It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A Pokemon episode dedicated entirely to UFOs

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
View it here.

It's only about 20 minutes long, so try and watch the entire episode before you comment. I actually knew about this episode a few months ago, but I didn't want to post it until the English version came out. It's your typical Pokémon episode (they arrive somewhere, meet somebody, Team Rocket comes in, they get rid of Team Rocket, say their farewells), but it is full of UFO-themed material. There are even some corny UFO pictures that might reference certain other famous UFO pictures:







Look familiar?

All thoughts and comments on the episode are appreciated.




posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wow. This is thoroughly unexpected, they must be conditioning the children now.....



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm watching Pokemon for the first time in 11 years...

I'm 20 now.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity
 


Come on, it's Pokemon, what's the conspiracy here? UFOs and aliens are pretty popular with kids last I checked, at least when I was a kid I was fascinated by UFO-lore (perhaps one too many episodes of X-Files). As I recall at least one Pokemon supposedly comes from the moon (Clefairy I think) and the games typically involve talk of celestial power and legendary reality bending monsters.

I'd watch the episode but I'm afraid I'd have to sit through dialogue from Team Rocket, I enjoyed the games as a kid (who am I kidding, I still play them for nostalgia value) but that show was just terrible.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Does Ash get abducted and probed?



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
yeah pokemon has been travelling the interstellar path for quite some time now. but even from the beginning pokemon creators were suggesting that life originated from outer space. or at least pokemon life is. dont tell me you dont remember the clefairy episode? or in blue/red version, the museum in pewter city? every episode and game version has increasingly become more philosophical, inquisitive, and suggestive towards interstellar life.


edit: how i know this, dont ask, cause i cetainly am not 20 and still enjoy playing the latest version of pokemon. definitely.
edit on 3-9-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
yeah pokemon has been travelling the interstellar path for quite some time now. but even from the beginning pokemon creators were suggesting that life originated from outer space. or at least pokemon life is. dont tell me you dont remember the clefairy episode? or in blue/red version, the museum in pewter city? every episode and game version has increasingly become more philosophical, inquisitive, and suggestive towards interstellar life.


edit: how i know this, dont ask, cause i cetainly am not 20 and still enjoy playing the latest version of pokemon. definitely.
edit on 3-9-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)


Oh, I stopped watching Pokemon years ago.........but I continued on playing the Games


I caught a gold shiny Ho-oH pokemon before ^_^



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
God im bored tonight.. i cant believe i just watched that episode.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by atoptreetops
Wow. This is thoroughly unexpected, they must be conditioning the children now.....


So, according to this logic, they must be conditioning children to like cockfighting and dog-fighting.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Really?A pokemon?

What is that anyway?
edit on 3-9-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
the pokemon world one is full of humans making animals slave in high-tech cages that trap the animal with light like ghostbusters wile encouraging small children to go and harm and capture the coolest wild animal you can and then proceed to make it fight for you against other crazy little kids with trained animals ready to get beat and bruised and bloody for there masters, all the wile the goal is to become fighting master champion of the world supreme. did i mention the animals have magic abilities and are named after the word they repeat over and over?



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 


One of the reasons I posted this episode is due to the underlying theme that the UFO in the episode does not come from aliens, but is actually made by a human. It's interesting that they would put this in a show shown to kids, but I guess the old saying, "hide the truth in plain site," holds true.

reply to post by Nikola014
 


...

10 years from now (if the world hasn't ended by then), we'll get somebody on ATS asking who Michael Jackson was.

Think about that.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity
 


But you can't use the phrase hide the truth in plain site with Pokemon, a show about making adorable monsters fight in an arena, monsters that can be readily converted into pure energy. Because if the man-made UFO parts are taken as truth what other aspects of Pokemon should we consider possible realities?



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Putting UFO's into the realm of obviously make beleive animals called Pokemon is hardly conditioning.
I'd say they're actually making non beleivers. When a kid realises PM's aren't real they naturally assume that anything that goes with the show isn't real. IMO.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
the pokemon world one is full of humans making animals slave in high-tech cages that trap the animal with light like ghostbusters wile encouraging small children to go and harm and capture the coolest wild animal you can and then proceed to make it fight for you against other crazy little kids with trained animals ready to get beat and bruised and bloody for there masters, all the wile the goal is to become fighting master champion of the world supreme. did i mention the animals have magic abilities and are named after the word they repeat over and over?


Not all Pokemon are named after the words they say.

If this is not allowed, just take it as temporary and i'll do it proper when I get home by embedding the pic.

www.funnyjunk.com...



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

the pokemon world one is full of humans making animals slave in high-tech cages that trap the animal with light like ghostbusters wile encouraging small children to go and harm and capture the coolest wild animal you can and then proceed to make it fight for you against other crazy little kids with trained animals ready to get beat and bruised and bloody for there masters, all the wile the goal is to become fighting master champion of the world supreme. did i mention the animals have magic abilities and are named after the word they repeat over and over?


As sad as it is, that is a very concise and accurate description of it!


Then there's the copy cat clones....Digimon, Bakugan, etc., etc. all designed to brainwash kids into collector mentality to further drain their parents' wallets! Yay capitalism!



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join