves to be used in such an UN-American and blatantly Communist manner. If we truly want to maximize our investment in such federal law enforcement agencies, then we should demand that they pursue real criminals and not the political victims that politics and big corporation interests create for selfish interests and media hype.

Thanks for the thread and thank you for considering these thoughts.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Boycott Gibson. They turned their back on their workers

Bite the bullet and buy a Taylor guitar (Don't fly united with it though) or find a used Gibson that was 100% made in the US

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
Boycott Gibson. They turned their back on their workers

Bite the bullet and buy a Taylor guitar (Don't fly united with it though) or find a used Gibson that was 100% made in the US

What are you talking about? Gibson is being harassed for not using foreign labor to finish thier rosewood necks.

new topics

top topics

join