It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraqi People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Dear Readers,

Would you ever forget and forgive anyone for bombing your house that you built with all your savings in life? Would you forget and forgive who killed all the members of your family not leaving even the innocent ones? Would you forget and forgive someone who caused your future to destroy in ruins? Saddam did it to the people of Iraq (with the US WMD supplied during the Iran Iraq War) and now the US is doing it to them. What, do you thing, will this hatred lead to?

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Forgive a leader who's secret police came up to your mother and called her a prostitute, and then cut her head off, right in the street?

Or maybe you'd forgive the leader who ordered your 10 year old and 12 year old into war against horrible odds?

Or, would you forgive the leader, who strapped explosives to you, and ordered you to feign surrender and blow yourself (and the enemy) up, or they will kill your family?

Bah!!!

And when the Iraqi in your example is living in a rebuilt house, with rebuilt infrastructure, and his kids are in school instead of practicing with an AK-47, and he's not worried about accidently saying something against the leaders that he honestly elected, how do you think he'll feel towards us?

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
And when the Iraqi in your example is living in a rebuilt house, with rebuilt infrastructure, and his kids are in school instead of practicing with an AK-47, and he's not worried about accidently saying something against the leaders that he honestly elected, how do you think he'll feel towards us?

By honestly elected you mean the *temporary* UK-USA protectorate to be instaurated in Iraq after the war?

Would you forget, even if USA-UK gave them a house and food, that USA-UK were the ones who dropped a bomb over their 12years old child?

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Makod - The French and German peeps we liberated in WW2 were certainly grateful! Yeah, we bombed them, but we had to in order to save them.

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just as a side note, it is interesting to note that after trying so hard to oppose the war, France and Germany and trying to horn their way into the reconstruction contracts for Iraq. There are 2 reasons for this:

First, the reconstruction contracts are going to run into BILLIONS of $$$, and France and Germany would be interested in getting a piece of that pie. (Also, a bill was introduced today that would expressly deny any and all contractors affiliated with either country in any way to even be allowed to bid on contracts).

Second, if France and Germany get a big enough piece of the pie, they will have enough leverage during the reconstruction of the government to influence whether or not to replace the US dollar with the Euro for the Iraqi oil standard currency (which is the reason this war was fought). By extension, they would then attempt to force an OPEC vote to do the same thing.

Also, of interest, it is noted that Iraq currently has approximately $100 billion in debt, largely to France and Germany. It has been pointed out that during reconstruction and institution of a new government, such debts will likely be alleviated from the people of Iraq.... leaving France and Germany high and dry!!

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Do you really think that USA industries rebuilding Iraq is a far more fair game?

...you bomb'em, you rebuild'em...

...that is, you make them poor, and then you make yourselves rich by adjudicating contracts to yourselves?

...yeah, that seems fair.

Why are you trying to see what other countryes are doing instead of seeing what your country is doing?

BTW, Dangerous_Brian, just see how grateful were DeGaulle after the war that he put France toward and isolationist way just to not be involved in USA affairs too much, and about Germany, please, don't make me laugh. They rebuild themselves from the ground up again, granted, with USA money, money already paid.

Also, just see how 'grateful' those are now.

[Edited on 2003-4-5 by MakodFilu]

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Life Isnt fair! The Universe has no concern for fairness. It sucks, but its true.

The best you can hope for is to make the best of any situation for all involved. I do think, more on a level of keeping the EU from destroying the US (and by extension, most of the worlds) economy, the US will do a slightly better job at keeping things togther.

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
"Also, just see how 'grateful' those are now. "

Ahh, so in the future we wont control Iraq at all and they will be just as ungrateful as France is now.

Doesn't that mean your argument is bull#? How can we benefit long-term from this?

(asides from no WMD)

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
About USA doing better than EU... Sorry, I don't buy it. You are almost about to start WW3, first stating you will attack N.Korea, a nuclear country (war there will be nuclear from the very first), then that missile on Iran, then bombing Russian embassy, directly treating the OPEP. Sincerously, you should thank God this thing hsn't exploded... yet.

Dangerous_Brian: WMDs? Show me *one*. And then, disarm yourselves of those. Are you willing to leave Iraq? Or are you going to exploit it first?

...at least, you didn't exploited France first.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
at least, you didn't exploited France first. Posted by Makodfilu

I guess you missed my threads on why this war is taking place. If France gets its way, IT will exploit the entire planet, and cause a huge planet wide economic meltdown, much worse than the great depression of the 1930s. WWII would be INEVITABLE at that point in order to pull the planet out of such an economic pitfall.

By the way, for WMD, it is confirmed that we have found Tabun, Cyanide, Mustard, Ricin, and Botulism, not to mention over 10,000 chemical suits, atropine and 2Pam Chloride autoinjectors. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
at least, you didn't exploited France first. Posted by Makodfilu
I guess you missed my threads on why this war is taking place. If France gets its way, IT will exploit the entire planet, and cause a huge planet wide economic meltdown, much worse than the great depression of the 1930s. WWII would be INEVITABLE at that point in order to pull the planet out of such an economic pitfall.
Sure, because France is Evil, USA don't, and is not going to do *exactly* that
Great argument, Dragonrider... not!

