It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry's Disgusting Agenda Towards Abortion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

While many states have mandatory ultrasound laws, the Texas bill rushed into law by Perry goes many steps further. The law requires a woman seeking an abortion to endure an anti-choice lecture delivered by a doctor who doesn't agree with the content, which gave judge Sparks the chance to reject the law on freedom of speech grounds. But what's truly alarming about the law is the searing contempt for women's dignity and intelligence baked right into it. Women would be required to go through an uncomfortable, invasive vaginal probe sonogram in order to get the picture and audible heartbeat required. They would then be sent home 24 hours to "think" about the decision, putting the Texas government in the position of a schoolteacher sending women to the corner.

To add insult to unwanted bodily invasion, Perry justified his support for the law by arguing that women are dog-stupid. "This important sonogram legislation ensures that every Texas woman seeking an abortion has all the facts about the life she is carrying," he bleated, "and understands the devastating impact of such a life-changing decision." In other words, women need to be put through unnecessary vaginal probing, condescending lectures and 24-hour waiting periods, because without all this harassment, they might not realise that if they have an abortion, they won't be having a baby.

The more I learn about this guy, the more I simply don't like him.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well honestly if you aren't the hardcore right-winger, you won't win the nomination this year.

Just look how much trouble Mitt is having in the polls recently. No moderates will be successful. The right base are seem to be craving an extremist (present board company excluded in general) and that's exactly what they are going to get with Rick..

He's also part of some Evangelical group that thinks they are the second coming of Apostles....and their main goal is to infiltrate the government and push social policy from within. Making America a nation "under God", or whatever mutant version of him they believe in..

Here's that link

~Keeper

edit on 9/3/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Perry is nothing but a total corporate scumbag. If he gets into office we can change our name from the United States of America to the United States of Christian Hell.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Some folks might say that murder should be illegal. Or that Democrats have a "disgusting agenda" towards innocent human life.
Being forced by the federal government on such an issue is a blatant abuse of federal powers over something that should certainly be a state issue anyway.
I don't personally care for Perry but I'd support him if he challenged the Supreme Court again. Tide is turning against the federal overlords.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Perry is nothing but a total corporate scumbag. If he gets into office we can change our name from the United States of America to the United States of Christian Hell.

You mean from United Corporations of America to the United Corporations of Christian Hell.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Anti-choice? How would you like if I called pro-choice beliefs pro-death? Anyways, abortion is a terrible thing and believe it or not most of the country feels that way as we've seen in recent polls. See, they have different ways of looking at abortion that are rather similar but they don't speak of it because abortion doesn't make a good topic at the lunch table. Both pro-choice and pro-life people generally believe that abortion should be allowed for extreme cases only, such as rape or a birth that would cause the death of the mother. About half of the people out there who are pro-choice believe this and about half the people who are pro-life believe this but they get sucked into the political rhetoric. A pro-choice person usually would not know that they share similar beliefs to pro-lifers because the left tries to paint the right as wanting abortion to completely end (as it does). That does not mean that all pro-life people feel that there is no wiggle-room but they believe the left wants abortions to be easy and free (which they do). So in reality, we feel the same in large part when it comes to issues of abortion, we just don't realize it

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Regardless of your thoughts on Perry, the Guardian is a f****** joke. Reading the article clips made me more disgusted at them and their intense bias than it did at Perry for making a law that I somewhat disagree with.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Any Texas bill rushed into law by Perry is money to him $$$. Dirty money makes you stupid, Perry is just a puppet to these big corporations passing bills and he is to stupid to know what is in them.

edit on 3-9-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

You are exactly right.

The large majority of folks are moderates who believe in the same thing. Problem is we have extremists like Perry who represent those large majorities.

It exists on both sides and is especially easy to see in hot button issues like abortion or immigration. It's sad thing.

That's why we need moderates in government who can take ideas from both the far right and left and compromise with the best solutions.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Agreed, I'm sick of picking the lesser evil. I wrote a paper on the failure of the two party system that I'll try to dig up and shorten from fourteen pages to about one. In all fairness though, if you are a conspiracy person who believes in TPTB or the NWO you tend to disavow politics as a whole. I actually take a different approach to this, I feel that the two party system is a clever ruse to TPTB only. Certain issues such as the wars in the Middle-East will take place regardless but smaller issues that have no weight to TPTB such as abortion are under our control. It not only keeps up the ruse that we are in control but rather it does make us in control only to a lesser extent than we wish. So, I still vote, I still favor parties and candidates but it saddens me that it so often fosters hate. The rhetoric is harmful and dangerous and I'm very concerned for this upcoming election. The CBC allegations of racism within the Tea Party are going to cause some serious issues and more than likely violence.

edit on 3-9-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I lived in Austin Texas for 2 years and I would have to say it was a great place to live, clean, low crime, etc..although it was loaded with illegals. That being said Perry is a neo-con, ass kissing, party line following, ass clown.. I believe that abortion is a state issue, that's why i am voting for Ron Paul, we should let the states decide and be done with it. I used to be pro-choice, but after living to be old enough to understand the meaning of life I now know it's wrong. People need to take responsibility for their actions, abortion is not birth control, it is murder plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

I'm not that worried. The whole racism thing hit it's peak back in '08 when Obama got elected. I think things time though your gonna see a whole lot of support for fringe candidates. The Tea Party and the right wing will get what they deserve though if they end up electing some fool like Backmann or Perry..