By the way, for WMD, it is confirmed that we have found Tabun, Cyanide, Mustard, Ricin, and Botulism, not to mention over 10,000 chemical suits, atropine and 2Pam Chloride autoinjectors. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

...and of course, you USA allways maintain sales ticket. Nope, sorry, even my national news, which are pro-war, have not told me about WMDs being found. Most of the people would think USA planned the invasion only to put 'proofs' that weren't there before. We Spanish certainly do.

Where there is smoke, there is fire, and you are smelling really bad.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So in other words, what you are saying is "My view is law, dont confuse me with the facts".

Ok, whatever.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So in other words, what you are saying is "My view is law, dont confuse me with the facts".

Ok, whatever.

Quite the opposite. In this forum, it seems that your view is law, also against the facts.

The facts are Blix found nothing on Iraq *before* the war.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The facts are Blix found nothing on Iraq *before* the war. Posted by Makodfilu

Blix was also ardently supporting the EU, and as such, had a vested interest in this war NOT happening, so as to advance the agenda of the EU.

We also know that Blix didnt exactly "try" too hard to find anything.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The facts are Blix found nothing on Iraq *before* the war. Posted by MakodfiluBlix was also ardently supporting the EU, and as such, had a vested interest in this war NOT happening, so as to advance the agenda of the EU.

Show me proof or stop spreading propaganda.

We also know that Blix didnt exactly "try" too hard to find anything.

Show me proof or stop spreading propaganda.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hey? Which of you loathers of free neterprise, capitalism and the West are a poor impoverished soul, downtrodden by some western corporation?
Which of you are simply self-loathers living in a free society, enjoying a decent job and a decent hospital nearby without the fear of secret police killing you and yours in the middle of the night, sticking your finger in the eye of the society that allows you to say stupid things without retaliation.

You got some gall. Were you a little girl in another country, walking down the street and simply waved at a column of British soldiers youmight find yourself hanging from a lamp post. And you want to poor-mouth the nation that protects your liberty.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
and of course, you USA allways maintain sales ticket. Nope, sorry, even my national news, which are pro-war, have not told me about WMDs being found. Most of the people would think USA planned the invasion only to put 'proofs' that weren't there before. We Spanish certainly do. Posted by Makodfilu

Why dont YOU prove that this material was planted by the US? Strange that we are finding the exact same stuff we KNEW since the last Gulf War that Saddam had.... But then, that sort of blows your arguement out of the water doesnt it?

Makod, I have to ask, based on several of your posts, are you a member of the Bask Separatists, or some other affiliated Communist group in Spain?

[Edited on 5-4-2003 by dragonrider]

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
oh my fu*king word...how can anyone be this ignorant on whats really going on? wheres the original poster to this thread? you cant be serious bro? please dont go there.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Krossfyter:

Kindly specify who your comments are aimed at. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ugh why is it Europe who makes America the bad guy.

Let's look at some parallelisms.

America ----------------------------------------Europe

1) Slavery -----------------------------------Slavery
2) Racism ------------------------------------Racism
3) Religion -----------------------------------Religion
4) Wars --------------------------------------Wars

Ok...hmm so America and Europe share some common "evils". Well now let's see what Europe has done that America hasn't done.

Europe

1) Tried to eliminate Islam
2) Tried to eliminate Judaism
3) Tried to eliminate "undesirables"
4) Tried to take over the world...repeatedly.
and finally.
5) Tried to bring to earth, the "Master Race" which would replace humanity in fire and blood, and reign upon the earth till the end of time.

Who stood against those 5 points?

1) No one (America didn't exist yet.)
2) America, Britain. (Not France, you no longer get to tag along for the ride buttheads).
3) America, Britain.
4) America, Britain (though they also tried to take it over one could argue, but it was obviously for the better.) (France isn't present, WW1 had nothing to do with the World, and France tried to take over the world with Napoleon You boogers!)
5) America and Britain (with Britain I mean the Brittish world, the commonwealths, hell America even.)

So why the hell is it "America and Britain are the bad guys)?

The only people who are trying to make us look like bad guys, are France (dirty pigs who wouldn't fight to save themselves, let alone for justice). Germany (who tried to destroy G-d, Jews, everything else, to pave the way for the "master race). Russians (Who enslaved nearly 300 million people under Stalinist Soviet Union).

And then of course China, who has nothing to do with Europe and so isn't in this.

So as you can see, while America did some naughty things in the past, it has only been fighting against PURE EVIL, for the past 50 years.

And you dare to say we are not RIGHT.

Kiss my butt.

I can't wait to see the Nazi Flag flying over the Eifel Tower, so I can have a legitimate reason to blow it up!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join