They think the country is in the hole now, you just wait if they get elected. Now I'm not saying that because I'm more of a liberal or anything, but any conservative can see that these people are just using the color RED as a means to push their social agenda forward.

If it was really about the economy, then why have most red states started passing laws against abortion in droves over the last year? Democrats are no better though. They haven't had a spine since Clinton was in office.

Obama is having a really bad messaging issue now, mostly because it seems he hired a bunch of school kids to work in his communications and press sector of the white house. When the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, it's not going to be pretty.

As for the violence and all the jazz, those fears come up every election cycle and America has been in worse places in the past without everything falling apart. They'll figure out something, eventually that will keep this whole mess operating.

IMO though, they should just let it burn and rebuild. That's just me though..

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
I lived in Austin Texas for 2 years and I would have to say it was a great place to live, clean, low crime, etc..although it was loaded with illegals. That being said Perry is a neo-con, ass kissing, party line following, ass clown.. I believe that abortion is a state issue, that's why i am voting for Ron Paul, we should let the states decide and be done with it. I used to be pro-choice, but after living to be old enough to understand the meaning of life I now know it's wrong. People need to take responsibility for their actions, abortion is not birth control, it is murder plain and simple.

That's why I'm having a baby boy in about a month here. At the age of 21, I'm terrified but it was my choice (even if not intentional) so I'm going to take responsibility and be the best father I can be. I personally couldn't have lived with myself if I had taken another life to better my own. Now, if you were a rape victim or some extreme case I would completely understand an abortion but does the 1% justify the other 99%. And if abortion was illegal would people resort to more dangerous ways of having an abortion or just have the child and treat it like crap? Basically, it has to be a personal choice but if you feel that it is murder (I tend to) then states rights are perfect. You could live in a place where you are separated from something you would view as evil and those who view it as good (yes I have met people who are not pro-choice but rather pro-abortion, makes me feel sick thinking about my conversations with that girl) can be with those who will not chastise them for feeling that way.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by BrianC

IMO though, they should just let it burn and rebuild. That's just me though..

~Keeper

This ^^^

I think the fear of such an extreme candidate could make this a different election than we are accustomed to. We've never had a really extreme candidate (even though some seem to think Obama is or Bush was) and I think even an extreme Republican has a chance in this election, just based off polling data so far that is. If Democrat's were really backed against a wall I think they would claw their way out, I feel the Republican's would do the exact same. I have seen the race card thrown around by Democrat's on a daily basis, in the news, in the paper, etc. If they stand a chance of losing against a truly extreme candidate I except the race card specifically to be their saving grace and that could cause violence in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Perry wants to put into law procedures that might save a baby's life from it's irresponsible Mother's decisions? Why that is just downright wrong of him.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

If it puts a dent in the amount of abortions in Texas,
Then I support it.
What's worse?
Murdering a baby, or going through tests?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Gov. Perry would be the perfect American president as the nation slides inexorability into a fascist corporate oligarchy. The neocons have been calling the shots now for a long time but with this 2012 election they will gain complete control. The individual will only be a tool to serve their interests.

There is no turning back. I think I will prefer to watch America's demise on a laptop in another country. I saw this coming back during the Bush administration and thankfully made plans to bail last year in favor of somewhere on the Mediterranean.
edit on 3-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

As much as I dislike the democrats the carnival of Republican candidates that have been paraded before us for 2012 are ten times more sickening. I'm reminded powerfully of the South Park episode "Vote or Die" (that's not the actual episode name, I can't post the real name here as it may or may not be taken as profane).

Apparently Perry does not trust women to make their own decisions and seeks to patronize them like an angry father berating a daughter getting pregnant out of wed-lock. Let's also not forget his crazy fundie dominion attitude (almost as bad as Bachmans) and his denial of Global Warming's existence in order to please his corporate masters (a former Texas governor in bed with energy barons, who would expect such a thing).

I'd almost consider voting Obama just to choose the lesser of two evils, either way it seems our choice come 2012 will be between Republican or Republican-Lite.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Disgusting according to who? I have no opinion on abortion one way or another, but I have read that Planned Parenthood, as an example, is heavily infiltrated by the "150% get an abortion no matter what crowd!"

Later on, women have psychological issues due to this hasty decision based on what was a political and rushed decision.

There is no harm that I can see, having a bit of balance, and making sure the person is fully informed and aware of the issues involved. I'd rather have them say, "yeah I got all the information and had an abortion...and I'm okay with that|" that have issues later.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Seems like Perry executed an innocent man, pro-life my ass.

This man along with Bachman and Perry and scary as hell when you really look into them and what they believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join